[Denied] User Created Channels

I've seen many people suggest / request the systems source code to create private servers and such to play with friends.

But of course that isn't going to happen, so I have a suggestion that pleases those people and no source code released publicly. This keeping us all happy.

User Created Channels

This could be a button or entirely command based, simply;

d39eeea21c43f3fbdd43c4894b36c7f4.png

/createchan is the command to create a channel
planetultra is the channel name
PASSWORD is the channel password

Want to join your friends private channel?

/joinchan Examplename Examplepassword

47eced22fa4c7e0d46f740f91b1cb8da.png

Or this could handled with buttons and UI elements.

This suggestion allows people to play with friends privately and the devs keep all the source code. It's a win-win situation.

Has already been suggested thousands of times. It's already been suggested today.

I've seen private server suggestions but never user created channels. If this has been suggested many times like you stated, the staff may delete this topic when they see fit.

Here I was going to be snarky and link a bunch of threads suggesting this idea, but I suppose no one has actually written a thread for it.

Welp, in that case, I like the idea and it would make guilds feel a little more legitimate.

I don't think there is a valid reason why this should not be supported.

The one thing I want to see is have the creators of channel be able to set them to invite only, whitelist only, or public. This would allow for the larger community based stuff to exist as well as the smaller subgroups that Desu mentioned. This way everyone wins.

Edited by Tokxilchaosz

The only thing I could say about it is, what if people abuse bugs, glitches, run macro software, afk at the little arrows people use to get happiness up at. It would be between hard and impossible for the staff to keep people playing by the rules on these. But as long as a channel owner can kick, ban, mute people on their channel it would probably be fine. Oh, and changing the password.

And I hate to mention that because I think private channels would be the greatest thing ever.

I honestly don't see the need when the Guild system will be in place soon enough. The games which I've played with custom channels seem to show that the effort is all for naught; Players will either use /guild, /whisper, or an external service such as TeamSpeak/Vent/Mumble/MSN/etc. for their private conversations.

I honestly don't see the need when the Guild system will be in place soon enough. The games which I've played with custom channels seem to show that the effort is all for naught; Players will either use /guild, /whisper, or an external service such as TeamSpeak/Vent/Mumble/MSN/etc. for their private conversations.

Channel 2 is basically a bunch of friends and most of us know other. However we are not all in the same guild.

This suggestion allows people to play with friends privately and the devs keep all the source code. It's a win-win situation.

In addition to this, make 2 checkbox options (on by default);

[X] Show blocked players in the main window

[X] Show players not present in NOT muted channels

Unchecking both will mean you only see the people you want to play with as if you're the only ones on the server.