[Contest] You Wanna Write About It? A weekly writing competition!

This was the most epic one-man race ever. GG to my opponents who never showed up. My skills were just too strong to contend with and they all bowed in defeat. I would like to thank gunthug for this opportunity and I just want everyone to know that I couldn't have done this without Rhydon tearing apart that's beezy's Miltank. 

This was the most epic one-man race ever. GG to my opponents who never showed up. My skills were just too strong to contend with and they all bowed in defeat. I would like to thank gunthug for this opportunity and I just want everyone to know that I couldn't have done this without Rhydon tearing apart that's beezy's Miltank. 

At least you are very humble about it good sir, hue.

Results being posted tonight (Should be back from judging a competition where a bunch of noobs attempt to run a trial by 9:00 eastern, and only need another hour to finish analysis and average the scores). Thanks for your patience, fellas

Hmm it's a good start but probably needs to be longer for an entry

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was early.

WEEK 3 RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1!1ONE11!!!!!!!!

!!

Jeez, what took so long? At long last, the week 3 results are out (what week is it really? Probably like, week 21 at this point. We'll stick with 3 and 4 for now)

Anyways, without further delay, here are your top 3!

(Sorry for the brief descriptions of the places. I had a lot more typed out, but accidently hit a bookmark, left this webpage, and all my writing was lost :( )

3rd Place: YagamiNoir, with a combined score of 7.833333333333

Yagami had a great entry, and though it was lacking some context due to the fact that it was rooted in a separate fanfiction, it still contained some beautiful imagery. Overall, it was a creative angle on the theme for the week, and all of the judges appreciated the sincerity.

2nd Place: SiaraChan, with a combined score of 8.66666666667

In an extremely close race, Siara was just narrowly edged out and placed 2nd. However, in a week without such a nice 1st place entry, Siara's would have run away with it. A very nice writing style that makes it easy on the reader. What impressed me most was her ability to create such depth in her characters with a relatively short word limit of 2000 words. Great entry, and looking forward to seeing more of her work in future writing competitions

1st place: Thinknice with a combined score of 8.766666666667

Think takes the prize this week with a breathtaking entry that was as unique as it was heartfelt. Rather than use the traditional story model, Think really went outside the box here and produced something that was really special. This is a well deserved 1st place, and it's always a pleasure reading what he comes up with.

If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend that you go read the entries from last week (which can be found here: http://pastebin.com/kfb3wfPn ). Also, competitors, be sure to let me know if you'd like me to send you my critique for your entry. Eggplant also put together some really nice critique, so I can send you his as well if you'd like.

Thanks everyone for your patience, and I'm sorry again for the wait. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time at the moment to devote to this competition. I have another competition coming up on November 21st, and I'm up on campus until 10-11 pm every single night being taught how to win it.

Plus, I really wanna do something awesome for the halloween writing comp.

However, here's what I'm gonna do: In about a month, right before finals, I'll post another weekly topic. Then, once finals are done and the entries are due, I'll be on winter break and therefore capable of devoting more time to this.

Until then, keep writing, everyone. See ya around!

NO DON'T SEND MY CRITIQUE OMG

don't

no

lol fine. If you manage to get eggplant's approval, I'll send it to you. Otherwise, you just get mine

edit:

Hmm it's a good start but probably needs to be longer for an entry

TFW I thought this was an actual entry, and had completely forgotten about the mythical "Week 4". I'm an idiot

Can I get my Week 4 trophy meow too?

Lel I'll probably reuse the topic for week 4 and just count your entry towards that one

Posting feedback would be appreciated. 

Nah, I'm not gonna post feedback on here. Feedback is meant for the author only. But I can pm it to you

11/7/2014 at 7:45 EST: Gunthug will finish the week 3 results, and post them
11/7/2014 at 7:46 EST: Gunthug will start working on his halloween creepypasta entry

That's a coinsidence, I just made my halloween creepypasta entry. xD

RIP all my hardwork and dedication over these past 2 months.

If you need 2 months to write a good story, you need to get working. I made an amazing story within 15 minutes. >.> Edited by Musica
no double posting. Make use of the edit and multiquote features.