Show resistance, weakness and no effect typer in battle

JonazDK

Question

Hey this suggestion is most helping for noobs and me who is terrible at typing, and what is resistance and weak to a move... almost atleast 1 time every battle i need to look an oppenent pokemon up at bulbapedia for see what it resisting and what it is weak to.

there for i suggest that we implement so every time you put our mouse over your oppenents name you will see a box which is showing the oppenents type, resists and weakness.

H9fvxNn.png?1

In my opinion, a simple type chart in the pokedex would do. In the homepage.

Add some tabs in the dex. "Pokedex, Types, Natures", perhaps another.

Just some handy info that people could use all the time, and this would save them from loading bulbapedia daily.

I'm against the resistance/weakness to be in the Battle HUD because I don't like the thought of people typing 2x3 in a calculator.

In my opinion, a simple type chart in the pokedex would do. In the homepage.

Add some tabs in the dex. "Pokedex, Types, Natures", perhaps another.

Just some handy info that people could use all the time, and this would save them from loading bulbapedia daily.

I'm against the resistance/weakness to be in the Battle HUD because I don't like the thought of people typing 2x3 in a calculator.

nature wouldnt be really needed since you can hover that over that in the summary page considering you're still gonna have to catch the pokemon or breed them for the right nature.

nature wouldnt be really needed since you can hover that over that in the summary page considering you're still gonna have to catch the pokemon or breed them for the right nature.

You don't always have the nature you're looking for in your party.

Say you want to breed a kabutops. You look at the base stats. You want +atk for some pro damage.

Not -speed, or -spatk because you really need both. -def would be a waste because it's pretty high.

So, +atk and -spdef. You want to know the name of the nature.

You look through your party, hover over stuff and everything is jolly and timid because it's the only common natures.

This is where you think "Man I wish there were a table ingame with all the natures listed."

Say you want to breed a kabutops. You look at the base stats. You want +atk for some pro damage.

Not -speed, or -spatk because you really need both. -def would be a waste because it's pretty high.

You look through your party, hover over stuff and everything is jolly and timid because it's the only common natures.

This is where you think "Man I wish there were a table ingame with all the natures listed."

I agree with you that gameplay information such as type resistances, natures etc should be accessable in game.

What better tool to store this than the pokedex?

A general overhaul of the pokedex, making it some sort of bulbapedia page summary for every pokemon would be something I think would be a great addition to the game.

As well as the possibility to access your pokedex with an in battle option if you've registered your opponents pokemon. (Small pokedex icon next to health bars which opens the dex to that pokemon's page during a fight).

OP's sugestion is not necessarily bad, but I think it would remove some of the personal thinking process involved and would stop players from actually learning these things. If the information would be more easier accessable, through said pokedex sugestion, I would be happy with it because it will make players learn it, without it being too obvious and easy (OP's sugestion).

These are just my ideas and might not be shared with other Staff members.

let me rephrase what i said.or give you the same example but slightly different. 

Say you want to breed a kabutops. You know the base stats and want +atk.

You dont want to lower speed or sp atk and def would only hurt it so you want a - on its worst stat.

You will have to keep breeding the kabutops to get the nature you desire cause you can hover over the baby kabutops nature to see what increases or decreases if its the wrong nature you may release it or give it away or whatever and you are still gonna have to repeat the process till desired nature so it wouldnt matter if nature was in the pokedex you wouldnt need to know the name just hover mouse over it and you know which is which.

that is what im getting at. cause you still have to acquire such pokemon with such and such nature and have to go through quite a few of them to get it.. (though personally i would love a nature that increases HP lol)