[Contest] You Wanna Write About It? A weekly writing competition!

Absolutely loving all the deadline submissions. Looks like me and Nate have some reading to do this weekend. Keep em coming, everyone!

It be cool after this, the next entry or category continuing the story of each submission. I like to continue reading a lot of these stories or sure maybe others have more to the story they like to continue with.

(Just an idea).

It be cool after this, the next entry or category continuing the story of each submission. I like to continue reading a lot of these stories or sure maybe others have more to the story they like to continue with.

(Just an idea).

I like this idea, but I think that may turn away others from joining in later weeks if they really wanted to. It may just be me who thinks that, but I could see it happening.

[spoiler]Plus I'm sure people don't wanna continue to read on about my story lol just saying

[spoiler]But there are some that would be great to continue

[spoiler]It may be harder for some though[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

(Just an idea).

This is definitely something i'll consider

Not sure if this isn't in the OP but I'm too lazy to check and it's 3AM, so it would be interesting to have topics that weren't PokéMMO/Pokémon related and just anything overall :)

Hey now that we're in creative media/writing and not general discussion, this is definitely a possibility!
Week 1 Results!
3rd Place: (Tie)

Ploegy and Yagami (6.875)

Both Ploegy and Yagami submitted great stories, each receiving the same average score. While their entries were quite different, they both did a great job of giving us a glimpse into their main character’s life. However, what held each of them back was the word limit, as each would have had an opportunity to expand on their tale with more space. Nonetheless, great entries, and I hope to see more work from each of them in the future.

2nd place:

Thinknice (7.625)

One of the earliest entries, and I think it really set the tone for the competition. With a very high average score from the judges, it was apparent to all of us that Think put a lot of thought into his story, which depicted a weary trainer barely keeping his head above water, kept afloat only by the bond he shared with his Pokemon. In a competition with less high-quality entries, he would have run away with this.

1st Place:

Feravyne (8.6)

What can I say? Fera’s ability to deliver a high quality plot in only 500 words blew us judges away. Grammatically perfect, her gripping entry had the reader desperately hoping her protagonist would make it to the pokemart before the poison finished its work. The attention to detail was really admirable here, with the ability to combine both a legitimate plot and a fantastic description of fuschia city the thing that lifted this story to 1st place.

Congratulations to our winner, Feravyne, who will receive 25k cash in game as well as a Master’s Invitation!
Also, for coming in 2nd, ThinkNice will also receive a Master's Invite!
Overall, I truly enjoyed reading every single entry. Thanks to our judges, Noadhunter, Herpetology, and sfSkump for helping out with the scoring, as well!

I compiled a document of my own critique for every single story, so if anyone wants me to send them my thoughts, just shoot me a message on the forums! Week 2 prompt will be up tomorrow morning, so I hope you’re looking forward to that. And uh…that’s it. Thanks again everyone, I’m really happy with the attention this has gotten so far!