[Denied]League of Legends Style Picks/Bans for Comp

The only problem is that you could theoretically ban things that make your team incredibly hard to stop.

Examples:

Ban Snorlax, Blissey, Umbreon and you can probably sweep your opponent with Starmie + Alakazam + Jolteon

Ban Skarmory, Weezing, Forretress - Sweep with Kangaskhan + Marowak + Snorlax

Ban Salamence, Dragonite, Gengar - Win with stall team because best OU wallbreakers aren't there

Ban Starmie, Forretress, Donphan - Spike stall team has an advantage due to lack of Rapid Spin

and so on

There are a lot of examples where banning certain pokes could profoundly (and negatively) affect the metagame  

One thing people are forgetting. You arent the only making decisions. You arent going to get your way how you want it. And if you are banning walls and plan to sweep, Then you can bet your opponent will sweep you right back lol. You are banning things from the both of you, not just yourself. 

so you see him banning special walls

then you obviously pick a special attacker too

wich makes him able to pick one less

it's not like you can pick but the other has to wait till you chose all

you choose one then he chooses and then you choose again etc etc

so you can't think of oh i ban this and this and pick this this and this because that won't work because he has choices to ban/pick too just as you

But ultimately, the banlists will likely leave one or two pokemon obviously overpowered/broken, so almost every battle will end up being more akin to mirror matches than "varied battles".

One thing people are forgetting. You arent the only making decisions. You arent going to get your way how you want it. And if you are banning walls and plan to sweep, Then you can bet your opponent will sweep you right back lol. You are banning things from the both of you, not just yourself. 

Senile already made the main point here: banning 6 (or whatever) out of ~30 OU pokes is going to leave you with a pretty ridiculous parady of the actual metagame. Even removing one of the top 6 OU pokes (Salamence, Marowak, Snorlax, Starmie, Jolteon, Vaporeon) would have huge implications on the metagame, leaving certain threats unchecked (e.g. Vapo ban gives Salamence a huge advantage). 

• 4 weeks later...

It's pretty amusing to see this being made as a suggestion, since I recently had a similar idea for an Official Event (3 people can confirm this).

I think this is a really good idea for a Tournament, but I don't think it's worth of having this implemented ingame as a duel type.

Expect a tournament like this somewhere in August.

Tournament is here: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/44824-league-of-pokemon-august-21st

i like the concept, i love league.. 

However, it'd be even better imo if all 6 pokes could be seen in a mode.. And each player is only allowed to bring 3, so it's 3v3...

It's like Pokemon Stadium back when N64 was the thing. if anyone remembers that ancient console. 

show all 6, players only bring 3.. I think its like that in X and Y too or other gens

i like the concept, i love league.. 

However, it'd be even better imo if all 6 pokes could be seen in a mode.. And each player is only allowed to bring 3, so it's 3v3...

It's like Pokemon Stadium back when N64 was the thing. if anyone remembers that ancient console. 

show all 6, players only bring 3.. I think its like that in X and Y too or other gens

You'd ban my shuckle everytime.