Colourful Speech Bubbles

Purzzle

Question

9 answers to this question

Considering that the majority of players talk through channel/global/whisper, not many people would be able to see your speech bubble. Regardless, it's a pretty fun idea.

I am going to agree with Zehkar here, why is it necessary to colour up the chat when you just look at the text box? That would be like me making a belt that goes around your stomach while covering it with your shirt... The belt is consealed in the shirt so why bother about the style, same thing here... Why do the speech bubble colour thing when we just look at the text box 90% of the time.... But, I am going to also say this, that it is a good idea, but it just won't be as efficient (like I said, why would players need it?).

I am going to agree with Zehkar here, why is it necessary to colour up the chat when you just look at the text box? That would be like me making a belt that goes around your stomach while covering it with your shirt... The belt is consealed in the shirt so why bother about the style, same thing here... Why do the speech bubble colour thing when we just look at the text box 90% of the time.... But, I am going to also say this, that it is a good idea, but it just won't be as efficient (like I said, why would players need it?).

Leave the bad analogies to Senile...

I agree that the idea is pointless, it would just simply look bad on screen.

Considering that the majority of players talk through channel/global/whisper, not many people would be able to see your speech bubble. Regardless, it's a pretty fun idea.

Probably, but I think the speech bubbles are a nice feature which fits this MMO. Following your reasoning it seems like there are two options: Remove speech bubbles or making them more attractive.
I too mostly use the chat window - but when I see a bubble pop up near me I have to see what's written in it. :)

Considering the suggestion... like, will people be able to alter the colour as they please or mandatory?

At first the colours should be derived from the chat (like orange for shouts and blue for global).