[IPS] Moemon Project Revival - R/S/E

In Celebration of the PST Sever being launched,

I finally decided to get up and finish the Emerald patch!

Expect a more updated patch later in the week!

Rejoice again moe fans!

Through the efforts of a whole bunch of artists, Moetal, and myself,

I've converted the Moemon Revival Patch for Fire Red over to Ruby, Sapphire, and, Emerald!

Lets show some of my favorite sprites:

zvquq9.png

Pictured Moemon are not necessarily in the latest patch

Important! If the game shows a white screen when launching the ROM,

this is not at the fault of the patch!

Read the Installation Instructions below to solve the problem.

Original Thread By Moetal:

Moemon Revival Project Fire Red

Downloads (Current Version):

Moemon Revival Ruby 2.0.0: Download

Moemon Revival Emerald 1.1.0: Download

Old Versions:

Spoiler

Ruby:

Moemon Revival Ruby 1.3.1_FIXED: Download

Moemon Revival Ruby 1.3.1: Download
Moemon Revival Ruby 1.2.1: Download
Moemon Revival Ruby 1.0.1: Download
Moemon Revival Ruby 1.0: Download

Emerald:

Moemon Revival Emerald 1.0.0: Download

Change Log:

Spoiler

Ruby:

• 1.0: Initial release
  • 1.0.1: Edited sprite positions, Pokemon are actually on battle pads now. All Flying/ Levitating Pokemon have a shadow, all sprites edited to be standing no longer do, such as Baltoy. Backsprites also raised or lowered to not look terrible in battle.
  • 1.2.1: Changed ROM, should work on all Pokemon Ruby ROMs now
  • 1.3.1: Finished Icons, this version of the patch is now complete
  • 2.0.0: The show must go on! Ruby version of the Fire Red v1.4 patch

Emerald:

• 1.0: Initial Release, Emerald Pokedex added. Anything outside of the 202 Pokemon you can catch in the original game are not yet moe.
  • 1.1.0: All sprites and icons are updated and positioned.  Essentially, this is the 1.3 version of the Fire Red patch, but in Emerald

Known Bugs:

Spoiler
  • Some sprites such as Linoone and Mightyena's second frame is messed up
  • Blazekin and Swampert's sprites are messed up in the Pokedex

Installation:

1. Download Lunar IPS. Or don't.

2. Download a Pokemon Ruby/Emerald ROM

3. Download this patch from the Downloads section.

4. Open up Lunar IPS and click apply patch.

5. Select the ROM and patch, and click OK when it tells you it was successful.

6. Make sure you set the Save Type on your emulator to 128k, or else the game will not start. To do this on VBA, go to Options>Emulator>Save Type>128k

7. Play Pokemon Ruby/Emerald with the ADORABLE new sprites!

Boring Read Me:
This patch is a conversion of the latest version of the Moemon Revival Patch and will continue to be as long as I am on the forums. I may pass it on to anyone that is willing to do so once I inevitably get tired of creating this. Every version I release follows this version patten: conversion edition(1 being the first conversion 2 being the next, etc.).Additions.changes to the file. So the current 1.2.1 patch is the first conversion, with 2 additions, and 1 change. I will only update my patch as a new one from the original thread is released, other then Edits, which are my favorite variations of the current sprites. If asked, I will convert an old version of the original patch (any version before 1.3). But do not post those requests on this forum thread, just message me and I will get right to it.

Credits:
Moetal
Numerous Japanese sprite artists
BakaSchwarz
RacheLucario
McMagister
DiaryProduct
Eggplant
and other spriters and updaters.
(Please let me know if I missed your name)

Try out my ROM Hack! (Serious WIP)
Pokemon Ruby + v1.1D2 alpha: Download

Check out my art!
My Art Page

I'd like to thank you all again for 1,000 downloads in

the first month this patch has been out!

You guys make my lazy efforts to sometimes update this well worth it!

You guys are the best, and I really do appreciate it!

ummm cant you just use the original moemon patch on ruby/sapphire/emerald? or are the pallets to different on those?

Basically, if it was that easy, I wouldn't have made the thread.  Obvious answer is obvious.

The short answer to both of those questions is no.

