[Story] The Silk Sky

As much as I would like to write a crude short story and just replace all drug references with the words apple juice, I'l try to write something a little bit more 'highbrow' as they say.  With all this in mind, this is a bit crude, so yeah, you've been warned.

The Silk Sky

Part 1

I awoke lying on a very cold sidewalk next to what looked like a zombified man.  My head hurt, a lot.  It felt as if someone had hit me in the face with a baseball bat and I had just rose from the subsequent face-plant accompanied by it.  I tried to get up but my arms failed me, causing me to slip and fall back onto the ground and slip back into unconsciousness.

When my eyes opened again the drunken man was gone, replaced with a marvelous view of the street my face was planted against.  It was late, maybe close to midnight, but my blurring vision and slurring thoughts could only make out that the sky was black.  This time, I managed to work myself up onto my knees without knocking myself out.  I scoured my surroundings to get a logical sense of just what happened; my memory was a blank slate.  As I looked around, all I could see was liquid flowing down the streets from what seemed like hundreds of open bottles and people who were in the same situation I had just gotten myself out of.  I tried to get on my feet, but my legs failed me and I figured it would just be better to crawl at this point.

Once I reached the sidewalk, my head started to feel less like it had just had a close encounter with a train engine.  My legs felt like they could finally support my weight, and to my everlasting gratitude, could.

I shuffled down the street thinking to myself, "Just where in the hell am I?"  Once I turned the corner I saw where I had most likely come from.  Bright flashing lights and earsplitting music burst forth for a building roughly 400 feet in front of me.  It hurt so bad, that in my rush to escape the pulsating beat, I slipped on my still wobbly feet and nearly got acquainted with the ground for a third time.

I couldn't make heads or tails of where I was, or what I was doing, but  I seemed to be in the same hazy state as the others on the street.  Everyone that wasn't face down on the concrete was confusedly looking around trying to get their bearings, just as I had. To my surprise one man tried to speak to me,

"Hegh,d'you know where I could..." his words were slurred and with my still rattled brain there was no way I was going to make out what he was trying to say, so it was a good thing he just trailed of and stumbled away.

I continued to head the opposite direction from the club in an attempt to find a place where I could go to seep that was maybe a little bit more comfortable then asphalt.  After what felt like hours, my head started to clear and I could see straight, so the zombie walk that all the other people seemed to be engaged in was no longer familiar, and I started to feel bad for them.  On the edge of my vision I saw what looked like a bed, so I started slowly jogging toward it, picking up a woman who appeared to be around twenty off the ground; to take her with me.  When I reached the Bedhouse, I was surprised to see that all it consisted of was eight beds lined up in two rows.  Six were already full of at least three or four people per bed, so I decided I would occupy the only remaining empty one; the seventh having two people in it already.  I dropped the woman in the bed, slid in myself, and fell asleep.

Inb4 locked/trashed

• Kizhaz locked this topic