[Implemented] Allow Pay Day as a Move Tutor/Egg Move

I'm not one to make suggestions buy why not.  

Right now we can only Pay Day with the Meowth line and Smeargle.  In Gen I, Pay Day was TM 16 and could be taught to several Pokemon:

aGvFq.png

Pay Day is one of the most accessible ways for players to make money in-game, but we have only three Pokemon that can do the job.  It's limiting and boring.

Adding Pay Day back as a TM is always an option, but as we already have a TM 16 it would have to be assigned a different number, but then there is conflict with later Gens, if we ever get there (lol).

A Move Tutor would be a nice, but I personally feel allowing it as an Egg Move on a few select Pokemon would be better.  Players would have a put in a little work to get Pay Day on their Dewgong, Rhydon, or whatever, but it would still be an option.

Some concerns might be that allowing higher base attack Pokemon to Pay Day would make it faster to acquire money.  Pokemon that would make it "too easy" could just be disallowed from getting Pay Day. 

Basically, if we have to Pay Day, please let us use a few different Pokemon.

Regardless I support the op and don't think giving any of those pokemon, except maybe the snorlax payday would break anything just give more options as the things with more attack(except snorlax) wouldn't be getting the stab.  But I may be speaking out my ass I am sure someone will call me dumb nothing new there.

Regardless I support the op and don't think giving any of those pokemon, except maybe the snorlax payday would break anything just give more options as the things with more attack(except snorlax) wouldn't be getting the stab.  But I may be speaking out my ass I am sure someone will call me dumb nothing new there.

Primeape and Snorlax really stand out as Pokemon that would be a little over the top.  Maybe Light Ball Pikachu too.

Keep in mind this is just a Gen I list, and we have up to Gen III.

Pokemon that will have Payday available to them post-update, whether it be through event moves or breeding (through the use of event moves:

Fearow
Rapidash
Delibird

Smeargle
Skitty
Delcatty
Hoppip
Skiploom

and Meowth & Persian respectively.

hmm, are you confirming skitty's introduction with coming update, or just saying in the future when it's implemented, it'll get payday as well?

Pokemon that will have Payday available to them post-update, whether it be through event moves or breeding (through the use of event moves):

Fearow
Rapidash
Delibird

Smeargle
Skitty
Delcatty
Hoppip
Skiploom

and Meowth & Persian respectively.

ily Darkshade

hmm, are you confirming skitty's introduction with coming update, or just saying in the future when it's implemented, it'll get payday as well?

I'm not, every alteration to the movesets of a Pokemon is done so in full.

So it will get PayDay when it is made available - which will most likely be with Hoenn.

ily Darkshade

Hopefully that should be a good enough amount to remove the boredom of staring at the same Pokemon for hours on end.

That said, personally I have no issues with giving the Pokemon listed in your original list PayDay, but would rather it be done so with an actual TM, rather than a workaround.

But that brings up potential consistency issues with which TMs are included. (As Generation II Curse would be a terrible idea.)

Edited by Darkshade

That said, personally I have no issues with giving the Pokemon listed in your original list PayDay, but would rather it be done so with an actual TM, rather than a workaround.

But that brings up potential consistency issues with which TMs are included. (As Generation II Curse would be a terrible idea.)

wasn't the whole making TMs thing a matter of a copyright issue?

wasn't the whole making TMs thing a matter of a copyright issue?

'Custom' TMs are a route we'd like to take, however one of our only problems with doing so is their availability - which something the currently available TMs suffer from also.

The possibility of additional TMs will likely be discussed nearer the time we have reached a decision on how to make them renewable.

Having payday on a poke with higher attack would be just nice.

I mean, we would be able to take dewgong down in one hit (which should be possible even with adamant Persian  31 ivs 252 evs on attack and silk scarf).

Not sure if people would start using it in cerulean cave, i mean, you're supposed to use payday while waiting for an egg to hatch or while leveling up stuff.

Fearow should be just fine though, so bye Persian.

Having payday on a poke with higher attack would be just nice.

I mean, we would be able to take dewgong down in one hit (which should be possible even with adamant Persian  31 ivs 252 evs on attack and silk scarf).

Not sure if people would start using it in cerulean cave, i mean, you're supposed to use payday while waiting for an egg to hatch or while leveling up stuff.

Fearow should be just fine though, so bye Persian.

didnt know there was a specific way to payday o-o

Simply paydaying while not doing anything else at all is kinda wasted.

how is it wasted? you kill mobs you get money grinding with payday when during the end of the day you get say 1mil (number not exact and probably not even close if someone pay dayed all day) I couldnt do it as i would lose interest but not a waste

how is it wasted? you kill mobs you get money grinding with payday when during the end of the day you get say 1mil (number not exact and probably not even close if someone pay dayed all day) I couldnt do it as i would lose interest but not a waste

There are faster ways to get money: Altrunning and breeding.

Paydaying is perfect while waiting for an egg to hatch, it gives you back the money you spent at cinnabar.

(which should be possible even with adamant Persian  31 ivs 252 evs on attack and silk scarf).

No, most Dewgong still survive Max Attack Persians

There are faster ways to get money: Altrunning and breeding.

Paydaying is perfect while waiting for an egg to hatch, it gives you back the money you spent at cinnabar.

Yea it can be faster, but it depends a bit on your lucky to get some good breeds, and also depends if people are going to buy shit or not, since trade seems to be a bit dead these days.

No, most Dewgong still survive Max Attack Persians

Yea it can be faster, but it depends a bit on your lucky to get some good breeds, and also depends if people are going to buy shit or not, since trade seems to be a bit dead these days.

I have to admit breeding is kinda gai, unless you have 5x31 breeders, which makes it easy as hell.

I should try an alt run, some people claim to get 600k without even selling tm's/move tutors.

it takes 15-20 hours, so they said, which is...way less than 60k per hour ( what payday would get me if i were to do it seriously, more or less).

I guess i should reconsider payday, since i only have 4x31's.

I have to admit breeding is kinda gai, unless you have 5x31 breeders, which makes it easy as hell.

I should try an alt run, some people claim to get 600k without even selling tm's/move tutors.

it takes 15-20 hours, so they said, which is...way less than 60k per hour ( what payday would get me if i were to do it seriously, more or less).

I guess i should reconsider payday, since i only have 4x31's.

wait wait wait......it takes 15-20 hours for 1 full alt run for other people? >_> it takes me about 10 - 12 hours to finish the entire story line and then some 

and i also dont use cinnabar island to unlock flags :P

If they are getting 600k, I would like to know how.  My alt run got me barely 250,000, and that's with Persian/Pay Day/Amulet Coin almost the whole way.

NEWAY I foresee a Delcatty in my future with Pay Day, Flash, Strength, and Rock Smash! To back up Rapidash or Fearow, of course!

If they are getting 600k, I would like to know how.  My alt run got me barely 250,000, and that's with Persian/Pay Day/Amulet Coin almost the whole way.

NEWAY I foresee a Delcatty in my future with Pay Day, Flash, Strength, and Rock Smash! To back up Rapidash or Fearow, of course!

Sell the ethers, stat increasing items, all that junk, if you fight all the trainers in the game and get alll the money items youll come out with 650k+, 600k if you buy a ton of repels