Show resistance, weakness and no effect typer in battle

JonazDK

Question

Hey this suggestion is most helping for noobs and me who is terrible at typing, and what is resistance and weak to a move... almost atleast 1 time every battle i need to look an oppenent pokemon up at bulbapedia for see what it resisting and what it is weak to.

there for i suggest that we implement so every time you put our mouse over your oppenents name you will see a box which is showing the oppenents type, resists and weakness.

H9fvxNn.png?1

show it in the dex not in the battle HUD.

I can't see any minus by implement it in battle hud if you need to place your mouse somewhere for showing it or click at a very little box... -.- the big minus i see in this is that there can be a lot of work for staff to implement it ( we don't need more time between updates) and then i can see a minus in too much help for noobs too -.- but implementing it in the dex wouldn't solve the problem that much because of I still without a implemention can go into bulbapedia and check this everytime i want, it just takes much time to find the pokemon on bulb and then find the spot with typing halfway scrolled down the page....

I dont mean to come off as "We shouldnt have this implemented" but perhaps you should learn your typings. Water conducts Electricity so electric beats water i would post what all beats what but that just be to long of a post but you can easily correlate how various elements irl will be superior to each other. it does help in any pokemon game. Sides when you go through the game you learn the types of what is good against what and what is weak against what. cause of this i dont think it needs to be added but perhaps there should be something in the pokedex of what typings are good against what. and what are weak against what

I dont mean to come off as "We shouldnt have this implemented" but perhaps you should learn your typings. Water conducts Electricity so electric beats water i would post what all beats what but that just be to long of a post but you can easily correlate how various elements irl will be superior to each other. it does help in any pokemon game. Sides when you go through the game you learn the types of what is good against what and what is weak against what. cause of this i dont think it needs to be added but perhaps there should be something in the pokedex of what typings are good against what. and what are weak against what

Yes but somethings are not that logical, fighting is super effective against dark, ice is super effective against dragon, and some newbies can make a confusion with that

You give a logical answer as to why Steel resists Ghost and the why Bug is Super Effective on Dark and I will be happy

Lol, hey man do you want the game to list the best possible move for you too? HMM NOT SURE IF DOUBLE EDGE OR EQ DOES MORE DAMAGE CAUZ I DONT KNOW HOW STAB WORKSSS. Better press the 'best possible move' button so I don't have to think amirite guys. Part of skill in Pokémon is also knowing typing and it\s advantages, this is just a fact. You know how long it took me to adjust to Fairy typing in gen 6? 1 day, because I just kept playing it. It's not even 'noob friendly' it's just dropping an entire mechanic because you are too lazy to remember something. Let's have a counter running for Reflect and Light Screen too because you know, how to count turns?

No seriously. this is a competitive environment learn the mechanics it uses or don't bother playing it competitively.

edit: On a side note I'm not opposed to this in practice mode. Actually I would support it if you are talking about practice mode (but you are not).

sigh...apparently the suggestion box mods are quick with their trigger finger today, so I'll try to make a slightly more substantive post than I already made.

Let's have a counter running for Reflect and Light Screen too

I would absolutely love this, even though I know you were just being sarcastic. However, simply typing "Yes!" to this quote is enough to get my post deleted, apparently.

To stay on topic and ward off another post deletion, I will say this: I agree with think and flava in that this is a little too user-friendly, and remembering typing advantages and weaknesses are part of the metagame. However, I think there is still a place for this information, which Fred alluded to earlier: The Pokedex. Because let's be honest, sometimes typing advantages aren't "common sense." In fact, I remember the other day wondering if Poison was 0.5x against Rock. So maybe this information is listed on a poke-by-poke basis in the pokedex, or maybe we just insert a tab in the pokedex called "Type Strength/Weakness chart."

Is that substantial enough for you? Jeez.

You give a logical answer as to why Steel resists Ghost and the why Bug is Super Effective on Dark and I will be happy

i will give you a logical reason to how steel resists ghost...simple really...ghosts cant successfully take over shiny metal things :P as for bug. most bugs live in the dark i mean look at ant hills and bee hives. they live under rocks (though dont mention butterflys im not sure where they sleep lol) so bugs are used to the dark and know how to counter it :P

reflect/lightscreen/encore/safegaurd/ect... counters will be in the net update i hear

the counters will count up? 1.2.3.4.5 or will it mean you will know if encore last 2,3,4 or 5 turns before it ends? this should not be implementet because of it will affect the game...

[spoiler]yea i know it is a joke :P encore just not fit into that group because of you never know how many turns it last ^^[/spoiler]

I'm sure that if you apply yourself and play for a while you'll catch on and learn the type charts. I personally don't find this necessary. If something like this would be implemented, it would probably be just a generic typing chart like this:

[spoiler]tumblr_msynp26edN1r8sc3ro1_1280.jpg[/spoiler]

That you'd be able to open by pressing a key.

I'm sure that if you apply yourself and play for a while you'll catch on and learn the type charts. I personally don't find this necessary. If something like this would be implemented, it would probably be just a generic typing chart like this:

[spoiler]tumblr_msynp26edN1r8sc3ro1_1280.jpg[/spoiler]

That you'd be able to open by pressing a key.

how much time do you excatly mean by this?? 2000´+ ingame hours or how much?

I think showing a pokemons typing wouldn't be be bad(like tenatcruel is water/poison?).  But showing what is strong and weak against those types is something you need to learn on your own.

that would be better but still they are gonna have to learn typings of what is what, in which you learn as you play nuff said. but for sake of argument if it was actually implemented hover mouse over the pokemon in battle it gives it's typing.