Team Chat Alerting Noise

magorax

Question

Suggestion

[spoiler] So the the title says it pretty much all. Similar to a pm noise, but seperately for team chat, just to give a little notification. I would suggest that it's in a different pitch, maybe a lower one so the user can easily identify between the two. If people don't like the idea, then they can just turn it off in settings, leaving it like it is now.  [/spoiler]

Reasoning

[spoiler] I am tired of having to scan chat to see if I missed a teammates message in team chat, and I'm sure others can relate.

It's not a HUGE priority (gib Hoenn), but it's a just bit of a hassel [/spoiler]

Pros

[spoiler] -Makes the players life easier

-Allows instant notification to a team message

-Better communication [/spoiler]

Cons

[spoiler] I don't see any, as the player will have the ability to just turn it's volume off, and continue the way like it is now. [/spoiler]

I checked, but I am sorry if it's been suggested before, or if I suggested in the wrong spot, please move it over.

Ty for your time &

Thought and Opinions?

7 answers to this question

Make it separate from the whisper notification, PoAu has a very active teamchat and I don't want notifications at every message. I also still want the notification when I get whispers though.

That is what I am suggesting, they will be different, and if you are concerned about your team messages in perticular, then you will have the ability to just turn off team notification volume.

EDIT* I made my post more clear now

what's the point of implementing something that'll only benefit a few players because most players would end up turning off the noise because they're in an active team. if the person talking to you really needed to talk to you you could use whispers

what's the point of implementing something that'll only benefit a few players because most players would end up turning off the noise because they're in an active team. if the person talking to you really needed to talk to you you could use whispers

Thats your personal opinion, and experience on the situation, which may very well end up being correct, but I just want to hear moar from others to see.

From my point of view it will be useful, but I'm not in a big team like PoAu, and I feel the option to turn it on or off should make things fine. You happen to be in a big team which is why maybe you wouldn't like it, but there is plenty of other teams that don't have 40+ members. There is even time where I am getting lots and lots of PM's, and the noise doesn't bother me, in fact I find it useful to make sure I get each message the different people are sending me. I see how this can maybe be a lil more extreme version of that, so lets hear what other people say.

maybe have options where we can choose which to have sounds for (my team kinda chats a lot)

I already included that in my OP Edited by XelaKebert
Please don't double post

Thats your personal opinion, and experience on the situation, which may very well end up being correct, but I just want to hear moar from others to see.

From my point of view it will be useful, but I'm not in a big team like PoAu, and I feel the option to turn it on or off should make things fine. You happen to be in a big team which is why maybe you wouldn't like it, but there is plenty of other teams that don't have 40+ members. There is even time where I am getting lots and lots of PM's, and the noise doesn't bother me, in fact I find it useful to make sure I get each message the different people are sending me. I see how this can maybe be a lil more extreme version of that, so lets hear what other people say.

I already included that in my OP

I don't see how this will benefit the community rather than annoying them. Not to mention that almost 80% of the community doesn't use ingame sounds, so as herp stated, this feature will become rather irritating for crowded teams... As far as developement goes, why add an extra feature that will be barely used, it will be only effort consuming....

You might enjoy the incoming sound of messeages and such, but not all players share the same excitement as you do whenever the "bling" sound comes up...