Masuda method please(if not implemented already).

PKMNtrainerJC

Question

12 answers to this question

So, we're supposed to accept that shinies are rare and valuable for the purpose of an MMO when gen 5 implemented an item that literally devalued shinies by increasing their encounter/hatch rate just because that's how it was for Gen 3? So its okay to apply gen 5/6 effects to moves that had a different effect in gen 3, but never change the way shines are because "It'll hurt their value." Lets face it, odds are that there are going to be way more people breeding for IVs for a competitive build than there are for just getting shinies until Pokemmo (if it is still alive by then) reaches Black/White and Black 2/ White 2. Meanwhile, Matsuda Method has been around since 4th gen when Wi-fi/GTS trading was a possibility.

"PokeMMO isn't regional" But we have the option to see multiple countries displayed by flags and language in the options. Quite clearly there is German (Deutsch) Spanish (Espaneol) to name a few, so why not have the game detect your location by using the ip address it registers that you've connected from and have the language option selectable but the region of the pokemon registered by the ip address the server recieves from you? IE Playing from an IP address that registers from Germany(Deustchland) but by choice have the readable text register as English?

your idea is bad and u should feel bad.

this isnt handhelds, this is an mmo.

"This isn't a handhelds, this is an mmo."

That's literally the go to logic for keeping an outdated economy system. cash is tradable outright, payday has been nerfed from a +50 per level to a rng based amount ranging as low as 130 to as high as 290 for a poke that uses it at level 55. In the end what value is the shiny that has basically one perfect IV and average IVs in all the rest compared to a perfect or near perfect IV pokemon?

Are you really going to say that the Shiny has more value JUST because its shiny?

To me that makes about as much sense as putting a 327 in a Volkswagen Beetle, or a six figure Chandelier in an abandoned low-income pre-fabricated home.

If you think that just because a poke is shiny that it instantly becomes more valuable than a pokemon breed intentionally with competition and has value because the current (non-existant) meta is all but perfectly countered then either I'm blind or I just don't get the value of a 1:8+k rate of obtaining. Pre-breeding, yes I could see how shinies in general were valuable, but not with breeding implemented, not with the breeding mechanics as they are currently (Everstone passing nature while being held for example)

no way

The way I see it, more likely than not, a person breeding for IVs is more likely to encounter a shiny than a person just looking for shinies, again what value does a shiny have if all it can do is be a trophy in your PC instead of being shown off while kicking ass?

Are you really going to say that the Shiny has more value JUST because its shiny?

I mean, yeah. Shinies are rare, so they're low in supply, and people want them for their looks/rarity/just to show off in Viridian/to be able to buy more shinies.

They're rare and there's a demand for them, and there's an entire economy around it.

I mean, everyone hates shiny traders, but let's not sit here and pretend there's even a chance that the devs would add something like this which would basically crash the shiny market. There's literally no reason to add this other than "more shinies", and there's no real reason to increase the amount of shinies unless you want to significantly devalue the shiny market, which I absolutely can't ever see happening.

The fact of the matter is that this is something which actively causes harm to the economy and has absolutely no reasoning to be added other than "it's canon!".

Plus, you know, there's no real way to tell the country of a person (and I'm sure there are people who don't want their country to be publicly available through their pokemon anyway, especially considering there are kids playing) in the current system, so it's not like it'd be something easy to add.

So, we're supposed to accept that shinies are rare and valuable for the purpose of an MMO when gen 5 implemented an item that literally devalued shinies by increasing their encounter/hatch rate just because that's how it was for Gen 3? So its okay to apply gen 5/6 effects to moves that had a different effect in gen 3, but never change the way shines are because "It'll hurt their value." Lets face it, odds are that there are going to be way more people breeding for IVs for a competitive build than there are for just getting shinies until Pokemmo (if it is still alive by then) reaches Black/White and Black 2/ White 2. Meanwhile, Matsuda Method has been around since 4th gen when Wi-fi/GTS trading was a possibility.

Your point isn't really applicable, the item you're referring to required you to finish the entire Pokedex, making it both difficult to obtain and a reward for for the completion of the 'hardest' task possible in the game.

The Masuda method was introduced in Generation IV, a generation where GTS trading allowed the trading of any Pokemon globally, the games were (and still are) rife with people using third party devices to obtain Shiny Pokemon and trading them away in hopes of recieving something valuable in return, it was likely an attempt to put those playing legitimately on a similar playing field with those who were using such devices.

The Shiny Charm was introduced a generation after that, likely as a way of furthering this.

Another generation passes and chain fishing is introduced, making it even easier to get shinies. - But you can't just see that side of it, you have to look at the possible reason why they became easier to obtain, and how they were originally intended to be obtained.

Your point isn't really applicable, the item you're referring to required you to finish the entire Pokedex, making it both difficult to obtain and a reward for for the completion of the 'hardest' task possible in the game.

The Masuda method was introduced in Generation IV, a generation where GTS trading allowed the trading of any Pokemon globally, the games were (and still are) rife with people using third party devices to obtain Shiny Pokemon and trading them away in hopes of recieving something valuable in return, it was likely an attempt to put those playing legitimately on a similar playing field with those who were using such devices.

The Shiny Charm was introduced a generation after that, likely as a way of furthering this.

Another generation passes and chain fishing is introduced, making it even easier to get shinies. - But you can't just see that side of it, you have to look at the possible reason why they became easier to obtain, and how they were originally intended to be obtained.

Fair enough, I can respect that counter point, though you also forgot Poke-Radar which was also 4th gen and provided a slight boost in shiny encounter (possibly a placebo effect due to encounter rates) provided you had chained an appropriate amount of the pokemon desired and even had a method devoted to maximizing the chain, a coin flip app that helped in manipulating the RNG for Shiny 3 IVd pokemon amongs other things.

In the end though, and I realize this too, these shinies can't be transferred anywhere, they aren't like finding a shiny in a horde like In X/Y. (I still haven't completed the Kalos Dex, let alone the National Dex) so it isn't like these things are going to go anywhere anytime soon.

Edited by XelaKebert
Removed reference to removed content