Official Tournament Colosseum

Ronax

Question

I really like this, just need to mention a pc at the place is very nice and a berry shop could be cool there too

Yeah for sure!  This idea still has much it can expand on!  Once I figure out a few more things that could be implemented to go along with it I'll definitely edit the post, and add more!  I'll add this to the post for sure ;)

just looked through the pictures again and i began to thought of did you made this thread because of you really like the suggestion or did you it because of you wanted to show off your shinies in a little hidden way?

I just thought they would make the pictures look better xD   But yeah I added a little bit more detail to the thread.

Posted upon request:

Now with the Hoenn update right around the corner, how about we make officials more of a thing? As they are now, I am sure many players struggle to find officials, and are probably unaware of their existence. While one year ago an official had 64 players, we now struggle to fill 32 spots, often having officials with byes. But all can change now.

How about having the official in a large, imposing stadium? This would be the specific areas:

Lobby - where people find information about upcoming officials.

Includes a PC, Healing, Shop (including berries).

The competitors are called through a special entrance place to enter the arena and compete, and they would not be able to enter unless the team abides by the official rules, through an automated check.

Seating Area - will allow the spectators to view the battles taking place between competitive players in the arena.

As much as gen 3 can allow, but a spectator area with restricted access to the arena will definitely make up and coming players wish they were in there even more.

Arena - An epic place where the top battles happen, which can have different decorations depending on the tournament type.

Holds up to 16 battles simultaneously (hoping that the automatization of team checks will not require a CM to watch every single duel).

Hall of Fame - A large hallway with a picture of the winners of the past 10 officials and their winning teams.

I think this can happen, does not require that much coding (wut is coding?), and can use arenas similar to beauty contests. Gimmick? Maybe, but I am sure it will provide great hype among newbies and oldies alike.

Edit: gutted that someone thought of this before me

Hall of Fame - A large hallway with a picture of the winners of the past 10 officials and their winning teams.

I really like this idea!  A Hall of Fame is what the competitive players deserve so that everyone in game can see.  I liked a few other things that you mentioned that are not listed.  I will add it to the main post and give you credit :D  

are they even capable of creating map data that overrides the roms' map data, without touching the roms themselves?

its a good question... they can add pokes following us, they can add a snorlax in Trainer Tower entrance... they can transform our follower pokes into bidoof, groudon , rayquaza and kyogre, so maybe they can add a build there.