Oluthon

Question

Not quite what was suggested here

How it is: Chat, menu, party etc. are a single size and cannot be modified.

How it could be: What I am suggesting is the ability to magnify: Pokemon party, Function Keys, the time stuff in the top left of the screen, the menu bar, chat box text. This isn't the current "make the chat box bigger to allow more chat to be displayed" option. ESO has this magnification function in it, and it's one of the few things that doesn't make me want to throw my computer out of the window when I play. I just think to myself "Well at least I can see text." I have a tough time seeing such small text on my big, new screen sometimes. I'm sure that other people have a tough time with the current size of the text and other interface features, as well. I really just want to read without my eyeballs hurting. 

This is a really tough suggestion to communicate effectively without having a video to show you. I'll try to find one and post it.

[spoiler]

This is how I feel after reading text for an hour:

tumblr_m4rkvlSocZ1qb8lzh.jpg

[/spoiler]

7 answers to this question

So you are suggesting a magnification function that you can use to alter the size of text in-game?

If so, sure. I haven't had the problem before, but if other people do, why not? the more options the better.

If only I could record the "Interface Scaling" function in Elder Scrolls Online... But, yes, that is roughly the idea :P Maybe it is just that I have a wide screen, making the text seem small.

To be clear, is the main issue font size on very large, high resolution displays? What about icon sizes for things like your bag / bottom right HUD?

That too I suppose, they do look smaller. I just figured they are all apart of a single thing. This is just how I have seen it done elsewhere, the text and all other aspects of the interface are made larger.

EDIT: So I just figured I would take three screenshots to better illustrate this. Look under the INTERFACE heading and you'll see a slider on a bar. The first screenshot is about what the interface looks like in PokeMMO to me on my new computer :P:

[spoiler]

Screenshot_20140613_150207_zps168c63b2.p

Screenshot_20140613_150219_zps82bc4937.p

Screenshot_20140613_150234_zps2023f0e8.p[/spoiler]

That too I suppose, they do look smaller. I just figured they are all apart of a single thing. This is just how I have seen it done elsewhere, the text and all other aspects of the interface are made larger.

Things like our sprites can't be resampled cleanly without doing it at regular intervals, e.g. 200% nearest neighbor. I'm not sure how well our GUI textures could be resampled. We'd probably have to redraw everything to be a higher size (probably 2x current).

What is the monitor resolution / physical screen size you are having issues with?

Things like our sprites can't be resampled cleanly without doing it at regular intervals, e.g. 200% nearest neighbor. I'm not sure how well our GUI textures could be resampled. We'd probably have to redraw everything to be a higher size (probably 2x current).

What is the monitor resolution / physical screen size you are having issues with?

Oh I'm not talking about the actual game sprites, but the GUI/Interface/HUD, yeah. I'll check my monitor, but this option could help those of us who are blind as bats :P

EDIT: My computer says it is 1920x1080.

Oh I'm not talking about the actual game sprites, but the GUI/Interface/HUD, yeah. I'll check my monitor, but this option could help those of us who are blind as bats :P

EDIT: My computer says it is 1920x1080.

Well that's more convenient, but to reiterate what Kyu has said, even for things within the interface such as item sprites would need to magnified at 2x intervals, whilst it may be possible to extend the scaling of the UI backgrounds (as they would remain the same size due to being consistent), the items would not. - Text may or may not act similarly, it really depends on the font.