100% Escape Rate Against Sleeping/Frozen/Paralyzed Pokemon

crispybacon1234

Question

A wild Pokémon appears, it's sleeping, and for some inexplicable reason I can't escape. This makes no sense as IT IS SLEEPING!

I'm suggesting that if a wild Pokémon is paralyzed, sleeping or frozen, the escape rate should be changed to 100%. This would prevent some frustration when a faster Pokémon than yours stops you from escaping, despite not being able to move itself.

9 answers to this question

Maybe an additional roll for paralyzed.

If you opponent pokemon is paralyzed you already have better chanches of escaping cause its speed is lowered ( same to your pokemon will have lower chance of escaping if paralyzed )

Also i don't support the idea, it'll have no benefits for players who completed the storyline since they will have a high level paydayer or utility poke, so escaping isn't a problem.
For starting players it'll be a big advantage that isn't really neccessary.

If you opponent pokemon is paralyzed you already have better chanches of escaping cause its speed is lowered ( same to your pokemon will have lower chance of escaping if paralyzed )
Also i don't support the idea, it'll have no benefits for players who completed the storyline since they will have a high level paydayer or utility poke, so escaping isn't a problem.
For starting players it'll be a big advantage that isn't really neccessary.

I don't think the suggestion is for actual necessity, it's just because it makes more sense. A sleeping or frozen Pokemon can't really chase you very much if you try to run away. I also don't think it's a very big advantage for starting players; They'll almost certainly never even freeze a wild Pokemon since AFAIK there's no moves with a chance of freezing early in the game, and if they put a Pokemon to sleep, they're likely trying to catch or faint it. The only situation where this would help is encountering sleeping Pokemon at night; there's few of those, and you can probably run away before it wakes up anyway.

In case it wasn't clear, I support this.