Football discussion thread

RysPicz

48 minutes ago, Tranzmaster said:

you mean how Willian was shit and Hazard sealed the deal in under 30 mins

no bias ofc

Nah, I mean how David Luiz should have been sent off, Moses dived for the pen, ref denied us a stonewall pen and Chelsea had over 5x the fouls and less cards

No ref bias ofc

59 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

fls fkin bad man

Chelshit got battered and literally scored on every shot they had

Set pieces are our weakness. It's all too often that we throw away games that we've dominated through our inability to mark and close down on the edge of the box; today being a prime example. As soon as Chelsea got their first corner I could see them scoring and, lo and behold, they did. Typical Spurs. Given every chance in the world, yet we couldn't capitalise.

You could also argue that Alonso should have had a second yellow too, ref was veeery lenient with him early on

Just now, Zymogen said:

Set pieces are our weakness. It's all too often that we throw away games that we've dominated through our inability to mark and close down on the edge of the box; today being a prime example. As soon as Chelsea got their first corner I could see them scoring and, lo and behold, they did. Typical Spurs. Given every chance in the world, yet we couldn't capitalise.

You could also argue that Alonso should have had a second yellow too, ref was veeery lenient with him early on

so tru

19 hours ago, Zymogen said:

That sound just like Dortmund, so I feel you

Just now, BadBones said:

Actually Borussia Dortmund is pretty good with defending set-pieces, they're weakness are the aerial duels though.

well I meant more this part "It's all too often that we throw away games that we've dominated through our inability to mark and close down on the edge of the box". Like aubameyang and dembele need 1231937892347 chances to score a single goal most of the time

2 minutes ago, Arimanius said:

well I meant more this part "It's all too often that we throw away games that we've dominated through our inability to mark and close down on the edge of the box". Like aubameyang and dembele need 1231937892347 chances to score a single goal most of the time

Oh alright. My bad xD but yeah true, I remember the game against Benfica at Estádio da Luz where you guys dominated the game but ended up losing the game.

4 hours ago, BadBones said:

Oh alright. My bad xD but yeah true, I remember the game against Benfica at Estádio da Luz where you guys dominated the game but ended up losing the game.

totally that was one where that could be seen, like aubameyang missed 4 clear opportunities in front of goal and missed a penalty too, it was disgusting.

Also what a great match between Real Madrid and Barcelona, it's been a while since a match between them was this exciting. Also I don't think Sergio Ramos should have been sent out, it was a yellow card imo, but I do think Casemiro ONCE AGAIN deserved the second yellow card at least two times so that's fucking shit from the referee. And I think Marcelo should have fouled Sergi Roberto in order to stop him from creating that last chance that gave Barcelona the victory, he lacked decision there. But it was a really exciting match

1 hour ago, Arimanius said:

totally that was one where that could be seen, like aubameyang missed 4 clear opportunities in front of goal and missed a penalty too, it was disgusting.

Also what a great match between Real Madrid and Barcelona, it's been a while since a match between them was this exciting. Also I don't think Sergio Ramos should have been sent out, it was a yellow card imo, but I do think Casemiro ONCE AGAIN deserved the second yellow card at least two times so that's fucking shit from the referee. And I think Marcelo should have fouled Sergi Roberto in order to stop him from creating that last chance that gave Barcelona the victory, he lacked decision there. But it was a really exciting match

Real got a little unlucky this game but Messi played amazingly. Suarez hasn't scored yet though. 

I do think Ramos deserved the card. 2 legs attack (dunno if other languages got a name for this but we call it "sledges") should be a direct red card, this is attack on legs and not ball. I agree with Casemiro though, this guy escapes the red card again. On the other hand Real imo deserved a penalty after Umtiti's tackle on Ronaldo at the beggining.

The match was pretty even tbh but Barcelona had Messi this night (and MATS who also played really well despite letting 2 goals in).

e: Let's not forget Marcelo's elbow in Messi's face in 20' cuz this one was another red card imo. I think I saw Messi spitting blood after this 

Edited by RysPicz

Yeah atletico was literally shit last night and well Cristiano, not playing well as always, is still a marksman, what he has he scores it (Not like some guy there which name starts with an A and end with a G) so good shit from him.