[IPS] Moemon Project Revival - R/S/E

Just encountered an issue when starting the patched Ruby rom, torchic's sprite has been switched out with the sprite of ralts.

EDIT: I should really read before I post lol

- silcoon's sprite is replaced with an off center shedninja sprite

- meditite is using the new dusclops sprite

Edited by SpiceMastah
  • 3 weeks later...

Found a little glitch in the Ruby Patch, Torchic sprite is Ralts one :/

8N6Iei0.png

I know it was already told by everyone, but will you fix it someday?

(I would by myself, but since i'm in safe mode, i can't install framework to use the advanced series toolset..)

Cya~

Edited by Lunedi
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right, so I might as well finish what I started.  Sorry to all of you that have been waiting (close to a year).  I will be releasing the final R/S version ASAP.  I don't think Emerald support is really needed anymore here since there is the very fancy Emerald patch from Dodgeflyer that is almost certainly better then mine :)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How do you patch Sapphire...there is no version for it I tried using Ruby for it, but it only does one pokemon then reverts...(trying Emerald nowish)...

Edit: Which gives a red screen.

Edited by IanT

How do you patch Sapphire...there is no version for it I tried using Ruby for it, but it only does one pokemon then reverts...(trying Emerald nowish)...

Edit: Which gives a red screen.

Check out the Other Moemon Emerald Port thread, the version for basic emerald should work just fine right now for patching. If you really want a version for sapphire I won't necessarily make you one but I can give you the basic steps/knowledge you need to do to make your own version (it basically just consists of clicking the same sequence of buttons over and over again several hundred times); just send me a PM if you feel up to it and I can get the instructions out to you.

Edited by OtherPlayers
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have found several bugs with the Ruby Patch, using the most recent patch. Here's the two I've encountered

1. Torchic's sprite showed Ralts instead of Torchic.

2. Wurmple showed Nincada instead.

Not sure if this is the patch or the ROM or what, but here's a ss to at least confirm Wurmple as Nincada

http://imgur.com/KYSzErz

I didn't screenshot the Torchic, however, but it WAS a Ralts. I'll update this to tell if any other sprites are all weird.

http://imgur.com/UlWtn38 Silcoon is also a Ninjask now.

Edited by BlueLink9001
Another Bug Found
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I kinda experienced some annoying errors and deleted my saves for Pokémon Ruby and Fire Red after trying to find out why the game came to an endless loop of reseting after starting the game. I think it's probably entirely my fault for trying to do this on a mobile device and ignoring some of your advice but what I did is:

1. Download the Ruby and Fire Red patches.

2. Download "ROM patcher" from Google play store.

3. Unpack the GBA file from its zip file. (since my emulator didn't care wether it was zipped or not I used zip files to play my games)

4. Patch the ROM and Moemon patch.

5. Start up the game on my GBA emulator ('My Boy! Free" because I'm to lazy to buy it) and change my file save type to 128k.

Now the reason I lost my saves are the fact that I tried to group together a copy of my saves with each of its own patched ROM, and when I proceeded on the start screen in the game, it skipped the new game screen and went straight to the game introduction, the game just kept on restarting after the first word of oak's/birch's monologue I somehow managed to delete my original and copy of saves after trying to start from scratch. I know this is my fault but now at least the game doesn't restart repeatedly after starting a new game... it just, comes to a black screen, and freezes...

When I did have my saves, I think it was an error with the save file interfering with the patched file causing the game to restart, but now I really don't know what the problem is...

34:12 and 54:32 of gameplay gone with a single touch... who'd a thunk it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Moemon Ruby 2.0 is broken, the Torchic sprite is actually the Ralts sprite. (I suggest rechecking the entire patch, might have more errors)

Also, does anyone have McMagister's sprite pack Gen I-V? The link is down everywhere... page is 404'd.

I would highly appreciate it, need the sprites for an upcoming hack.

Better yet... if anyone has the sprite pack, I'll fix all of these broken patches myself, since nobody else will, but I need the sprite pack.

Edited by HeavyMecha
update

Hello, I'm new to PokeMMO and was trying to use this patch, but for some reason, every time I start a battle, the game crashes to desktop.
I've turned off DS Sprites, and I've tried using the Fire Red Version Patch, plus the WIP HeartGold patch along side this one, but the problem persists.
If anyone knows what's causing the CTDs please let me know. Thank you!

• Kizhaz locked this topic