The long answer is:  No, because the coding for R/S is different than the coding of FR/LG.  And the Emerald coding is different from both of those.  Trust me, if the FR patch worked on R/S/E, I would not have gone through the effort exporting and reinserting 411 sprites for the hell of it.  If you are really dying for proof that the code is different for each, FR and LG run on BPRE (BPR being the code and E being English, the language) and R/S run on AXVE (AXV = code, E = English) and Emerald runs on something different from both of those.  What happens when you try to use the FR patch on a Ruby game, is that you will have a lot of crashing and sadness.  Oh and all the sprites will be very messed up.

Hope that cleared it up for you :)

Basically, if it was that easy, I wouldn't have made the thread.  Obvious answer is obvious.

The short answer to both of those questions is no.

The long answer is:  No, because the coding for R/S is different than the coding of FR/LG.  And the Emerald coding is different from both of those.  Trust me, if the FR patch worked on R/S/E, I would not have gone through the effort exporting and reinserting 411 sprites for the hell of it.  If you are really dying for proof that the code is different for each, FR and LG run on BPRE (BPR being the code and E being English, the language) and R/S run on AXVE (AXV = code, E = English) and Emerald runs on something different from both of those.  What happens when you try to use the FR patch on a Ruby game, is that you will have a lot of crashing and sadness.  Oh and all the sprites will be very messed up.

Hope that cleared it up for you :)

lol dont need the code as i dont know much about the technical side .-. all i ever did on my fire red rom was give my pokemon abilities/new grassy areas/altered altering cave (not the rom i use for Pokemmo though i did 1 time .-. and all my charmanders abilities changed to drought) lol never did the spriting side .-.

This appears to break Ruby roms

How so?

@Asakano

Alright, so this could be (and probably is) a problem with your emulator.

I say this because it runs fine on mine, I just tested the patch and it's ok.  The reason yours is just a white screen (that is what I am assuming is the problem) is because your emulator's save type is 64k, not 128k.

Now, I have no idea why this results in a white screen, but it does.  All you have to do is go into Options>Emulator>Save Type>128k, then reload the ROM, it should work fine.

That's very odd. It works for me, as long as it is put onto a fresh Pokemon Ruby (USA) ROM... I'll continue to look into it. The problem is that I have no idea what the problem could be. Maybe you should try the 1.0 Patch to see if that loads at all. If not, I'll reinsert all of the sprites and post that for testing...

Actually it was a guy named Moegar, but thats okay i understand your lack of this knowledge I notice a lot of similarities in the two.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/11707-ips-moemon-patch-moegar-feb-2013-version/

Moetal was the person who made the variation of the patch that I converted. Therefore it is his version that I am using. :)

So Umm when is this going to be finished for emerald i can hardly wait

Okay, so I'm going to be real with you. Its going to be a long time. Why? Well, since there are multiple frames in emerald, I'm going to have to edit each and every sprite so that they fit their second frame. Also, I've been having trouble inserting the 2nd frame, for whatever reason it does not like to work. Now, when I can solve the second problem, I will upload a still version of emerald, but until then I will be doing a lot of work and research.

EDIT: Finally turned something up. If it works, I *should* be able to complete the hoenn dex by the end of Monday, but don't get your hopes up quite yet.

EDIT PT.2 (Revenge of the Edit): Turns out it works!  I'll do a full overhaul of the hoenn dex as soon as possible, although school does start up again on Tuesday, so if it takes a longer time then originally planned, that's why.

did you fix the gengar? (it's back sprite is too small)

I agree entirely.  Unfortunately I possess little talent for art, and the sprite is the same in the original Moemon Revival thread.  So until Moetal gets to the Gengar sprite, you, I, and all the others will have to survive with the current backsprite.

I actually prefer if you didn't name your patch as Moemon Revival Project also. It might confuse people and cause people to download the wrong patch for the wrong game etc. Moemon Ruby Project or Moemon RSE Project or whatever you like. Just anything is better than exact same name.

I actually prefer if you didn't name your patch as Moemon Revival Project also. It might confuse people and cause people to download the wrong patch for the wrong game etc.

I don't understand this. In the title of the thread, it is stated that it is for ruby sapphire and after tomorrow, emerald. Also, the readme states that it is not for fire red, the intro states that it is not for fire red, and the actual download states that it is not for fire red. If people are in fact downloading this patch under the assumption that it is for fire red, they cannot read.

Edit: also in the installation instructions, and it directs to your original fire red thread.