Growth working with 5th gen mechanics

Quakkz

Question

I would like to suggest to implement the 5th gen mechanic for growth (doubling the effect in the sun). maybe some comp players could give their feedback too, as im not too sure which impact it would have on the meta ( but i think making a move more useful isnt a bad thing at all ), seeing some sunnyday sets after gen 5 made me believe that it was actually a good change, so i would like to hear some oppinions :)

it also increases the atk in 5th gen, but i primarly thought about the thing above

7 answers to this question

would growth also work with rain? 

no, obviously not. the mechanic he's suggesting is for the sun. i also don't think this will happen, like most of the "implement X from gen 4/5/6" it lacks a compelling argument as to why growth mechanics would be somehow good for the metagame.

no, obviously not. the mechanic he's suggesting is for the sun. i also don't think this will happen, like most of the "implement X from gen 4/5/6" it lacks a compelling argument as to why growth mechanics would be somehow good for the metagame.

I don't think it stopped the devs from adding other gen 6 mechanics like thunder wave vs volt absorb, giga drain buff, will o wisp accuracy, toxic accuracy, sandstorm mechanics, burn+facade, and probably others I'm forgetting, that weren't really beneficial for the metagame but just implemented anyways

I don't think it stopped the devs from adding other gen 6 mechanics like thunder wave vs volt absorb, giga drain buff, will o wisp accuracy, toxic accuracy, sandstorm mechanics, burn+facade, and probably others I'm forgetting, that weren't really beneficial for the metagame but just implemented anyways

Not true.

Thunder Wave vs Volt Absorb was added for convenience in the AI; It was a change which had to be implemented eventually, was fairly simple to add, and meant that having it added would mean they wouldn't have to trudge back through AI to add interaction with it once it's added.

Giga Drain buff existed due to the lack of good grass moves in gen 3, so buffing Giga Drain meant a decent one was available. The fact that HP Grass can be seriously considered as a viable main STAB for grass types shows how lacking they are.

Will-O-Wisp and Toxic accuracy buffs mean less variance/hax, more consistency, increasing competitiveness.

Perma-weather mechanics, just changed because perma-weather is pants on head retarded and broken. Not so much for Sandstorm, but obviously if Drizzle/Drought will be adjusted, Sand Stream must as well.

Burn-Facade is just something that buffs a not too viable move, and is also a convenience thing like the Volt Absorb change.

Just because there isn't a written out explanation for every change doesn't mean there isn't a reason.