4c91e9ac22.png

Date: Monday, June 30
Time: 4PM EDT/1PM PDT/9PM BST

Rules:
All Psyduck must have no EVs or Exp
All Psyduck submitted must be captured within the current round
All Psyduck must be the player's OT
Players may not breed Psyduck to submit
In order to be eligible for the next round you must capture the minimum number of matching natures for the given round
Players must submit all of their eligible Psyduck for the round at the same time
Below is the requirements for each round:

Round 1: 1 hour to catch 5/10
Hardy, Brave, Naughty, Docile, Impish, Timid, Serious, Naive, Mild, Bashful

**Psyduck captured during Round 1 are ineligible from this point forward
Round 2: 45 mins to catch 4/8
Lonely, Adamant, Bold, Relaxed, Lax, Hasty, Jolly, Modest

**Psyduck captured during Rounds 1 & 2 are ineligible from this point forward
Round 3: 30 mins to catch 3/6
Quiet, Rash, Gentle, Careful, Hardy, Brave

**Psyduck captured during Rounds 1, 2, & 3 are ineligible from this point forward
Round 4: 15 mins to catch 2/4
Sassy, Quirky, Calm, Bold

**All Psyduck captured prior to this point are ineligible
Round 5
Best Psyduck Caught in 30 mins, a bonus nature will be announced prior to the round starting

**A Psyduck is deemed ineligible if it was caught at any time outside of the current round.

Registration Rules:
No more than 2 IGNs per account/IP and they must be in separate posts
Test posting will result in the offender(s) being deemed ineligible for participation.

Registration Opens: Saturday, June 28
Registration Time: 4PM EDT/1PM PDT/9PM BST

Registration Closes 1 hour prior to the event starting.

Prize: 1000 Reward Points

Host: XelaKebert
Helpers: LeTyroneCaracal

inb4 event cancelled due to not having enough participants

10 pm for me though, ima try, 1000 rp is kinda enticing. That's like 2 new hats

EDIT:

Hey, I can catch psyducks anywhere? There isn't any specific location noted in the OP where we have to catch the ducks.

inb4 event cancelled due to not having enough participants

10 pm for me though, ima try, 1000 rp is kinda enticing. That's like 2 new hats

EDIT:

Hey, I can catch psyducks anywhere? There isn't any specific location noted in the OP where we have to catch the ducks.

There is no specific area you can catch them so long as they are your OT, caught within the time frame of the current round, have no EXP or EVs, and were not hatched from an egg.

Need to brush up on encounter rates on psyducks/location

Surfing on most routes works well, it's mixed fire red/ leaf green encounter rate which I belive is 50/50 slowpoke/ psyduck so there are a lot of locations for this task I think

So you are asking people to sit around their PC for 3 damn straight hours for sone lame ass event?

Do you guys even think about event before you poop them out holy shit.

To be fair, the rounds look like they're going to be way too difficult, so I doubt it'll last more than 2 or 3 rounds before everyone is knocked out. Still, that's a solid 2 hours. The Safari Hunt event is only an hour, which is probably the perfect length for an event like this. I remember doing the Reindeer Hunt which was 2 hours long, and it was just way too long to be fun anymore. By the end, nobody was really enjoying it anymore, they were just sticking it out because they wanted to win something.

Also, no second place prize makes this a really tough event. I'd rather see the prizes split up into top 3. If you stuck it out for 3 hours and made it to the end with an almost-winning Psyduck, you really deserve to win something. And more than that, with a multi-stage event like this, it splits up winning prizes into multiple occasions. When you make it into the top 3, you just won a prize because you're guaranteed something, and then when you win the finals, you just won again because you upgraded from winning at least 3rd place to winning the grand prize. It just makes it a little more exciting for everyone involved.

But, I know it's hard to really change anything once the event is approved and posted, I just can't help pointing out concerns and hopefully they can be avoided next time to improve.

>June 30 Monday 1 PM PDT

>Monday 1 PM PDT

Do you even work? How am I suppose to join? Couldn't you have at least picked a weekend? Then again, I work 7 days a week so it wouldn't matter to me to begin with.

0/10 bad planning; see me after class.

To be fair, the rounds look like they're going to be way too difficult, so I doubt it'll last more than 2 or 3 rounds before everyone is knocked out. Still, that's a solid 2 hours. The Safari Hunt event is only an hour, which is probably the perfect length for an event like this. I remember doing the Reindeer Hunt which was 2 hours long, and it was just way too long to be fun anymore. By the end, nobody was really enjoying it anymore, they were just sticking it out because they wanted to win something.

Also, no second place prize makes this a really tough event. I'd rather see the prizes split up into top 3. If you stuck it out for 3 hours and made it to the end with an almost-winning Psyduck, you really deserve to win something. And more than that, with a multi-stage event like this, it splits up winning prizes into multiple occasions. When you make it into the top 3, you just won a prize because you're guaranteed something, and then when you win the finals, you just won again because you upgraded from winning at least 3rd place to winning the grand prize. It just makes it a little more exciting for everyone involved.

But, I know it's hard to really change anything once the event is approved and posted, I just can't help pointing out concerns and hopefully they can be avoided next time to improve.

The Reindeer Games lasted 2 hours because there were specific natures to capture. In addition, not one single person was able to capture all 9 of them in 2 hours, which means that there was not enough time. With this one you do not need to capture every nature for that round, just 1/2 of the natures listed for that round. It's much more doable in the time frame than Reindeer Games.

I will consider adding a rule that if, at the end of a round, all participants are eliminated then I will drop the required number of eligible Psyduck by 1 until we have eligible contenders. 

Winner is the one who gets the best Psyduck in round 5. It's quite simple if you recall the Duck Hunt game for the NES. In order to move to the next level you had to get 5/10 ducks for the first few levels, it went up after a while, but it also got harder as you went along. What I did was, instead of making the number of Psyducks needed in order to qualify for the next round I made it so you had less time in which to catch them. If you don't have the right number of matching Psyduck to turn in when the round ends, you are eliminated.

Winner is the one who gets the best Psyduck in round 5. It's quite simple if you recall the Duck Hunt game for the NES. In order to move to the next level you had to get 5/10 ducks for the first few levels, it went up after a while, but it also got harder as you went along. What I did was, instead of making the number of Psyducks needed in order to qualify for the next round I made it so you had less time in which to catch them. If you don't have the right number of matching Psyduck to turn in when the round ends, you are eliminated.

Ahahah, xela, some of these guys are probably to young to even know what a nes is, much less duck hunt

Ahahah, xela, some of these guys are probably to young to even know what a nes is, much less duck hunt

Actually it was a pretty fun game for me growing up in the 90s. Till I broke the gun and used it for out side play with friends. Cops and Robbers lol.