Show the player who kicked a player from the team

OrangeManiac

Question

Alright, not saying this would be a common issue or anything but I feel like it should be a thing that a player who has kicked another player from a team should have name displayed as who did it. I'm aware that the people who can kick are given a special right to it since they have been promoted to a certain rank, so the leader would seemingly approve that person's decision. However, it's still an unpleasant word against word situation if a kicked player tells that he was being kicked while at the same time someone who abused their power denies it while not having their name to be seen and therefor no one knows who to blame for the action.

So, when a player leaves it should just have the normal: "Player x is no longer in the team derppity derp." 
When the player is being kicked: "Player x is no longer a member in the team deppity derp. [Kicked by McDerpington]"

Didn't see anything like this in my search words of ToC, therefor apologies if a duplicate. Discuss.

22 answers to this question

So don't give that power to any person you meet, better now?

"Every person you meet" is not the thing here. I mean I don't think it's that hard for someone who is an ass to pretend to be a "good person" just to reveal the true nature when given some power.

Like I said, I'm not saying this is a common issue - I'm just saying that why not to have this.

I'm just saying that why not to have this.

Prevention is better than cure.

If you don't wanto to deal with that type of situations, think before you do anything.

Also there is the anonimity lost too.

Just don't give the power to do that to the person who will abuse it.

So don't give that power to any person you meet, better now?

Obviously the ideal situation would be to never promote someone who will abuse their power.  Unfortunately, that requires a pretty deep and intimate knowledge of other people.  And this is, well, you know... The internet.  No matter how well you think you know your internet BFF5EVAOMG - you don't.  You might know them better than other people on the game, and you actually might know them pretty well, but simply by virtue of meeting someone on the internet you already don't know them.  So you're left with a choice - trust someone you don't really know, or don't trust anyone.  Lets look at those.

• Trust someone you don't really know.  This is what most people end up doing, and it makes sense.  If you're leading a team (of however many people can be on a team now, still 100?) there are going to be a lot of people on, and you can't always be on (inb4 nolyfer objects).  If you want your rules and ideals to be enforced at all times you either have to never log off (please... don't do this) or you're going to have to trust others to enforce your rules and ideals.
  • Don't trust anyone.  This leads to either nolyfing so everyone follows your rules, or just accepting that things might happen that you don't like while you're offline.  Then it becomes a he-said she-said situation if/when a problem occurs.

In conclusion - transparency is good.  It makes people accountable, and helps explain otherwise unexplainable things.  Nor should this be particularly hard to implement. While I don't know how PokeMMO implements messages, I'm assuming its something sort of like

team.sendMessage("User %s has left the clan", User1);

and could be easily changed to

team.sendMessage("User %s was kicked from the clan by %s", User1, User2);

Like I said, I'm not saying this is a common issue - I'm just saying that why not to have this.

I just don't see any downsides to this.

It would likely cause a lot of unnecessary drama, if the issue is 'somebody untrustworthy has been put in a high position' then the problem isn't with the system, it's with the person.

I mean. These are all the kicking scenarios possible:

-A gets kicked by B for good reason.

-A gets kicked by B unfairly, but B is doing what he thinks is right and won't mind trying to justify it.

-A gets kicked by B unfairly, but B is unwilling to admit that he did it because he's voluntarily messing with people.

This message would basically only really make a difference in the third scenario. And in my opinion, the lack of this message will cause more drama and confusion than having access to that information.

It would likely cause a lot of unnecessary drama, if the issue is 'somebody untrustworthy has been put in a high position' then the problem isn't with the system, it's with the person.

Yes, but it can be hard to know that there will be a problem with a person ahead of time.  This system would help fix the situation where you've misjudged someone.

I mean. These are all the kicking scenarios possible:

-A gets kicked by B for good reason.

-A gets kicked by B unfairly, but B is doing what he thinks is right and won't mind trying to justify it.

-A gets kicked by B unfairly, but B is unwilling to admit that he did it because he's voluntarily messing with people.

This message would basically only really make a difference in the third scenario. And in my opinion, the lack of this message will cause more drama and confusion than having access to that information.

Well, for the scenario 1 and 2 everyone in the chat knows whether the player was eventually kicked or decided to leave. Avoids unnecessary uncertainty and investigation among the rest of the players in the chat.

How about the leader of the team alone being notified about who kicked?

In conclusion - transparency is good.  It makes people accountable, and helps explain otherwise unexplainable things. 

^This is what I would look for in a team and what I would want in the "real-world" as well. I can see and almost understand why staff and "the-internet" would not want this, too.

Why not take the middle ground (aside from staff being busy doing this, rather than making Emerald 100% available) and give the team (via leader) the ability to choose? I'd imagine it would be similar to the ability to choose an option when blocking someone.

So, when a player leaves it should just have the normal: "Player x is no longer in the team derppity derp." 

When the player is being kicked: "Player x is no longer a member in the team deppity derp. [Kicked by McDerpington]"

Is this an attack on me?

Anyway, I don't think this is necessary. You promote someone to a rank where they can do that, then they should have good reason to kick anyone if they do.

So wouldn't it be good to know if you've put the wrong person in power? It's more drama when it's left up to he said she said if you ask me. This way you avoid finger pointing because the system tells you who did it.

Then don't Internet.

Except that's stupid and doesn't address the issue.  There is a problem: you can't always trust people online, but sometimes you have to (see post above).  This suggestion helps address the consequences of this issue, although not the issue itself.

This is a good idea when you don't trust the people who kick people and when you need explanation for the kicking. Though, the boss of the team should have enough trust to give people with these permissions. In addition, the boss should be responsible for choosing the right people to have the right to kick. Currently, my team has one person who can actually kick people and me. Give responsible people these permissions. When I kick people I tell everyone on the team why. The majority is inactivity. Though on occasion three times it was for the persons inability to follow rules. I announce to the team and the person kicked why I kicked them. Of course in a kind honest manner. The first was when the person wanted a dictatorship. The other two was for disrespect, talking back, and cursing. I am in agreement to this idea and should also add there should be a reason listed to why they were kicked. I am fortunate to have a great team where I don't have to kick people often for breaking rules.