[Contest] You Wanna Write About It? A weekly writing competition!

WEEK 1 TOPIC:

The world of Pokémon has been almost completely abandoned. Resources are extremely scarce, depleted over the course of what seems like endless years of farming and grinding. People pray to the gods for more resources, hoping that some sort of “update” will come and breathe new life into a once thriving ecosystem, but to no avail. Each day, more and more people jump ship, moving on to more exciting worlds.

You, however, remain behind, toughing it out in your sheltered little house in Fuschia City. Describe briefly one single day in your gloomy existence.

The Diary Entry

[spoiler]Two hundred and thirteen, that number seemed etched in everyone's mind it was the last time anybody from the region remember warmth , interest and a sense of belonging it was the last time we had a "change" , Fushia is in shambles and has been since the price of Lucky egg which we used to trade with the people of the South became irrelevant and completely lost value, The people of the south say the Leaders came with a fury when changing the trade system of our region they took everything from everyone rich or poor, Important or petty and left them with a few thousand yen , This was said by them as means to fix our economy but we the people know it did nothing more than fund the so called Utopia that they impose on the people. It's been two days since we had eaten,we being my family or whatever remains of it me and my Geodude ,its been in my family longer than I have and would do anything to sustain us in this ratatta infested swamp that was once Fushia city.
Geodude used to have it easy in the olden days, it brought in modest pay for Me and my papa by competing in various Gimmick Fights set up by the regime as Entertainment for the higher ups, it was especially popular in the little cup category but the name did no justice to the brutality involved , Geodude held its own for the most part but as years roll by the gravel starts to chip off a once proud Pokemon, leaving it a shell of its former image, we had gotten through the past month by a ration given out to the populace by The Old warden of whatever he had left, which wasnt much as the 'Leaders' took away the wardens as well as Fushia's one means of income by opening breeding houses where pokemon where 'Generated' by them and thus slowly forcing the warden to shut down his operations in the city.
I coudnt stay out for long as night blanketed our lands which was a new thing as we had ever shining sun till the rulers in their words 'fixed out problems', As I hear from travelers at the Inn that one of the leaders former officers set out to lands to the north of our region to start a new, his records and family were eradicated to prevent further corruption ,As I slowly daze into darkness I think to myself will we ever get a "change".[/spoiler]

I did a thing \o/

[spoiler]

It had been seven long months since the nation's leaders took any notice of us. Seven long months of increasing poverty and decreasing money opportunities. What ways were there left to make money? You could always leave the 'city' to fight what wild Pokemon there were using payday, but it was risky. Since people had stopped attempting to catch Pokemon and only bred them, the entire region was overpopulated with wild Pokemon.

Imagine this: You want to go out for a walk to the next town. Halfway along your journey, hundreds of Pokemon literally spill out from the nearby forest and block your path. You, being a new trainer, can do nothing to get past them, so all you can do is turn around and go home.

Sure, life isn't as bad in Fuchsia as it is in some other towns/cities, but it's still difficult to make a living. We don't have to worry so much about all of the wild Pokemon flooding the city since we converted the Safari Zone into a Poke-Pound of sorts where any Pokemon that wander in are taken, but it's still a challenge to get by. Even though our little city is better off than most others, (That damn island to the south-west has no issues whatsoever!) life is still pretty bad. Personally, I live in a cardboard box behind the Pokecenter, working myself to the bone just so I can afford a decent meal every now and then. It's a terrible world out there, but I'm glad to be alive.

[/spoiler]

I did a thing \o/

[spoiler]

It had been seven long months since the nation's leaders took any notice of us. Seven long months of increasing poverty and decreasing money opportunities. What ways were there left to make money? You could always leave the 'city' to fight what wild Pokemon there were using payday, but it was risky. Since people had stopped attempting to catch Pokemon and only bred them, the entire region was overpopulated with wild Pokemon.

Imagine this: You want to go out for a walk to the next town. Halfway along your journey, hundreds of Pokemon literally spill out from the nearby forest and block your path. You, being a new trainer, can do nothing to get past them, so all you can do is turn around and go home.

Sure, life isn't as bad in Fuchsia as it is in some other towns/cities, but it's still difficult to make a living. We don't have to worry so much about all of the wild Pokemon flooding the city since we converted the Safari Zone into a Poke-Pound of sorts where any Pokemon that wander in are taken, but it's still a challenge to get by. Even though our little city is better off than most others, (That damn island to the south-west has no issues whatsoever!) life is still pretty bad. Personally, I live in a cardboard box behind the Pokecenter, working myself to the bone just so I can afford a decent meal every now and then. It's a terrible world out there, but I'm glad to be alive.

[/spoiler]

I want to give you money. talk to me ingame man. what a sad story...

Dunno if you want me as judge I wrote one anyway

497 words:

[spoiler]

‘Say Pimp.. Is it even worth it anymore?’ The drought has been going on for ages, or it feels like that long anyway. Over two hundred days, I lost track after that number. Maybe because, I don’t care anymore if I live or die. My Houndoom sits beside me and lays his head on my lap. ‘Is it?’ His body feels warm as I strike over his belly. I look Pimp in the eye and his twinkling brown eyes look back at me. Those eyes, those eyes that are eager for battle.

The country has been mostly deserted. Every day more trainers leave, or die. The trainers that leave will probably meet the same fate. They don’t know where they are going, they just feel like doing something. I can’t blame them for being sick of these lands and its misery. The thirst for water is one thing, the thirst for adventure is something different. No matter how dirty it gets, I can boil water up with the help of Pimp. But you can’t fill a glass with adventure, you can’t fill a glass with hope.

