What is Your Goal in This Game

bl0nde

I'm going to say what I'm thinking here. You and me have been hanging out a little so this isn't really an attack. I am just really wondering if you think about the things I'm going to mention here.

#1 You say you guys are brothers. I don't know anything about you guys for sure, but I bet you trade your comps between each other to prevent scouting from being effective and to switch up your strategies. How many pokemon have you won tournaments with that you caught/breed and raised 100%? Maybe they are all yours I don't know? I would guess that you swapped out though. I would, if I was trying anything to be the best.

#2 You were on trade chat as soon as the lab coat was out trying to sell it for stuff. You were on like 2 days ago trying to sell (the same coat/a new one?) for goods people grinded for. Now Bloo is in the suggestion corner telling developers that the expansion box should be tradable. I bet you'd buy that too and try to trade it for things like the comps I'm breeding (grinding) right now.

Both of you brothers say you like to be challenged. However, you guys are doing everything possible in this MMO to avoid the grind and make comps more easily available (like a simulator).

To me it's no wonder you win. I know you're both smart – smarter than a large portion of the player base in this game. Smarter than I am at dueling. But to that you add a massive advantage over the average person like me because of the things I mentioned above. I couldn't be bothered to try to win a tournament against you guys to be honest. I know I would mostly lose. It's a waste of time to play against someone like that when I try to breed and play with my own stuff mostly.

If you feel the way you say, I think your desire to win has made you sell yourself short of the enjoyment of playing an MMO over a simulator. When you win with your own steam, dat feel. It's different – my opinion.

In the beginning we had our own things and we held that over each others' heads. We did share when one of us would advance deep into a tournament and we wanted the other person to succeed, but true sharing didn't really start until breeding was introduced, which in my opinion developed competitive balance, good or bad as that is. Now the game is more like a simulator and we just want to maintain our place on the comp totem pole, so really it's just adjusting to what is laid out before us. And also, time available to commit to the game has really went down amongst the three of us.

EDIT: The time availability factor has really played a role in abusing ways to maintain competitiveness without having to grind, for example, selling excess RP for money, selling shinies for money, purchasing comps rather than breeding, hiring ev trainers rather than training yourself, etc.

I use the game to unstress myself, relax by talking with people I like and respect (looking at you Nik, Jim, Panda... and many others I won't mention but you know who you are). And sometimes on Global, just trying to make fun for both myself and others. I guess that's what it is all about, games are meant to be fun... right?

hear RacheLucario talk in TS

And this.

I guess I really dont have a goal here anymore, kinda accomplished everything I really wanted. Has really made the game quite dull for me and doesn't really give me much ambition to really do anything. Started off wanting to win a team tournament, won 6. Wanted to win a Master Invite, got it. Seen I was in reach of winning the most tournaments, bolted way in front of the line. Gosh, I sound so arrogant, sorry. I could try get into shiny trading, but hate having the mindset of wanting to rip of people. I'd like to make youtube videos commentary battles, like plizard did, but I'm not really sure yet. Haha I guess I could do more videos with BestFriends.

In the mind of king bowser

make videos of you battling in tourneys, should be fun

also: goals=fbgm

Zehkar is a GM, drpdrp run with meh!

I never really had a goal. All of the things I've wanted to try out sucked in my opinion. I tried comp and I was ragequitting every 8 minutes. Tried breeding, oh wait... My breeding is actually good. xD

I get 4x31 and 3x31 Smeargles that I giveaway in my trivia, quiz, ect.

I remember my first moment in my first team on my first character, TheWhiteHero. It was called [TNTs] which was TheNightTrainers. Our team had a few people that I was friends with, and also... a few bad people.

*cough cough* LilWizzy *cough cough*

I had made the following friends:

XLilyX

Pidgeysaurus

JeanMarcH

TheEricman

TrainerMikael

OldManHazzan

Snaaake

drpdrp

iidarby

xWhiteLilyx (I still think that was a prank by darby but I can't confirm it. xD)

SilentHeroLink

PinkHero

XxRipshotBluexX

Elcoolio

SakuraHime

And last but not least, tflk

These are my friends. I have realized my goal now. I just want to play the game with friends. Honestly, I came to PokeMMO due to a youtube video. I like showdown for comp.

My Goal in the game:

I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but on serious note I want to train my pokes right and to be a breeder and make some money. I also want some shinies but no one has the money for that. I can hardly reach 1 mil let alone 8-20 mil. lol