Writing Contest: Halloween Afterparty Creepypasta (November 1st - 14th)

Eggplant

5UFeetb.jpg

Prize:

500 Reward Points

Starting Date:

Saturday, November 1st, 00:00AM EST

Deadline:

Friday November 14th, 11:59PM EST

Overview:

Hello, and welcome to Pokemmo's Creepypasta Writing contest as a special Halloween event.

If you're unaware of what a creepypasta is, you may pay a visit to this page, on which it is clearly defined.

I want you to write a frightening story in which you're experiencing odd occurences.

The goal is to convince the reader that your story is real and to scare him.

Share your stories of what happened to you this Halloween!

Rules:

• Only one entry per Forum Account. You are free to update/edit your post until the contests ends.
  • Entries must all be submitted before the deadline.
  • All submissions must include IGN, title, word count.
  • Be sure to put your entry in spoilers, so as not to stretch the page.
  • Make sure you're not breaking any of the basic PokeMMO rules: Here
  • You're welcome to include art to illustrate your story, however it will not be judged.
  • Submissions must be posted during the timeframe of the event, not before or after.

Story restrictions / guidelines:

• Word count should be 500 to 2000 words.
  • The story will take place in any one of the main series handheld pokemon games (Red, silver, diamond, X/Y etc), or PokeMMO.
  • The story will be told in the first person. The point of view can be the gamer's, or you can incarnate the trainer.
  • It can revolve around something that actually takes place in the games, and that is creepy depending on interpretation. Or you can create a story outside of the game, that affects it with glitches, to name some examples. It's up to you.
  • It has to be original content, so you can't create a story about existing known creepypasta.

Judges:

Eggplant, NoadHunter, RacheLucarioMusica

This might be a stupid question, but is there a limit or restriction as to how offensive or inappropriate the content would be, or what it would contain? It's a creepypasta kinda thing, so I'm assuming there isn't

• Make sure you're not breaking any of the basic PokeMMO rules: Here

This should do it.

Specifically:

• Mature Content - Please be aware that we have all kinds age groups within the community, and avoid sharing things that may offend some people.
  • Sexually Explicit content - We do not allow any sexually explicit pictures, videos, or literature on these forums.

It's your call, I guess. Be normal.

IGN: Senile

This is a story 2spooky for a normal man to handle, caution is advised.

Title: Spookoween

[spoiler]One day, I awoke to the sunlight beaming in through my window on a sunny, beautiful day in Kanto. I stumbled towards my closet, where I got dressed. However, I didn’t get dressed in your average every day clothing, I put on the most awful, terrifying attire I could imagine. I put on a poke-furry suit, something only conceivable by the most wicked of demons. With this costume, I was certain nothing could possibly look scarier than me, in my disgusting and shoddily constructed Tyranitar costume. However, I couldn’t have been more wrong, and what happened that day is something that I will never forget.

After this, I ate a spooky breakfast consisting of pancake in the shape of a Zubat, Gastly eggs, and some Lum Berry juice. I continued with my normal schedule, heading to the costume contest, the only place where my genius would be properly appreciated. The place was overrun by large, middle aged men who clearly were not familiar with the concepts of shaving, hygiene, or necks. Despite this fact, I pressed on, certain nobody would be able to top my truly horrifying suit. After a while of mingling with the few people present there who didn’t appear to be some sort of incredibly creepy deviant, the contest had finally begun, and I was prepared to claim my rightful place as the spookiest in the region.

As I advanced, convinced I would win, people began obsessively criticizing the seams of my costume with concerns of poor quality. Naturally, I assumed these people had something terribly wrong with them, as no rational person would care that much about the construction of a mediocre Halloween costume. Unfortunately, I had not accounted for the mental instability typical of the kind of people who’d gather in an event to dress up in Pokemon costumes, and they booed me off stage due to the inferior fabric which was apparently used. Defeated, bitter, and still looking absolutely terrifying, I left the contest and took a trip through the woods.

The forest was dead silent, not a single sound could be heard, and not a movement could be seen. As I walked through the forest, I began to realize that I had no idea where I was. I kept walking, trying to figure out where was, until I realized that I was just further distancing myself from home. At this point, I began hearing sounds come from behind me. I started thinking of a way to get home, and realized I could simply use my GPS to find my position, then try calling a taxi over. After around twenty minutes, I saw the light from the headlights of the taxi beyond the trees, so I ran out towards it.

That’s when it hit me.

When I woke up, I was on a hospital bed in a sterile, white room. I looked around, still dazed, and realized I was in a full body cast. I saw the doctor over near the foot of my bed, and I asked him what had happened. Once he explained it to me, I remembered, and then asked him what my injuries were. That’s when he told me that most of my bones were broken, in a sullen voice. My eyes opened wide, and I asked him if it’s true. What he said next will haunt me forever.

“Yes, it’s true, there’s a spooky scary skeletington inside of you.”[/spoiler]

IGN: Senile

This is a story 2spooky for a normal man to handle, caution is advised.

Title: Spookoween
[spoiler]One day, I awoke to the sunlight beaming in through my window on a sunny, beautiful day in Kanto. I stumbled towards my closet, where I got dressed. However, I didn’t get dressed in your average every day clothing, I put on the most awful, terrifying attire I could imagine. I put on a poke-furry suit, something only conceivable by the most wicked of demons. With this costume, I was certain nothing could possibly look scarier than me, in my disgusting and shoddily constructed Tyranitar costume. However, I couldn’t have been more wrong, and what happened that day is something that I will never forget.

After this, I ate a spooky breakfast consisting of pancake in the shape of a Zubat, Gastly eggs, and some Lum Berry juice. I continued with my normal schedule, heading to the costume contest, the only place where my genius would be properly appreciated. The place was overrun by large, middle aged men who clearly were not familiar with the concepts of shaving, hygiene, or necks. Despite this fact, I pressed on, certain nobody would be able to top my truly horrifying suit. After a while of mingling with the few people present there who didn’t appear to be some sort of incredibly creepy deviant, the contest had finally begun, and I was prepared to claim my rightful place as the spookiest in the region.

As I advanced, convinced I would win, people began obsessively criticizing the seams of my costume with concerns of poor quality. Naturally, I assumed these people had something terribly wrong with them, as no rational person would care that much about the construction of a mediocre Halloween costume. Unfortunately, I had not accounted for the mental instability typical of the kind of people who’d gather in an event to dress up in Pokemon costumes, and they booed me off stage due to the inferior fabric which was apparently used. Defeated, bitter, and still looking absolutely terrifying, I left the contest and took a trip through the woods.

The forest was dead silent, not a single sound could be heard, and not a movement could be seen. As I walked through the forest, I began to realize that I had no idea where I was. I kept walking, trying to figure out where was, until I realized that I was just further distancing myself from home. At this point, I began hearing sounds come from behind me. I started thinking of a way to get home, and realized I could simply use my GPS to find my position, then try calling a taxi over. After around twenty minutes, I saw the light from the headlights of the taxi beyond the trees, so I ran out towards it.

That’s when it hit me.

When I woke up, I was on a hospital bed in a sterile, white room. I looked around, still dazed, and realized I was in a full body cast. I saw the doctor over near the foot of my bed, and I asked him what had happened. Once he explained it to me, I remembered, and then asked him what my injuries were. That’s when he told me that most of my bones were broken, in a sullen voice. My eyes opened wide, and I asked him if it’s true. What he said next will haunt me forever.

“Yes, it’s true, there’s a spooky scary skeletington inside of you.”[/spoiler]

brb changing pants