Football discussion thread

RysPicz

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Tranzmaster said:

Icardi not in the world cup is nothing when they have higuain, messi, aguero and dybala

Nainggolan isn't in the world cup in favor of fucking Fellaini and Witsel

Explain that type of karma

ggwp coach

Nah man Higuain is fucking slow and shiet,he'll surely miss a clear shot like he did last year in the final,Icardi would be the wise choice,he scored 29 goals and he's the top scorer with Immobile,Higuain has only scored 16.as for Nainggolan yeah he was a beast in the UCL and Martinez choice is weird especially when Fellaini is in the squad,but lets be honest he showed that he can be very inconsistent in big events such as Roma against Juventus which he was terrible,but considering his achievement in the UCL he should've been in the trip to Russia,it such a shame that he retired from national duty because of this though.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Bearminator said:

What are your typings on World Cup Guys?

Also lmao at spain. Wonder how it will goes,  very risky move

I think Brazil or France will win honestly. I'm leaning towards France 1st, Brazil 2nd, Germany 3rd and Argentina 4th. I'd be satisfied if England made the quarter finals based on our track record

Regarding Spain, they're lucky they're in such a forgiving group 

5 hours ago, Zymogen said:

Mfw Spain sacked Lopetegui out of spite because he’s signing for Real after the WC lmao, idiots

I think Lopetegui would have kept his job if he had been honest about it. The way this whole thing was done is extremely snakey and that’s why the Spanish FA felt insulted. Instead of going straight to them and telling them that he’d accepted a job from Real, he waited until 5 minutes before the press release. And **** Real Madrid and Florentino for putting Lopetegui in that position in the first place. Just wait until after the tournament FFS. 

I am so upset, because I do think it torpedos Spain’s hopes of a WC that they genuinely had an amazing shot at winning, but in principle it’s the right thing to do (morally anyway). They only offered him a new contract two weeks ago, the least he could do was be honest with the FA. On top of that the head of the FA has literally said he wants to clear out corruption and have things straightforward, so if they let Lopetegui manage this tournament it would be a blatant disregard of their own policies. But they still could have, for the good of Spain.

I am so dreading Friday =[. 

Edited by Jordzi