What is Your Goal in This Game

bl0nde

Background Story/Reason for Posting:[spoiler]

I've always been poor in money (never over 300k). I never cared a lot about it, but It was annoying to have to monitor what money sinks I used all the time. A couple weeks ago I said to myself - girl you are going to make yourself some $ for once.

So, I breed monsters. I did not put 100% effort into it, but like 93% effort into making some coin. I tried pretty darn hard. It ended up going good, maybe I got luck who knows. Now I have well over a million dollars started from basically...nothing (20k). For others, they lol. For me it is a lot.

At this point, I thought I would care. But I don't. I thought I would be happy, but I'm like "meh". Actually, right after I collected all the $, I just looked at it like "now what?".

So I have had a lot of different thoughts. First, I relearned a lesson: "it is not the destination, but the journey". Like the stop and smell the roses type thing. That is a good quote for life in general. My other thought is I'm not really sure what my goals are in this game. All I know is I think I should do something that is fun and that I enjoy it.

I like to duel, but I don't think I should get hard core into that scene because my competitive nature will take over and I will want to go all addiction no sleep to win. That is not really enjoying yourself is it? That's more of just an addiction.

[/spoiler]

TL:DR: [spoiler]

Anyways... I typed this so maybe some of you would reflect on your pokemon journeys. Are you enjoying your path or are you just looking to meet your destination? What are your goals: best breeder/best duelist/most helpful/etc.? Maybe you would like to explain why you have fun doing what you're doing or why that is your goal?

[/spoiler]

Edited by bl0nde

With as much thought and preparation you put into winning in Viridian I don't think you would have to do a whole lot more to win in tourneys. Obviously you would have to get your feet wet and see what works but I really think you should try.

But to your question, I'd like to end up being known as one of the better players in the game and respected by my fellow competitors. Id like to win a tourney, best Ive done is Semi-Finals on a few occasions. And my third goal in game is to help a team win a Team Tourney; its been a goal of mine since the inception of the Tourney. 

I want to be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch them all is my real test
To train them is my cause

I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Each Pokemon to understand
The power that's inside

Pokemon gotta catch them all its you and me
I know it's my destiny
Pokemon, oh, you're my best friend
In a world we must defend
Pokemon, a heart so true
Our courage will pull us through

You teach me and I'll teach you
Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all

I guess I really dont have a goal here anymore, kinda accomplished everything I really wanted. Has really made the game quite dull for me and doesn't really give me much ambition to really do anything. Started off wanting to win a team tournament, won 6. Wanted to win a Master Invite, got it. Seen I was in reach of winning the most tournaments, bolted way in front of the line. Gosh, I sound so arrogant, sorry. I could try get into shiny trading, but hate having the mindset of wanting to rip off people. I'd like to make youtube videos commentary battles, like plizard did, but I'm not really sure yet. Haha I guess I could do more videos with BestFriends.

To be honest i didn't really have a goal when i started playing this, i was just here to have fun you know. But after a while i beat the game and got into competetive battling. Ofc i wanted to get stronger but still not really a goal set. Then i thought lets join an official event. (Wacky World Maze #2, first official event i joined and i won it :3) So i was pretty proud of that. Then this game kinda got dead and really boring so i decided to make every OU pokemon.... The only goal i really had in this game was to catch a shiny but that goal was accomplished pretty quick, at like 350hrs. And now. All i really do i wait for the big update(hoenn) to happen, but ye Soon(TM)...

I started playing this game to keep in touch and find common ground with my bros (KingBowser and JSTUD) when we all split for college. Our competitive nature drove us to where we are now and similarly to Bowser, I'm not really sure why I play anymore. I don't have his kind of success, but I have won a few officials and I have been a part of a couple team tournament wins. I'd like to think I helped with the other four wins indirectly as well. The game simply isn't what it used to be though. It's too easy to be "top-tier" so to say thanks to the removal of variation in pokemon IVs. You can't simply catch a "god" anymore and have an advantage. Everyone has that advantage with these 5x31'ers getting bred on the daily. I mean it's nice for competition, but what made this MMO different from a simulator has vanished.

Another note is that when I log on it's rarely with Bowser or STUD anymore. Bowser plays still but JSTUD is pretty much non-existent. What really is gone is that fun we had when we each could relish in our success and enjoy the grind we had to do in order to make that success a possibility. The only true passion I still have for this game is the team tournament and helping out new teammates reach a level of success like me, or even beyond me.

LYLE #1, forever and always.

I guess I really dont have a goal here anymore, kinda accomplished everything I really wanted. Has really made the game quite dull for me and doesn't really give me much ambition to really do anything. Started off wanting to win a team tournament, won 6. Wanted to win a Master Invite, got it. Seen I was in reach of winning the most tournaments, bolted way in front of the line. Gosh, I sound so arrogant, sorry. I could try get into shiny trading, but hate having the mindset of wanting to rip of people. I'd like to make youtube videos commentary battles, like plizard did, but I'm not really sure yet. Haha I guess I could do more videos with BestFriends.

Hasn't won PSL yet... Get on my level

#semifinalmasterace

My goal is become the most rich person in this game, and complete the whole pokedex with shiny pokemons. Sadly now i have 5k in my pocket, so is gonna take some time.

(Also maybe win at least one official tournament, not a priority tho)

Honestly I don't have one anymore. I quit in 2013 and came back to my entire friend base being gone, and I haven't really adapted to the whole competitive thing..I really don't want to in most aspects. Really cool community in a lot of ways, but I can't handle it as much as I used to. I feel like all there is to do is constantly battle. I don't mind it, but I always wanted to help organize events or make video's or something along those lines. I guess I will see where it goes. I am basically just breeding, and battling every now and then. Not much people to talk to, and I don't have much to do anymore to keep entertained.