[Implemented] Attempt to reconnect button

i would say for a reconnect to battle button it could last for like 3-5 minutes after that a forfeit? this way people wont have to be held up by matches.

Forfeit button was already suggested from what I remember (both forfeit and surrender words- try to search ; ) ). Forfeit is for people who already know they got no chances to win and don't want to stall the battles like we see it a lot of times in OU, reconnect is for people who simply got disconnected due to bad internet or something wrong with pokemmo (ya this happens too). Though both of those would help a lot :)

Forfeit button was already suggested from what I remember (both forfeit and surrender words- try to search ; ) ). Forfeit is for people who already know they got no chances to win and don't want to stall the battles like we see it a lot of times in OU, reconnect is for people who simply got disconnected due to bad internet or something wrong with pokemmo (ya this happens too). Though both of those would help a lot :)

i know they are but you dont really want to set through a battle with your partner D/C for like 10 min straight so it was more of a suggestion to something that would pop up at a certain time like the AFK timer cause if there wasnt there could be problems :D

i know they are but you dont really want to set through a battle with your partner D/C for like 10 min straight so it was more of a suggestion to something that would pop up at a certain time like the AFK timer cause if there wasnt there could be problems :D

That's a good one, but I think it would require a diffrent suggestion thread. If I understood it well, then you'd want a "claim a victory" button after your opponet putting you into AFK timeout button for a few times in a row, right? Or just once, when he DC'd for a longer period of time?

If it's for the first one, I totally support, if not, then no. My suggestion is for the players who just got a temporary connection problem or got DC'd from the server due to PokeMMO's client going derp :)

That's a good one, but I think it would require a diffrent suggestion thread. If I understood it well, then you'd want a "claim a victory" button after your opponet putting you into AFK timeout button for a few times in a row, right? Or just once, when he DC'd for a longer period of time?

If it's for the first one, I totally support, if not, then no. My suggestion is for the players who just got a temporary connection problem or got DC'd from the server due to PokeMMO's client going derp :)

why not both? but in all honestly i was talking about the 2nd one cause say a person d/cs in a tournament give it a message on board before you pick your move it states something like "Your opponent has disconnected they have 2-5 (can be changed to a suited time) min to reconnect before you may claim victory." cause some people may force a d/c and abuse if it didnt have that button. but it could work for the 1st instance. this also gives the player a chance in tournaments even if they d/c to stay in battle so they are not disqualified.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think that's fine as it is, there is no need for such a complex work for such a small amount of people going to actually use it.

Not worth the effort.

Small amount of people? Competitive commuity is a huge part of the game. Now when servers are very unstable and they keep kicking out people without any reason this button would be even more helpful. It's irrelevent anyway, because it won't hurt to have such an option as a backup.

Also from the amount of likes (lolololololol) I can already see that community approves. All I would want to see now is just staff's approach and answer, which we didn't get for like 4 months already.

I don't think if this is implemented that it should be restricted just to tournament mode/pvp matches, disconnecting while at the bottom of 7 island fishing for green shards when you just encounter a relicanth, or anything really and logging in back at the pokecenter having to walk back is a gigantic pain in the ass.

• 7 months later...

Small amount of people? Competitive commuity is a huge part of the game. Now when servers are very unstable and they keep kicking out people without any reason this button would be even more helpful. It's irrelevent anyway, because it won't hurt to have such an option as a backup.
Also from the amount of likes (lolololololol) I can already see that community approves. All I would want to see now is just staff's approach and answer, which we didn't get for like 4 months already.

Sadly the competitive community is a very small fraction of the players in this game. There are thousands of casuals and maybe a couple hundred in the comp community. I like your suggestion but depending on the complexity I would think it probably isn't worth putting in.
  • 3 months later...

From what I've saw on official tournaments, a lot of players unfortunately experienced an unexpected disconnect during their match- either due to a 4th world connection, potato/ tomato router or just something with pokemmo, and it was not a fatal render error which is the only option to get a rematch while disconnecting.

Also, some players just don't have dignity to apply for rematch after their opponet disconnected.

This suggestion would make the matches in official tournaments much more fair, allowing players who disconnected to go back into fight.

Pros? Already mentioned.

Cons... Uh I can't see any except giving you guys more work but I'm sure that comp players will really appreciate this.

Discuss

EDIT:

This suggestion is officially my most liked content! wooo!

[spoiler]except my altrun guide hue[/spoiler]

I misunderstand this idea, in that case I agree with you Forfi. I think players should have every reason to relog immediately once disconnected. (I am sorry for the misunderstanding)

• 1 month later...