Football discussion thread

RysPicz

2 minutes ago, Jordzi said:

I think Lopetegui would have kept his job if he had been honest about it. The way this whole thing was done is extremely snakey and that’s why the Spanish FA felt insulted. Instead of going straight to them and telling them that he’d accepted a job from Real, he waited until 5 minutes before the press release. And **** Real Madrid and Florentino for putting Lopetegui in that position in the first place. Just wait until after the tournament FFS. 

I am so upset, because I do think it torpedos Spain’s hopes of a WC that they genuinely had an amazing shot at winning, but in principle it’s the right thing to do (morally anyway). They only offered him a new contract two weeks ago, the least he could do was be honest with the FA. 

I am so dreading Friday =[. 

Oh I didn't realise that was the situation haha, that's interesting. In which case, you can't help but feel sorry for the Spanish FA and players really. What a shame 

My pick is between France or Germany. Despites the great selecton and form of Neymar I dont see Brazil winning it, or even reach finals.

Which country do you guys think will be the surprise of the tournament?

Edited by Quint
12 minutes ago, Quint said:

My pick is between France or Germany. Despites the great selecton and form of Neymar I dont see Brazil winning it, or even reach finals.

Which country do you guys think will be the surprise of the tournament?

I want to see Belgium do well honestly because their team on paper is easily one of the best in the world right now

15 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

I want to see Belgium do well honestly because their team on paper is easily one of the best in the world right now

True that hopefully they do better than two years ago were they got beaten by Wales in the quarter finals, they looked good on paper too back then. Im from the Netherlands (rip our WC), but im planning on watching every match after the group stage in Belgium. Im a traitor.

1 hour ago, Bearminator said:

Go Poland.

A bear Can hope

If this would be world cup in drinking, even though it's in Russia, yeah- we could win because we have Peszko.

I'll be happy if they get out from the group

Edited by RysPicz

5-0 congrats to all the Russian people,and thank you for punishing these hypocrites,also my predictions :

for today's games : egypt 1-1 uruguay (if salah plays)

morocco 3 - 0 iran (ez game)

portugal 0-2 spain 

for this world cup :

1)France

2)Spain

3)Germany

4)Belgium or Brazil

Germany such a let down, mexico is the suprise to me so far.

As a belgian i remember them playing 3-3 in november 2017 against Belgium.
And yes Belgium ranked 3rd on the FIFA ranking is a strong team.
Really nice team mexico has.