Football discussion thread

RysPicz

I was thinking of this and wanted to share my thoughts,feel free to share yours :

Most Overrated XI :

De Gea

De Sciglio             Van Djik              Eric Bailly       Marcos Alonso

Veratti

Fred                             Xhaka

Suso                                                  Willian

Belotti

Most Underrated XI :

Cillessen

Vrslajko         Christensen            Vida        Ben Davies

Busquets

Kovacic                       Jorginho

Dembelé                               Martial

Diego Costa

Yes, I wanna share my thoughts here too

7 minutes ago, AlitoFernando said:

I was thinking of this and wanted to share my thoughts,feel free to share yours :

Most Overrated XI :

U mom

U uncle             U aunt              U sis       U broth

U dad

U grandma                            U granddad

ever                                                  how

is

I can agree on most Serie A players on that list, and Italians in general. 

Can't say Jorginho is underrated tho cause last year he was one of the best of the entire league, iirc he had the highest amount of successful passes, and his keep in high regard here. 

I also don't think Suso is that overrated, since he is considered a good player, but quite far from beeing a top, and he is also quite infamous for doing always the same play on the field. 

The others that I know are pretty spot on, especially that Belotti

17 hours ago, Kanzo said:

I dont know what error u have in ur head to put Diego Costa in there xd. Verrati debatable, really like his peace and control of midfield early years in psg now i dont know. rest i aggree.

Diego Costa is such an underrated striker,many people are talking about Cavani,Suarez etc while Diego scored 4 goals in the world cup and led atletico to the extra time of the Super cup and they ended up winning it.Moreover,his seasons with Chelsea,the guy just dominated the PL for himself,such a shame from Conte to get rid of him that way.I didn't see that much from Verratti,i was talking with some PSG fans and most of them were pissed with his attitude,he chokes at many important games,he plays box to box but prefers to pass when he should shoot etc etc..

18 hours ago, londark said:

I can agree on most Serie A players on that list, and Italians in general. 

Can't say Jorginho is underrated tho cause last year he was one of the best of the entire league, iirc he had the highest amount of successful passes, and his keep in high regard here. 

I also don't think Suso is that overrated, since he is considered a good player, but quite far from beeing a top, and he is also quite infamous for doing always the same play on the field. 

The others that I know are pretty spot on, especially that Belotti

Well,Jorginho should have the same hype as other italians had,for me Jorginho is more likely to be a futur Pirlo,as a Chelsea fan i've never had the chance to watch a regista play and my word he's phenomenal,i'm not suprised that even Guardiola wanted him,he really fits his style,i feel very lucky we have him.

As for Suso meh,i guess it's pretty soon to call him overrated as he's still a youngster but i'd put him there anyways because i assume at 24 years old you should have at least 30 goals in your current career when you are in starting XI in Milan despite the fact that Milan is kinda struggling during this couple of years.

Edited by AlitoFernando

I disagree with Suso being over rated. I think he is predictable but not super over rated. His job honestly is not to score. His assists should be higher but that requires a competint striker.

verattti I think is not over rated but rather terribly injury prone but his passes are fantastic when he was youth at Pescara I think he was not a shooter he would set it up on a platter

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm just pissed that we lost cause of a pooped mistake when the match was already done.... Tbh I think that in the second half Milan deserved more, but in the end if you don't score you don't win, and Milan got lucky that Opoku turned his brain off 30 seconds before the end. 

Also the red card was a mistake imo cause by rules thats not a violent tackle, and it did not pose a direct threat to the opponent, and of course it wasn't a last man situation.. .. It was just a (imo at least) tecnic faul to stop a counter... Yellow for sure, not red... But still, really pissed for the end

No it wasn't, as it was also confirmed by mosts....then there should be a lot of reds cards going on in every match, at least here in Italy. I can name 2 against Genoa against Udinese, that were santioned with yellows (fair imo). The rules are pretty clear on what is and what isn't a red card. That one wasn't. Nuytinck also didn't even get him that hard, he just touched him enough to make him trip on his high foot.... 

Also, talking about mistakes, the ref stopped Lasagna going straight to Donnarumma cause Zapata, getting burned in speed, dropped down after a little contact, when Lasagna was already escaping him. The rules says that in that case you don't stop the play, and eventually, in case of a gol, you check the Var. 

Then every time someone takes the opponent shirt/arm/shoulder who is running towards the goal should take a red cards cause they as well do that on purpose

I could link the analisis of why that isn't a red card fail from more sources taking the official rules into account, but it would be in Italian... But i can see your point

I honestly don't care much about Var, there were big mistakes without it, there are less, but still big mistakes with it... So whatever