DrCraig has sent his bounty hunters.... ;-;

Grampaaa

I once ordered a sig from DrCraig. We came to a pretty fair deal...300k, delivered in three payments, and he'd give me all the bells and whistles. Animated text, self-rendering, bizarre colors, you name it. I gave him 100k up front to let him know I was good for the whole payment, and he began work on my masterpiece.

After about a week, he had finished the Sig. It was marvelous. The problem was, I had blown every last penny I had on mystery boxes. I told him I could easily get the money, and that it'd just take me another day or two so I could scrape down all my alts. Well, days turned into weeks. My mystery box addiction was controlling my life at this point. Nearly every day, I got a whisper from the doc himself, inquiring politely about my funds. I'd come up with a different excuse every time...in fact, I'm actually rather proud of some of them. He'd always just reply the same way, though, regardless of how well crafted my excuse was.

Dr: Gun, how's that money coming along? Still owe 200k, you know?
Me: Haha yeah man I know. I actually almost have it all, I just need to sell a couple more UTs
Dr: :  )

:  )

Once, but just once, his tone changed. I told him that I had all the money caught up in a ponzi scheme, but that justice would be doled out swiftly, and then I'd pay him. He lashed out at me. He told me I'd regret ever fucking with someone like him. I was a little taken aback, but I expected this sooner or later. 200k is nothing to mess around with. So I asked him for one more week. Seven days of hard work, and I'd finally settle this debt. He obliged, but not without sending me one more daunting :  ).

This time, I thought, I need to take this seriously. I'll lay off the box, make 200k, and pay him off. Well, easier said than done. I didn't hear from Dr again for 13 long days, all of which I spent burnt out on lava cookies and elixirs. Maybe he's just forgotten about it, I thought to myself, though I never really believed that for a second.

But then came The Tuesday.

I was combing the grass on I6, looking for something to hold me over for a few minutes, when I heard the *ding* of a whisper. Eyes nervously darting to my chat box, I noticed it was from the Dr. immediately.

Hey Gun. How's Miranda doing today?

It took a second to settle in. Miranda? Wait, how does he know my sister's name? I laughed and shook my head. It's just a game, I thought, sweat forming on my brow. He couldn't possibly know my real identity, let alone my sisters. Just for peace of mind, I figured I should probably go ahead and give her a call. She'd certainly laugh at me for getting into this situation in the first place, but at least I'd know she was safe. I flipped through my phonebook till I found her entry, and dialed her up.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Hey, it's Miranda, go ahead and leave a mess...

No. She's....maybe she's at a friends? I'll try my home phone. I thought. But before I could, I was interrupted by a sharp vibration in my hand. The Caller ID read "Mom." Heart racing, I swiped to answer, but I knew what was coming. Turns out, my sister had been in a car accident just minutes before. She was ran off the highway by a jet black Escalade. Through her sobs, I thought I heard my mom mention something about a smiley emblem on the side of the Escalade, and that the driver of the other car was never found. Miranda, though....she didn't make it.

The phone slid out of my hand as the reality of the situation washed over me. I didn't know whether to scream, cry, or both. The world started to spin out of control around me as I tried to get a grasp on what was happening. But then suddenly, I heard a sound. Snapping me out of my daze, the *ding* was coming from my laptop. Aimlessly, I ambled over to my desk. There it was, right in the chatbox, staring me right in the face. A message from DrCraig.

TL;DR - Pay this man. Pay this man right now. And never underestimate what he is capable of.

Best thing I've read on here since crab's application to HUGZ

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.