A PokeMMO Diploma?

Michelle

Question

As I'm nearing completion of my Pokedex, I realize there's something missing, A Pokedex Diploma.
120px-Diploma_RB.png

Would it be possible to implement something like this for the players?

I was thinking even a special hat or Pokedex Vanity Item could be rewarded in place of a diploma or something along those lines.

Let me know what you think !

5 answers to this question

As I'm nearing completion of my Pokedex

You're not, since the pokedex is still impossible to be completed.

Besides Pokemmo is not planning to stop adding pokes anytime soon, and i highly doubt we'll ever have something like a "complete pokedex".

Until then, a diploma would be out of place.

You're not, since the pokedex is still impossible to be completed.

Besides Pokemmo is not planning to stop adding pokes anytime soon, and i highly doubt we'll ever have something like a "complete pokedex".

Until then, a diploma would be out of place.

It would be region specific, and yes I know you cannot obtain every Pokemon listed yet.. I'm 3 away from catching all that you can-- You seem to think I want some sort of instant implementation, but it's really just something that crossed my mind and might be something to consider for the future.

Since the Pokedex will never stop growing this diploma wil be impossible to achieve. I think we should receive ribbons for catching certain amount of Pokemon. For example. once you catch 50 Pokemon a system announcement should pop up saying "You received the beginners ribbon" which also can be viewed in the players trainer card. The more pokemon you catch the better ribbons you achieve, something like that would make the game more interesting and fun to play. This achievement unlocked system can work with everything not just the PokeDex. 

We had ribbons in emerald, and with the hint of the mods on the PTS, i do believe ribbons will be available in the full release. Yeah, some ribbons require beating contests, which i hardly believe will be in the emerald release, but still (:

As for the diplomas, even if they would be implemented, legendaries couldn't be seen or caught, unless the mods automatically check them

It is a nice idea indeed tho (:

Sorry for the huge up ^^
But it's the topic I was looking for !

I think the same about that, it's sad that all the pokemon arn't obtainable, so having the diploma anyway would bea really nice touch..
After all, that poor guy representing Game Freak in Kanto will never be happy asking us to "gotta catch them all" ^^
Rubans would indeed be an alternative if not.

I was also thinking about statistics; there is many things that would be really nice to count / know; besides played hours.
I donno, for exemple: Won and lost battles against NPC, number of used / types of pokeball, number of tries for each badge, etc, countless more.
See what I mean ? =3