What is Your Goal in This Game

bl0nde

when i first started playing this game i really wanted to get into comp. (jeez im gonna sound old as shit for this) But I was really drawn to it because  of the challenge of getting those top tier pokemon by catching it. Much like what JJ said, I dont see the fun in everyone having godly pokemon. I remember how much fun it was when I caught a timid 28 20, 31,31,27, 31 jumpluff and how much fun I had with that sort of challenge of getting pokemon the hard way. Now pokemon like that jumpluff are bred on the daily and its not much fun. If everyones gonna have god comps might as well just play showdown

when i first started playing this game i really wanted to get into comp. (jeez im gonna sound old as shit for this) But I was really drawn to it because  of the challenge of getting those top tier pokemon by catching it. Much like what JJ said, I dont see the fun in everyone having godly pokemon. I remember how much fun it was when I caught a timid 28 20, 31,31,27, 31 jumpluff and how much fun I had with that sort of challenge of getting pokemon the hard way. Now pokemon like that jumpluff are bred on the daily and its not much fun. If everyones gonna have god comps might as well just play showdown

This is the happy balance in the breeding system we came to after a few different variations and discussions. If you feel there is enough people that share your opinion, post a topic. However, IMO it's unlikely that things will change without a lot of support and good reasoning. I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, I'm just saying how I see it.

This is the happy balance in the breeding system we came to after a few different variations and discussions. If you feel there is enough people that share your opinion, post a topic. However, IMO it's unlikely that things will change without a lot of support and good reasoning. I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, I'm just saying how I see it.

im not trying to change anything really. Its just my opinion that things were more fun before than they are now

They can't go back, though. What woudl they do? Wipe everyone's comp boxes? It's the worst kept secret in pokemmo - breeding ruined the game

They can't go back, though. What woudl they do? Wipe everyone's comp boxes? 

Or everything. That would be for the better of the game. Then they could do the gen4 split and fix everything thats wrong with what they've created. 

If I lost it all, Id still play, it's no different then starting new somewhere else.

[spoiler]Pls no ban for talking about other places :unsure: [/spoiler]

Or everything. That would be for the better of the game. Then they could do the gen4 split and fix everything thats wrong with what they've created. 

If I lost it all, Id still play, it's no different then starting new somewhere else.

[spoiler]Pls no ban for talking about other places :unsure: [/spoiler]

It's easy to say to wipe everything when you don't own anything. But its not like it's impossible for it to happen tbh, they already went back on their "no wipe alpha" words once with the money wipe.

Neat thread.

My goal in this game was to help people, and eventually to make the community a better place with events and moderation. I both failed and succeeded at that. It was a lot of fun for a while. 

Also I had a short term goal of raising an entire team of Eeveelutions and an Eevee at level 100 waaaaaaay back in the day and accomplished that fairly quickly haha, it was more of a feat when breeding wasn't in the game. Fun times. 

Sadly every goal disappeared when PokeMMO introduced breeding. Imo breeding is the worst thing that could happen to this game. In fact i stopped playing from that moment, i just log in once in a while to say hi to the old EV players and other old players who are still in there (not many of them anyway, almost all of them did quit).

My goal was to win a Master's Invite as well as win a Team Tournament title for LYLE. My first Team Tournament win was the sweetest victory I've ever had. In addition, I love the fact that everyone has godly pokemon, because now when I beat people it's not because I had better pokemon but because I was the better battler. Don't really have much of a goal now, hopefully something will come up soon that I will aspire to be. In the mean time, I enjoy helping new members into the comp scene.

Sadly every goal disappeared when PokeMMO introduced breeding. Imo breeding is the worst thing that could happen to this game. In fact i stopped playing from that moment, i just log in once in a while to say hi to the old EV players and other old players who are still in there (not many of them anyway, almost all of them did quit).

^

^

^

My goal was initially to get better at comp so I could win tournaments and save up for a shiny Skarmory, then try for a staff position after I didn't need to win official tournaments anymore. I did git pretty gud and won some tournies over the course of the past couple years, meeting a lot of cool people along the way, and feeling like part of a community. I'm proud to name PokeMMO as my first proper online community, and a lot of the people I've met here, I would consider real friends. So I guess I achieved a lot more than I set out to.