[Denied]Don't allow Hidden Power to be bred onto pokemon.

i dont support this cause we hav enough money sinks already,so -1 from me

we do not have enough money sinks..

Instead of supporting this idea, I'd allow Magikarp to get hidden power through breeding so I won't have to level it up so much to check it's hidden power. Or increase the chance of wild staryus holding star pieces/ dusts ;-;

i would support increased chance of star pieces/dust

As Rachel already noted above, it would be very inconsistent with how we handle every other TM in the game for breeding.

If we were to attach a money sink to Hidden Power, I'd do it in a progressive format where, after players find out the HP typing, they are given a nerfed version of Hidden Power (e.g. 35 base power) which they would need to build up to its full BP through some in-game activity. This probably wouldn't go over well, though, so we will likely not do that.

People who don't think we have enough moneysinks do not buy enough berries and mysteryboxes...
-.-

Mystery Boxes, whilst a money sink as they are, are not a required for anything (aside perhaps Enigma berries, which are not used all that often) and completely optional and purchasable only due to choice, not necessity.

Therefore they are not a particularly reliable money sink, and are meant to act as a 'Lucky Dip' or a 'Gamble'.

Berries on the other hand are understandable.

Mystery Boxes, whilst a money sink as they are, are not a required for anything (aside perhaps Enigma berries, which are not used all that often) and completely optional and purchasable only due to choice, not necessity.

Therefore they are not a particularly reliable money sink, and are meant to act as a 'Lucky Dip' or a 'Gamble'.

Berries on the other hand are understandable.

The thing is, that mystery boxes is a necessity for many players. They NEED to gamble. It's not even a choice.

Fun fact: When Desu implemented the in game characters he made all of them possess the phenomenon; gambling addiction. True story bro.

[spoiler]Even more fun fact: I think most players can agree to this.[/spoiler]

The thing is, that mystery boxes is a necessity for many players. They NEED to gamble. It's not even a choice.

Fun fact: When Desu implemented the in game characters he made all of them possess the phenomenon; gambling addiction. True story bro.

[spoiler]Even more fun fact: I think most players can agree to this.[/spoiler]

Most free-to-play (microcurrency, whatever you want to call them) games have realized by now that mystery boxes are the easiest way to make money. They make a gambling box, make you pay their $$ currency to obtain the box, and then people spend barrels of money gambling. It's like free money for them. I bet if the devs looked at how many mystery boxes they sell, then multiplied that by however much RWP they could charge for it (especially if they added a bunch of exclusive vanity items as money box items), they would start drooling. Just saying, it's easy money guys.

This suggestion will not increase the demand for star pieces, but just make people narrow down ivs to check hp.

And if it has a good hidden power, they still have to actually buy the tm

People who don't think we have enough moneysinks do not buy enough berries and mysteryboxes...
-.-

You can buy 100 berries for 50k and it will last you weeks.

What I see when reading this:

"Please unable HP to go trough the breed, Will permit me to sell all my star pièce/dust and become rich."

(Its just a joke, don't get mad at me)

lol, honestly i dont have any star pieces/dust, but if you look at 'farms' now pretty much every baby pokemon has hidden power now because it is an expensive tm, and buying it will be a great money sink. There are other ways to check HP besides star pieces though, you can just narrow all the IV's (takes about 20-30 levels) which isnt that much tbh, and then use an online calculator. People are just too lazy to check it manually.

I've often use marriland to check HP by checking IVs, and still doing this for wild comp pokemon instead of buying a 6k coins TM, now people can obtain it trough breeding, its not their are lazy, its just you their obtain a easier method to obtain it, if its disabled people will just re-check HP with the old method.

If the starpiece value rises any higher, people will just buy actual hidden power TMs instead even just for testing.

The system's fine the way it is.

this suggestion really isnt about star pieces (even though next update they will show what HP the pokemon has). And if they rise in value too high, people will just narrow the IV's down all the way and use psypokes, then buy the TM if its good. Spending money on it would be a good money sink, rather than already having the TM on it and deleting if its bad. It really is not that time consuming to do either. This could apply to any TM really, but HP would be a very good one to use as a money sink considering it is usable and at least somewhat viable on almost all pokemon.

Well, I think that as long as pokeyen is the most trusted universal currency, we probably have enough money sinks.

We needed money sinks back when people preferred to trade eggs and comps rather than pokeyen.

Now that money is #1 on everyone's wishlist, it's probably balanced.

If you're going to add another moneysink, I think hidden power isn't what you want to mess with, it'll be more frustrating than anything else.

Extra moneysinks could be more cosmetics available in celadon shop, or secret base stuff if/when they get implemented.

Since renewable tutors are a thing but nobody knows what the devs are really up to with it, it might involve money.

Basicaly, going out of your way to figure out an extra moneysink really isn't the priority.