Design a Town Contest [Aug 31-Sept 28]

Introducing Cloubon Grove of the Genso Region!

"A town hidden in the depths of the forest, it is little more than a small clearing, with many of the buildings in the shadow of trees. Although mostly shaded, this section of the forest is known to get a little stuffy in summer. Cloubon Grove is blessedly quiet, has a pond and its inhabitants are friendly. It’s the perfect rest stop for new trainers who have battled hard through the forest."

Once I read the description of Cloubon Grove, I wanted to design it almost immediately! This picture would be what the town looks like during the middle of summer- sometime in the afternoon, with a slight breeze blowing through the forest, as well as water and bug Pokemon in full swing. Temperatures range anywhere from 27 degrees Celsius to almost 38 on the hottest days. The air has been said to be of the freshest quality Genso has to offer. Around 7 p.m., just before sunset, the sun casts magnificent shadows across the trees that blanket the town in a pale darkness. Many of the folks who live in Cloubon Grove enjoy activities such as swimming, bug hunting, battling one another, and fishing. Although the town's official border is marked to the South where the forest gives way to the clearing, much of the land around the entrance is unsettled and home to a variety of different Pokemon. This isn't to say that Pokemon can't be found near the settlements themselves, however; many of the wild Pokemon in the area enjoy the company of people. Points of interest within the grove include a Bug-type gym, a Pokemon Center, Item Shoppe/Bed & Breakfast for weary travelers (located next to the P.C.), and a pond for various recreational activities. Overall, Cloubon Grove is a very cozy and nature-oriented town that every trainer has to visit at least once... if not choose to live in forever.

2948f1806d845e2f20e313a256151edf.png

Credit to Deanopiero for the concept of the town and region as a whole.

IGN: RayquazaZero 

Town: Lithain Town of the Genso Region

Art medium: Watercolor Painting 

My thoughts [spoiler] I wanted to stay as truthful to the original idea: geography, surroundings, wetlands, nestled under the shadow of the central mountain range, substantial amount of rain, quiet retreat from outside influence, large place but does not seem busy like other towns, dark/poison type Pokemon, idea of lithium/corrosion, damaged/re-built bridge, quiet simple life, muddy grass welcome, Pokemon Center, PokeMart, Gym, Social Centre etc. 

I used to live in Florida for a year because my parents wanted a quiet life (like for old/retired people or something). Also, the state was humid, had hydric soil, and had aquatic plants almost like the wetlands, and I'd say there were a bunch of spiders out there to relate to dark/poison types D: 

I didn't know exactly what wetlands were so I tried to look for several references such as Google pics, Unova's Moor of Icirrus, Johto's Safari Zone Wetlands, and partly Hoenn's Route 120. Also, my sister has studied wetlands since her major is environmental science so I had advice. 

Deanopiero mentioned that Amaya is the only Gym Leader with a 100% win record so I placed the gym deep into the wetlands unlike most gyms where they're usually within close PokeCenter proximity. 

As for the name of Lithain Town, I wanted the mountainside to look like the color of a lithium battery while also trying to make it look a bit corrosive. 

I think the beginning of this year, I took a college water coloring class. (No artistic improvement since elementary school whatsoever.) [/spoiler] 

IMG_20140927_195854_zps2275b7cf.jpg

The picture isn't as great as the actual artwork because of my camera, so I made a time lapse video for better reference. 

http://youtu.be/d4fuL3auj-g

First off thank you and credit to Deanopiero for the idea for the city :)

Sulium City

vdz2fn.jpg

Labeled Map in Spoiler

[spoiler]1603alz.jpg[/spoiler]

Sulium City is the capital of the Genso region. 

Tourists travel from all around the world to see the vast collection of Shiny Pokemon the Museum, and gym leader have.

The Shiny Pokemon usually roam the museum and courtyard freely, but where there is valuable Pokemon, there is Team Rocket! Team Rocket has taken over the town to steal all the shiny Pokemon.

You must fight your way through the museum overrun by Rocket, through the court yard, into the gym where you save the Gym Leader and the last of the shinies.

Once you run Rocket out of town, the next thing on your list to do, is shop! Sulium Offers the best and biggest department store in the region. At the department store you can find everything. Potions, Vanity items, berries, PP UP, TM's and anything you can imagine.

The Hotel is where all the tourists stay when visiting Sulium. You can meet people here, go to the roof top swimming pool and hang out! A lot of the hotel residents are eager to have some fun battles as well. 

Next to the hotel is the travel agency. The travel agency will help people navigate through the region in various ways. Whether its acquiring a bike, getting a subway ticket, or any other options the region devolops. 

Connected to the Travel agency is the regions biggest subway station! Team Rocket will not give you access to this station until you run them out of town! 

Last but not least is Suliums Bike Shop. This bike shop gives you more customization than any shop in the past! 

Their customization section is vast, including paint, stickers, flags, and even more to add to your bike. Now you can ride in style with your best friends. 

• 3 weeks later...