[Denied]A /who command to give trainer information

A /who command followed by the trainer name would be a helpful command to see the trainers Elite 4 status, location and channel, number of captured pokemon and number of trainer (player) battles won/loss.

Example:

/who "trainer"

/who chaosjockey

chaosjockey: Channel 2 in Celadon City, Pokedex 54/385, Won: 40 Loss: 8, Elite 4 deafeated X time(s).

It's something I would like to see and would be able to determine the players location for a trade or battle and deciding if I had a chance against them from their win/loss ratio.

• 7 months later...

The problem I have with this is what if people do not want you to find them. It's an interesting idea as I like seeing people's records, but then an idea of a leaderboard would come into mind. 

For those that wouldn't want to be found, the /dnd would most likely be changed to also block it.

For those that wouldn't want to be found, the /dnd would most likely be changed to also block it.

That might be an interesting countermeasure but doesn't /DND do other stuff like block requests and stuff? If DND had toggle features such as turning off/on block records then maybe that be good. I say an option to hide /who info would be a better solution via menu.

That might be an interesting countermeasure but doesn't /DND do other stuff like block requests and stuff? If DND had toggle features such as turning off/on block records then maybe that be good. I say an option to hide /who info would be a better solution via menu.

I still like the concept of a who command but agree that you should be able to hide some/all of that information.  That being said I think that the /dnd command could be effectively changed in the settings menu. I imagine something as follows

There would be a new set of options for /dnd

1. block whispers, and display a message that you may set by /dnd <message> (feature already exists)
  2. block all incoming requests (battle, trade, friends and team. idk if it already does this)
  3. block specators in battle (for tourneys if you wanna keep it secret, staff can get through and a 'whitelist' could exist
  4. disable the ping if your name is said in chat
  5. hide xxx features when pinged by /who

These would all be toggleable in the appropriate settings window.

I also think that the /who command should ping you and show a message in system or normal saying  "player xxxx used /who on you" or the like

Don't think it's good idea because stalking. It would happen, and some people would use it to harass someone. I've seen it happen to other people, i've had it happen to me. It would happen probably regularly, no question about it. Don't really like the win/lose ratio when others can see it. What happens in world of tanks all the time(my friend plays it) is people constantly taunt/talk about win/lose ratio. They obsess over it. I wouldn't want to turn on Pokemon to see something like, "lol 37% win, n00b" spammed chat 24/7.

If it's going to be put in, at least put it somewhere official... like on your trainer card or something. Also a place where only you can see it, not others. You can whisper people if you want to know where they are for trade. You're going to have to whisper them anyway to make a trade.

• 1 month later...

What about a /find command that tells you where people are, such as: /find angrypyro -> "AngryPyro on channel 3, on route 2."

And add an option to settings that disallows the command from giving back a location: "This player cannot/does not want to be found."

lol. no.

First of all, if you want to find out where someone is, you can just ask them. Once you ask them, they will decide if they want you to know or not. Sure, you could make it optional, but if it's on by default, what about people who don't know how to turn it off? It'd be super easy to stalk them, and they wouldn't even know how you're doing it, or that it's a feature. What if you have it off by default? Well, in that case, it's useless. Almost everyone will have it off if you do it like that.

The elite 4 defeated count really is pointless. I've never come across someone wonder how many times they've defeated the elite 4, the only reason I can even see this bothered to be put in is due to the fact it's kept track of in the real games, but even then, that's something I assume is very low priority.

And the biggest issue I have, win/loss ratio. No. No, no, no. All it does is promote elitism, and besides that, it's super easy to fake. Just get your friend to battle you 100 times, bam, you have 100 wins 0 losses. Only 1 win against specific characters? Well, then A: It's not a win/loss ratio, and B: They can just make alts. Not to mention that this discourages battling for fun, as it could adversely affect your almighty "Win/Loss" ratio.

As for the pokedex thing, it's another thing that really isn't important information. Having a command to see someone's pokedex doesn't serve any purpose, since you can just ask the person yourself. It wouldn't take much longer, and if they don't want you to know, they don't have to tell you.

• 3 months later...

From my experience in other games, you guys can make Trainer Card that can show ;
How many badges earned !
Win - lost rate (PvP only / NPC wins not count )
Total amound of money that player currently have (maby)
Current 6 pokemon on that players team (just picture of pokemons not special infos like pokemons LvL or stats )
How long he is playing ingame time (maby starting date too)

And the BEST of that thing is you can just add an option for players like " Show my Trainer Card" or " Hide my Trainer Card" in Trainer Card section for those who dont want to give out info. So noone can Harash / Bully people who is sensitive about it.

i definetly want to see that thing in future!

From my experience in other games, you guys can make Trainer Card that can show ;
How many badges earned !
Win - lost rate (PvP only / NPC wins not count )
Total amound of money that player currently have (maby)
Current 6 pokemon on that players team (just picture of pokemons not special infos like pokemons LvL or stats )
How long he is playing ingame time (maby starting date too)

And the BEST of that thing is you can just add an option for players like " Show my Trainer Card" or " Hide my Trainer Card" in Trainer Card section for those who dont want to give out info. So noone can Harash / Bully people who is sensitive about it.

i definetly want to see that thing in future!

showing 6 actual pokemon is stupid. in tourney /who my opponent. yes you may can switch it off, but im sure there will be ppl who forget about it.

I think some sort of player info wouldn't hurt, but I don't know how I feel about the player location idea. 

/who Uair

Sexy mofo, lvl 12 weedle that can destroy your whole team, Wins: 30248845 Loss: -2 /  Location: behind Xand

but with all srsness i like the idea

+1

A /who command followed by the trainer name would be a helpful command to see the trainers Elite 4 status, location and channel, number of captured pokemon and number of trainer (player) battles won/loss.

Example:

/who "trainer"

/who chaosjockey

chaosjockey: Channel 2 in Celadon City, Pokedex 54/385, Won: 40 Loss: 8, Elite 4 deafeated X time(s).

It's something I would like to see and would be able to determine the players location for a trade or battle and deciding if I had a chance against them from their win/loss ratio.

I think that the Devs are not really into revealing any player information through any kind of player list or even telling us exactly how many people play the game. When I was playing WoW, /who brought up a whole list of people playing with their current location and level, but that is because Blizzard/Activision could give less shits about your privacy than they do about continuity in lore. Just saying, the Devs of this game actually CARE about your privacy :)