[Denied]Change Type of False Swipe

Anyway, aside from "It would be easier", could you provide any information as to why you feel this change would benefit the game as a whole?

You find a shiny gastly

You have only one pokeball

You don't want to make a risky move

You use false swipe with some weird move type.

Awesome shiny gastly is yours.

Anyways i don't like that idea, it's making the game less like the original fire red. 

You find a shiny gastly

Anyways i don't like that idea, it's making the game less like the original fire red. 

That isn't really a benefit to the game though, that just benefits the player - and also might have an effect on the value of particular shinies/the above types.

I doubt a hugely noticeable one, but encouraging players to bring a team with them that is capable of dealing with the foes of that area can be considered a good thing.

False Swipe is already a rather useful move, I don't see any need for it to recieve a 'buff' to its utility.

Edit:  And as Munya has stated above:

It is able to be used on these types via Odor Sleuth.

I can't think of any ideas that are completely separate from the game becoming easy, but many good things stem from the game being easier:  More people sticking with the game after beating the Elite Four, more people sticking with the game could lead to even more people knowing about the game, and all those extra people could help speed along the progress of the game.  Also, since I forgot about curse being a ghost type move, just assume I said what type curse used to be.

Odor sleuth can't be learned by Parasect (which is the Pokemon I was using when I came up with this idea), therefore it's risky to use a couple turns changing pokemon and using it

(And this is completely unrelated, but for some reason I'm not able to quote anything anymore.  So sorry for not directly responding to you all.)

You find a shiny gastly

And then gastly uses curse and kills itself.

Additionally, if we change false swipe's type, there will be complaints of people's catcher smeargles to have lost their stab.

There are a few problems with this change, most noticeable being that it's extremely non-canon and serves no purpose aside from convenience. With that said though, many would find it more of an inconvenience. With the sole exception of high level Onixes (and later on Lairons), every wild Pokemon can be OHKOd or 2HKOd by a +atk Breloom's False Swipe. Anything that can't be hit at all (ghosts) can usually simply be caught after a Spore (since it's a rather large catch rate modifier). If it's deemed necessary to False Swipe a ghost for some reason, using a Smeargle with Odor Sleuth, False Swipe and Spore is recommendable.

Changing the type of False Swipe would take a lot away from Smeargle's utility and would be complained about far more than the inability to hurt ghosts without Odor Sleuth. A lv100 Breloom has up to 394 attack, and Smeargle a measly 152. (Parasect has 317.) Since even Breloom fails to bring some Pokemon down to 1HP, Smeargle isn't exactly reliable. To make up for its poor attack however, Smeargle gets STAB, effectively making False Swipe a 60BP move. This makes it at least usable against higher level Pokemon. To take away its STAB by making False Swipe typeless is a pretty huge nerf. Let's say that you want to catch a lv52 Marowak.

Silk Scarf Smeargle False Swipe vs. Marowak: 49-58 (35 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO - This is what you can do to it now.

Smeargle False Swipe (no type) vs. Marowak: 30-36 (21.4 - 25.7%) -- 0.7% chance to 4HKO - What you would do to it after the change.

As you can see, the difference is night and day. Smeargle really needs its STAB and Silk Scarf to hurt things. Even then, it can't hurt much. For this reason, obtaining a Spore/False Swipe Breloom is worthwhile (since it will hit harder than your Parasect). What you're suggesting for the sake of making things easier in fact makes things more difficult for Smeargle users. Being the most widely used False Swiper due to its all-around utility, this type change is a huge blow to it.

Edited by RacheLucario