I look up into the dusty room. It’s small but, we can manage. The wooden table in front of me has already lost its footing. It isn’t really useable, but sometimes Pimp and I play a little game on there. I let a Poké Ball roll from the top to the bottom and he kicks it back up to my hands with his paws. It really sounds pathetic when I think about it. The walls mostly lost their color as it seems like they need some kind of sunlight. Here and there the paint begins to flake off.

There is no chair or couch to sit on, I had to sell most of the furniture to get by. Especially for me, a trainer, it is hard to earn any money. I won most of my money with battles or local tournaments. Needless to say as the country died out so did my income. From a large and comfortable leather couch I fell down to this little cushion I sit on right now.

But now we’re almost out of money again and there is nothing left to sell. Or people left that would be able to buy anything. There are only a few rich left in the city and they have no intention of helping us it seems. We live mostly off water and herbs that we find in the Safari Zone now. Pimp has a good nose for edible herbs. Although I get depressed every time we venture into the Safari Zone, even the Pokémon left…

‘Is it… Pimp?’ Pimp stands up and barks once. I close my eyes and sigh. Carefully I place my hands around Pimp’s warm head and bring it close to mine.

‘Hah, what was I thinking? Even if it’s not worth living for myself anymore, I’ll live for you. Just like you do for me.’[/spoiler]

edit: fixed some spelling, grammar

Edited by ThinkNice

[spoiler] I wake up in the morning, and can't even get me a breakfast. Resources are almost finishing, and I can't think of another way to survive except than escaping this poor place Fuchsia City has become. I remember the old days of my life, when I first reached Fuchsia City, they called it the "Hope City", people were coming from everywhere in the hopes of stealing a lucky egg from those Chanseys that liked to flee in front of you in that swamp the once glorious Safari Zone has become. I remember the old times defeating the city gym with my friend Charizard. Now he isn't as strong as he was. Damn economy. This city has fallen ever since Lucky Eggs lost their value, and people decided it was better to breed their Pokemons. Sometimes some rich passes by the city, showing their shining Pokemon, without caring for us, the poor people.

I was once insulted by a rich when I asked him for a free Pokemon. Ever since economy has fallen, we humans eat Pokemons. Not every is edible. Chanseys are now extinct. They tasted good, like marshmellons. 

Each morning my poor Charizard has to go hunting, lately he only found some Rattata. That's all my family can eat. My brother suicided when his strong and very rare Dragonite was stolen by a scammer. Promising his pokemon would have been stronger once properly trained, but he got caught off-guard when the thief run away. Now my only goal in life is to avenge him... Politicians told us they couldn't do anything. In a world that cheated me, why should I play fair? My goal will now be to steal other's pokemons. Maybe I will join Team Rocket. Or will ask some of those scammers I heard in my early days as a Pokemon trainer. I will start from Viridian City, been told the most famous scammers like to hang there.  [/spoiler]

Dunno if you want me as judge I wrote one anyway

497 words:
[spoiler]
‘Say Pimp.. Is it even worth it anymore?’ The drought has been going on for ages, or it felt like that long anyway. Over two hundred days, I lost track after that number. Maybe because, I don’t care anymore if I live or die. My Houndoom sits beside me and lays his head on my lap. ‘Is it?’ His body feels warm as I strike over his belly. I look Pimp in the eye and his twinkling brown eyes look back at me. Those eyes, those eyes that are eager for battle.
The country has been mostly deserted. Every day more trainers leave, or die. The trainers that leave will probably meet the same fate. They don’t know where they are going, they just feel like doing something. I can’t blame them for being sick of these lands and its misery. The thirst for water is one thing, the thirst for adventure is something different. No matter how dirty it gets, I can boil water up with the help of Pimp. But you can’t fill a glass with adventure, you can’t fill a glass with hope.

I look up into the dusty room. It’s small but, we can manage. The wooden table in front of me has already lost its footing. It isn’t really useable, but sometimes Pimp and I play a little game on there. I let the a Poké Ball roll from the top to the bottom and he kicks it back up to my hands with his paws. It really sounds pathetic when I think about it. The walls mostly lost their color as it seems like they need some kind of sunlight. Here and there the paint begins to flake off.
There is no chair or couch to sit on, I had to sell most of the furniture to get by. Especially for me, a trainer, it is hard to earn any money. I won most of my money with battles or local tournaments. Needless to say as the country died out so did my income. From a large and comfortable leather couch I fell down to this little cushion I sit on right now.

But now we’re almost out of money again and there is nothing left to sell. Or people left that would be able to buy anything. There are only a few rich left in the city and they have no intention of helping us it seems. We live mostly off water and herbs that we find in the Safari Zone now. Pimp has a good nose for edible herbs. Although I get depressed every time we venture into the Safari Zone, even the Pokémon left…

‘Is it… Pimp?’ Pimp stands up and barks once. I close my eyes and sigh. Carefully I place my hands around Pimp’s warm head and bring it close to mine.

‘Hah, what was I thinking? Even if it’s not worth living for myself anymore, I’ll live for you. Just like you do for me.’[/spoiler]

edit: fixed some spelling, grammar

Haha I was just kidding about the judge thing...you're welcome to judge a week if you want. I'm leaning towards a rotating panel of judges, that way those who want to judge will still be able to enter some weeks too.

Entries are looking awesome so far everyone, keep them coming!