Football discussion thread

RysPicz

34 minutes ago, Jordzi said:

Ofc I get why Belgium and England are doing this, but my god it's lame. This could have been one of the games of the tournament, instead we have reserves vs reserves. 

Yawn. 

You can understand why they both played reserves, but you can’t understand why they’ve both playing for 1 point. No intensity from either side, although Belgium have had the better chances. No cohesion between English players, sad. 

Edited by Zymogen
2 hours ago, Ultrajesus said:

img_lbuxeres_20180628-221857_imagenes_lv

Uruguay - Portugal: Portugal wins. Uruguay is probably favoured going into the game because of 9/9 and no goals conceded in group stage, but on the other hand they had an easier group than Portugal. I still believe Portugal to take it with some Ronaldo magic.

France - Argentina: France wins. You never know what kind of Argentina is gonna show up, but the same can be said about France. Both of them didn't play a convincing group stage. Yes France got 7/9 but they didn't play great football. I still think Argentina used up all their luck this run and France will be a step too far.

Brazil - Mexico: Brazil wins. Mexico has been knocked out in the round of 16 in each of the past 6 World Cups and this will not be any different. After getting crushed 0-3 by Sweden I don't give them any chance anymore.

Belgium - Japan: Belgium wins. In November last year we played a friendly against Japan and won 1-0. Japan has yet to impress this World Cup and going up against the Belgian superstar team will be a very tough task. Keisuke Honda is one of my favourite players and it will be sad to see the tears rolling from his eyes after getting crushed.

Spain - Russia: Spain wins. Spain's attack looked very unconvincing aside from their game vs Portugal, but Russia's early easy wins were kind of a meme after they got crushed by Uruguay. Spain will take it after another unconvincing game. 1-0 proably.

Croatia - Denmark: Croatia wins: Croatia was one of the few teams to impress in the group stage and they got a beatable opponent in Denmark. Denmark does play organised but Croatia will take it with top class football.

Sweden vs Switzerland: Switzerland wins. Really even game, tough to call. Switzerland impressed me vs Brazil so I give them a slight edge but it might go eitherway.

Colombia vs England: England wins. It's a game that could go eitherway but James Rodriguez is probably out with a calf injury so I'd put my money on England.

1 hour ago, Tranzmaster said:

Uruguay - Portugal: Portugal wins. Uruguay is probably favoured going into the game because of 9/9 and no goals conceded in group stage, but on the other hand they had an easier group than Portugal. I still believe Portugal to take it with some Ronaldo magic.

France - Argentina: France wins. You never know what kind of Argentina is gonna show up, but the same can be said about France. Both of them didn't play a convincing group stage. Yes France got 7/9 but they didn't play great football. I still think Argentina used up all their luck this run and France will be a step too far.

Brazil - Mexico: Brazil wins. Mexico has been knocked out in the round of 16 in each of the past 6 World Cups and this will not be any different. After getting crushed 0-3 by Sweden I don't give them any chance anymore.

Belgium - Japan: Belgium wins. In November last year we played a friendly against Japan and won 1-0. Japan has yet to impress this World Cup and going up against the Belgian superstar team will be a very tough task. Keisuke Honda is one of my favourite players and it will be sad to see the tears rolling from his eyes after getting crushed.

Spain - Russia: Spain wins. Spain's attack looked very unconvincing aside from their game vs Portugal, but Russia's early easy wins were kind of a meme after they got crushed by Uruguay. Spain will take it after another unconvincing game. 1-0 proably.

Croatia - Denmark: Croatia wins: Croatia was one of the few teams to impress in the group stage and they got a beatable opponent in Denmark. Denmark does play organised but Croatia will take it with top class football.

Sweden vs Switzerland: Switzerland wins. Really even game, tough to call. Switzerland impressed me vs Brazil so I give them a slight edge but it might go eitherway.

Colombia vs England: England wins. It's a game that could go eitherway but James Rodriguez is probably out with a calf injury so I'd put my money on England.

I have my money on Sweden to be honest

2 minutes ago, Jordzi said:

YEEEEEEEEES! Bye bye you snakes. I can relax now. Get ****** Portugal. 

Uruguay are incredible. Absolute warriors. Never seen a striker give as much as Cavani tonight. 

Snakes why cuz England could never beat Portugal?

15 minutes ago, MathewMat said:

Snakes why cuz England could never beat Portugal?

Pepe. Ronaldo. Mourinho. Carvalho. Figo. The list goes on. The only good thing that’s ever come out of Portugal footballwise is Deco, and even he was a nasty **** (Barca legend though). 

And I don’t care about England haha, Spain is my team. But watching Portugal cheat England out of Euro 2004 certainly had some bearing on my hatred for them. 

It’s a matter of philosophy too. The Spain way (Pep’s style) is so absolutely polar opposite to the Portugal (Jose style) that I cannot help but loath them with every fibre of my being. 

Edited by Jordzi