[Sig] [Art] Ploegy's Art Kingdom (Closed)

Hmm, if too many layers are an issue, perhaps you could combine them to specific pieces/elements rather than individual characters? For example, you could have all their clothes on the same layer, and then another layer with all of the character's hair, and so on. I know I tend to have lots of layers myself, so I'm always looking for different ways to cut down when I can.

aha hockey is basically my life <3

Also, all these color layers

[spoiler]

1965b73c0ad15c5d169af9419eec9517.png

[/spoiler]

Gonna have 12 more layers for shading. I literally can't handle so many layers. Like this alone is the normal amount of layers I have for a drawing and I normally have each colored section broken apart, but not for this

What art program do you use? I know for PS and SAI you can make folders to organize layers into like this

That makes it easy to group stuff together and if you want to focus on a certain element or whatever, then you can just hide/show the folder and maaagic. Might not necessarily be super useful for this, but in the future when you do multiple characters, it's good

it looks like you have all the flat colors for one character on one layer? if that's the case, you can merge the colors for two characters, so for example, merge a far right character with a middle character (as long as they don't intersect), then the second most right with one character to the left from the middle etc

or you could do what mu said

What art program do you use? I know for PS and SAI you can make folders to organize layers into like this

That makes it easy to group stuff together and if you want to focus on a certain element or whatever, then you can just hide/show the folder and maaagic. Might not necessarily be super useful for this, but in the future when you do multiple characters, it's good

it looks like you have all the flat colors for one character on one layer? if that's the case, you can merge the colors for two characters, so for example, merge a far right character with a middle character (as long as they don't intersect), then the second most right with one character to the left from the middle etc

or you could do what mu said

think she's using GIMP, dj? At least that's what I'm assessing from a few of the screenshots. And I myself cannot remember for the life of me how the layering functions work on there. It's been far too long. But I know the program was lacking a few of the things we find in SAI or PS, just not entirely sure what. 

Or I could be wrong entirely on what program she's using, fff.

Yeah I have been forced to use gimp lately because my photoshop has been completely stupid for the last month and just won't open, but for now I'm just sucking it up with all the layers. It's just a pain to scroll up and down through them sometimes trying to find the right layer. The amount of times I go into the wrong layer and start coloring is actually amusing

Needed a little break from that AoT drawing so I begun a little sketch that will feature three couples from three of the stories I have been working on. I'll be working on it alongside shading that big drawing just to give a bit of balance between coloring and actually drawing. So here's the first couple that I finished already

8025ca32b791d8050d1e3c7edf09946d.png

Also to prove I haven't slacked off yet on that AoT drawing, this is the bit of shading I got done

0597ff5cc1a542d634ed9790c385f7f6.png

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here

Quite a few of the males you've drawn recently have something about them that looks similar to me.

:P

This time, it was hair and stubble.

[spoiler]

The stubble is very recent. I'm so proud of it's progress :3

[/spoiler]

Can't wait to see that AoT drawing when it's finished, gonna look so gud
[spoiler]they need to hurry up and make another season ;-;[/spoiler]

2016. I thought it was going to be Fall of this year, but looks like they pushed it back.

This is why I resorted to reading the manga aha. Gonna be an exciting season 2. But yet that AoT drawing if going to take me forever to finish