A safe!

siarachan

Question

To piggyback of siarachan's suggestion..  
Maplestory has a Bank Safe where you can put items in... This saves people the hassle of doing transfers from one's main to their alt
people either use two laptops or need to trust someone and ask them for their time to do a transfer
i spent like an hour to transfer over 100 breed pokes jus to clear up box space

yes this can be very helpful :)

Yes, a safe.

That way if someone hacks your account, they won't get your most valuable stuff.

You can put your shinies, best breeders, stash of money etc. in there in case of a break-in.

I see people who get their account compromised and they quit forever. This would help mitigate that problem.

I already have a safe, all you have to do is make another pokemmo account and then log in on a *different* computer and there you have it... I store comps, shinies, and money there so that way I won't have this happen to me... one problem with this is what happens if one computer busts? (I have 2 computers)

haha, very funny, I am sure you are referencing to the pun in my name Bestfriends right? But, who says that friends are trustworthy?

If you dont even know if you can trust your friends can you even call them friends? But this isnt for this thread so lets stop kay?

Even if you trust somebody you are running a risk, I learned this years and years and years ago.   Also Bestfriends, not everybody is fortunate enough to have multiple pc's to use at all times.

Sure, but, you can always borrow a PC from your grandma's house and use that and your labtop at the same time... (I am sure that there are computers in a lot of households) even a 2000s computer would work on doing the job...

Sure, but, you can always borrow a PC from your grandma's house and use that and your labtop at the same time... (I am sure that there are computers in a lot of households) even a 2000s computer would work on doing the job...

There is only one pc where I am at, and I have no laptop.  Please consider people who don't have these options available.

There is only one pc where I am at, and I have no laptop.  Please consider people who don't have these options available.

sure, I understand, hear me out for a minute, you are fortinate to have a friend like Fera that you can exchange goods with. I am sure that there is cheap good quality laptops...

None of my grand mothers have a pc or know how to run one lol , also I have 1 pc 1 laptop , pc for gaming other is for college/work

(can't take chances of installing video games on it , don't wanna risk loosing all my school stuff, apps ,work  or slow it down for example like a small virus or anything) .

Plus some people don't trust roms ( few reasons why I have some friends who don't wanna play this game ) .

And no I shall not spend a extra 200+$ for another laptop ' so I can transfer my pokeMMO stuff ' .

1- Unless you give someone your password, no one can access your account...
1-5- if you believe in the 1% of chance that you might get hacked, use an on-screen keyboard to evade keylogger

2- you do have a safe, it can be opened by pressing B

yes, but I have bought these two laptops for ~$30-40 bucks each. They still work and they are affordable for my budget.

i don't see how your budget being able to afford 30-40 bucks or having multiple laptops somewhat help out with this situation, not everyone will/have to buy laptops in order to make trades between alts... No game requires multiple computers in order to help out gameplay...

That being said, most people either ask their friends or ingame staff to move around items from alts and such. 

The most efficent way a safe will be usefull is to store money, which you can already do...
I'm sorry to crush your dreams but, this idea has no valid purpose.

how about something like a safety lock in a MMO i play there is a  safety lock which prevents trading/using mail/using auction house/messing with gear/etc. and how it works is when you first log on the default  time frame for it is 3 minutes however that can be changed to 1 minute all the way to 99 minutes and when it expires everything unlocks, ontop of that you can add a password to where you cant access anything like a mailbox/auction house/bank without using the password also you can have it temporarily off for about 30 seconds before it locks again (only happens if you try browsing something like auction house) or you can manually deactivate it from the safety lock menu but if you do the latter it is deactivated during your play session but if something like this was implemented a lot of people would feel a lot safer if they are worried about this and if you are not worried you dont have to use it but you still keep the minimum minute of the safety lock. however if you have the time limit still going you can use the password to get into your bank/auction house and mail you just cant trade or trash things

how about something like a safety lock in a MMO i play there is a  safety lock which prevents trading/using mail/using auction house/messing with gear/etc. and how it works is when you first log on the default  time frame for it is 3 minutes however that can be changed to 1 minute all the way to 99 minutes and when it expires everything unlocks, ontop of that you can add a password to where you cant access anything like a mailbox/auction house/bank without using the password also you can have it temporarily off for about 30 seconds before it locks again (only happens if you try browsing something like auction house) or you can manually deactivate it from the safety lock menu but if you do the latter it is deactivated during your play session but if something like this was implemented a lot of people would feel a lot safer if they are worried about this and if you are not worried you dont have to use it but you still keep the minimum minute of the safety lock. however if you have the time limit still going you can use the password to get into your bank/auction house and mail you just cant trade or trash things

That would not really be a good idea,

1. One day you are too busy with school work and such, how would I remember my combo?

2. With the lock and combo active, what would happen if you were in a rush and need pokedollars fast? Then, you would not rationalize quick enough to get in your password and therefore you are on this cooldown (more frustration) rather then if you have an alt hold this for you, it would be quicker to access these pokedollars....

3. What happens if you have done a lot of term exams in your courses in College and your get really fatigued to the point where you don't want to remember any more passwords then normal... (I know someone who is like this)

4. With a code activation service, you would only want your username and password on the server do that, you don't want to be burdened with this sort of tactic

However, I am done being devil's advocate, now I will be the angel's advocate now...

1. It sounds like a good security measure that could make hackers discouraged to mess with your account

2. You are on the right track there sir, and we kinda have safes already in the game (alts can be used as safes)

3. You seem to have a good method of storing things in one primary account

Well, I will let you construct your opinion based on these statements here that I just listed, feel free to complement or criticise my points. I love to hear differing opinions...

That would not really be a good idea,

1. One day you are too busy with school work and such, how would I remember my combo?

2. With the lock and combo active, what would happen if you were in a rush and need pokedollars fast? Then, you would not rationalize quick enough to get in your password and therefore you are on this cooldown (more frustration) rather then if you have an alt hold this for you, it would be quicker to access these pokedollars....

3. What happens if you have done a lot of term exams in your courses in College and your get really fatigued to the point where you don't want to remember any more passwords then normal... (I know someone who is like this)

4. With a code activation service, you would only want your username and password on the server do that, you don't want to be burdened with this sort of tactic

However, I am done being devil's advocate, now I will be the angel's advocate now...

1. It sounds like a good security measure that could make hackers discouraged to mess with your account

2. You are on the right track there sir, and we kinda have safes already in the game (alts can be used as safes)

3. You seem to have a good method of storing things in one primary account

Well, I will let you construct your opinion based on these statements here that I just listed, feel free to complement or criticise my points. I love to hear differing opinions...

as i stated before you dont have to have a password active on it that is clearly optional and is only giving tools in which players can use to their discretion and if you were in a rush by inputting your password it would be unlocked allowing certain features able to occur either temporarily or turning it off depending on how it is set up such as if you saw a deal you just had to have and the safety lock is active you can trade the person the safety lock comes up wanting password input that then you have about 30 seconds to do what you need.

but again you can give players tools to use whether they use them is another matter and im even sure that if it was implemented it can be turned off completely to say 0 minutes if you so wished. i also should state in the other game making changes to the timer takes 3 days to change while the password (incase you forget) is 7 day timer . i will admit alt accounts can be used as safes however if you're like me who cant remember a lot of different accounts you may lose it also i hate games that force you to have a normal password and a secondary password cause sometimes i input it wrong and then i tend to forget.

however i am wondering how you would improve the idea.