[Denied]Set to default option for Pokemon nicknames

Set as default option at the Name Rater, to setting pokemons to default nickname, I think would be a nice feature, specially to setting back Shinies nicknames, so we dont need to make things like that:

myWjzQo.jpg

To show off its shiness

Pros:

Cool looking shinies in-battles, its not fucked up because some punk wanted to nickname it before selling you

Cons: None

You can pay the name rater in Lavender Town to rename it for you, even if you aren't the OT.
Just re-name it to: SHINY RHYDON(in your example). Typing a little bit doesn't harm anyone.

Understandable but being able to remove the nickname would be more ideal. A Pokemon with no nickname would use the default name from the player's ROM (so for example it changes client-side for any foreign player with a translated ROM).

+1

pokemon that end up named, and then renamed, lose their automatic "Shiny Pokemon" in their name during battle and its its annoying when no one can tell your shiny blissey is shiny ]:

or just put fucking sparkles in the game

you mods are missing the point

when a shiny is first caught, its name on the trainer card will be RHYDON, and in battle automatically changes to shiny Rhydon

when changed it loses its automatic shiny rhydon, and to change its name to SHINY RHYDON makes your trainer card look shitty.... which is his point tyrone

dont let the trainer card look shiny

• 5 months later...

You can pay the name rater in Lavender Town to rename it for you, even if you aren't the OT.

Just re-name it to: SHINY RHYDON(in your example). Typing a little bit doesn't harm anyone.

Understandable but being able to remove the nickname would be more ideal. A Pokemon with no nickname would use the default name from the player's ROM (so for example it changes client-side for any foreign player with a translated ROM).

Ok so I wanted to suggest this, but I seen this thread already.

Anyword from either of you guys above whether this will be implemented??