more than just a double/triple battle

Gilan

Question

What if we could have big team battles in PokeMMO (i.e. everyone is in the same pokemon match and it is a big 8 v 8 pokemon match)... just saying... if...you know... you want to prevent the other players from being such a backdrop...

220px-Wild_double_battle_Pt2.png

but with four-eight on both sides

edit:

similar to this: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/1100-co-op-double-battles/

but with the concept of "big team battle"

6 answers to this question

Clunky, would require a whole new design process just to create it, difficulty with making all 8 sprites appear at once and look good, how hard it'd be to organize, the fact there's no real incentive to use it, and the fact it's non-canon.

This not only doesn't solve the original problem, but it's just bad.

Clunky, would require a whole new design process just to create it, difficulty with making all 8 sprites appear at once and look good, how hard it'd be to organize, the fact there's no real incentive to use it, and the fact it's non-canon.

Well, Horde battles introduced the possibility of 5 Pokemon on the field at once, however of course the player only has the one, so it's more like a Pokemon that is allowed to use multiple moves on the opposing side.

I recognize that it would be pretty difficult to even make (should work on co-op 2v2 battles first), but I disagree with you on your latter points.

To me it seems a lot of "teams this, teams that" and the ability to have an entire team fight another team in one battle would be a pretty awesome addition from the team aspect of things.

It would allow for a lot more interaction between players, beyond that of just 1 on 1, imo.

edit: also, is being non-canon really that big of a problem in this situation?

Well, Horde battles introduced the possibility of 5 Pokemon on the field at once, however of course the player only has the one, so it's more like a Pokemon that is allowed to use multiple moves on the opposing side.

and I'm guessing there is no real way to mirror the horde to the player's side is there?

this sounds interesting however in a far off future way. triple or quadruple ect... battles sound cool but the time and effort put in to this could be better spent on other things atm. maybe after hoen/legendary dungeons/pve&pvp tower as this might just end up another rarely used feature.