[Denied] Forum Username Change

Since we can no longer change our Usernames at our own discretion, I think that a thread where we post up Usernames for the Forums that we want to change to would be a good idea.

How would it work?

Just have a Mod create a thread where you can post a name that you would like to change to, and if it was a viable Username, the Moderator would change it.  Of course there would be a waiting period in between times that you could change your name, a month or two perhaps.

What I think makes up a viable Username:

• Not already taken
  • Not a simple spelling change, i.e. CaptainSpectacluar-->CaptainSpectacular is a no no.
  • No blatant profanity
  • Reasonable to the Moderators
  • Follows Forum Rules

The only reason why I see this not working is that it would take a lot of time from someone.  But hey, we no longer can change our Usernames on our own, so I think that it would be only fair if we could have that back, but have it be monitored.

Thanks for your consideration!

i agree this could be really cool :D implement for next update we dont need a mod creating a topic just have a button in game that allows us to change username.

Isn't there already an item in the gift shop that allows you to change your username .

you used to be able to until kei/rei/other names ruined it for everyone. mods said its too hard to keep track of players this way which makes sense. Anyways I support i'd like to alter my username but if implemented there should be a limit(once, max twice) to avoid abuse.

you used to be able to until kei/rei/other names ruined it for everyone. mods said its too hard to keep track of players this way which makes sense. Anyways I support i'd like to alter my username but if implemented there should be a limit(once, max twice) to avoid abuse.

Yeah, that's why I said this:

and if it was a viable Username, the Moderator would change it.  Of course there would be a waiting period in between times that you could change your name, a month or two perhaps.

What I think makes up a viable Username:

• Not already taken
  • Not a simple spelling change, i.e. CaptainSpectacluar-->CaptainSpectacular is a no no.
  • No blatant profanity
  • 1 year later...