Item hunting minigame

Eargasmmm

Question

Here are some suggestions that I feel would improve the game, and make it much more appealing to play.

Item Hunting

Concept:

You enter a large forest with several pokeballs lying in random positions.
Each pokeball spawns a random item - much like a mystery box. 
The challenge being that you only have a limited number steps to find the pokeballs in.
Perhaps the mini-game could be limited to having a daily cool down to prevent people from constantly farming.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for taking the time to read this post. If you have criticism, please be constructive - feel free to direct your questions to my forum inbox.

Have a great day.

- Ign : Eargassm

8 answers to this question

9. Provide only one suggestion per thread and make the title a clear and concise indicator of the suggestion. If you do not provide a suitable title to your thread, we will change it.

Please read the "Please read before posting" thread before posting. Thank you.

edit: also your idea for trading items without attaching them has already been confirmed for the next update. Please search the forums before making suggestions as well. Thanks again.

@bishav yeah the part 1 maybe it is a quiz, but i was trying to make it bigger, there always can be misunderstanding like that quiz, but i didn't copy a thing about that thread and i explained the whole contest, on how i would implement it

Edit: i had alot of other ideas but since its running on a rom its hard to implement it, i just want to give my suggestions to the mmo and try to help people whenever i can, its important that everyone feels good about the suggestions, so thankyou for your support

The second part is indeed very similar to the contest suggestions. In addition, this still contains multiple suggestions. I would suggest following the appropriate link above to post your feedback on how you think Contests should be run.

here you go, i changed my topic  and i will follow the other forum posts , ty for responding

[url=https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/42117-random-terrain-for-areas/?hl=random+terrain]TL:DR randomly generated terrain/tiles/items/pokes within defined areas.[/url]

I support a similar idea, and have suggested it. However, we should try to think from a developer perspective. How would items that respawn be implemented?

edit:

ok, the way you could do it is to make it so that creating an alternate account is not faster than going through your regular main in regards to the end result of receiving an item. The idea is that the player must pass a series of tests of some sort each time before they find the item. Tests could be one or a combination of:

A )answering RANDOM pokemon related questions from a larGe pool. Make it tricky so you really have to read...even if you've memorized many of them.

Question sample:

Runthrough 1 Question 1: Ponyta is a fire type pokemon ->             true/false

Question 2: Gengar can learn perish song.                true/false

Question 3: Brock is pewter city's gym leader.            true/false

Question 4: Bulbasaur can breed with Charmander   true/false

Question 5  What is the final form of larvitar?             A. None of these B. Tyrant C. Charizard D. Tyranitar

Runthrough 2 Question 1: Ponyta is not a fire type pokemon ->       true/false

Question 5: Misty is pewter city's gym leader.             true/false

B ) completing a maze (random map generation would be ideal)

C )beat a series of trainers (AI).

D )etc.

Then when they find the item it is randomly selected from a series of groups (same thing as mystery box?).

A )Group 1: 20% pokeball 20% ultra ball 10% hyper potion 25% PP UP

B )Group 2: 20% ultra ball 20% nugget 10% PP Max 48% Max revive 2% Masterball

C )etc.

of course the length of time it takes to complete the task would have to be balanced out. You don't want to be discouraging, but you don't want to make it too easy.

You could put a small cooldown in there too (2-5 minutes) if needed.  It would not be long enough to make the person say "let me go get my alt". but it would also encourage players to switch between tasks in the game instead of trying to item spam?

[spoiler]

darkshade read my post and thinks: "have mercy" :wacko: [/spoiler]

this entire suggestion may be rendered pointless once the pve/pvp tower gets implemented. From my understanding we will be able to get all, or nearly all, the items we will need from that, so a treasure hunt minigame wouldn't be worth the players' and the devs' time...