[Tutorial] How to do minor animations.

ARE YOU TIRED OF SENPAI IGNORING YOU ?
TIRED OF HUGH STEALING YO GIRL ?

Well then this guide is for you. 100% chance your senpai will notice you every day and possibly even steal a girl from hugh.

Disclaimer; I use CS4 cuz #yolo

Step 1. Create what ever sig you are working on. Most are 500x200
[spoiler]

DK4Wfxw.png
[/spoiler]

Step 2. Go to the animation tab and enable it.
[spoiler]
Py4Cx35.png
[/spoiler]

Step 3. This is where you choose the type of animation. I will cover the 2 basic ones I tend to use. The classic sliding bar of color and a fade effect. The next few steps will guide you along the sliding bar style. ( Had to swap photos, sorry about that the effects of the first one won't allow me to animate it. ) 

Step 3.1 Create a layer above the text you have and draw a line of a color of your choosing.
[spoiler]

HU2yHQi.jpg
[/spoiler]

Step 3.2 Now right click the layer with the line and apply a clipping mask. This will link it to the text layer. Your line will vanish, but don't worry !
[spoiler]
ItFgWtD.jpg
[/spoiler]

Step 4. Click the first animation in the bottom box. It should be 1, then click the little paper thing and create a new part and it will become 2.
[spoiler]

9W7MHq6.jpg
[/spoiler]

Step 5. Click the second animation and grab the little move tool and drag your line we made from one side of the word to the other ! (Make sure you hold shift to keep steady)
[spoiler]

UflUvyU.jpg
[/spoiler]

Last step to this animation.
Click the first animation (1) and shift click (2) and now that you have them both together it is time to tween them. (The tween button is the one to the next of the create a new animation, it looks like the 4 slated dots)

You want to use 20-30 frames for a smooth effect. Keep in mind the more frames, the more the quality is lowered.
[spoiler] 
zL1JPzx.jpg
[/spoiler]

TADA! Now you should have a kawaii ass animated effect. (Save for web and device to get it into gif format)
[spoiler]
uJXC4MZ.gif
[/spoiler]

How to do the fade effect. VERY simple.

Step 1. Open your animation panel as we did above and select the thing you want to fade in and out.
[spoiler]
tX48yMd.jpg
[/spoiler]

Step 2. Create the second animation as we did above and then set the thingy you picked to opacity 100% in the first animation screen and 0% opacity in the second frame.
[spoiler]
q26IajC.jpg
[/spoiler]

Last step. Simply tween them as we did above adding 20-30 frames and you will get a nice fade effect.  Save for web and device and tada!

sig_i_did_for_a_friend__by_voxxism-d7doy

I hope this helps some of the newer people. If you like more advanced techniques I would talk to Hol (He's kawaii as fuck).

If you have any questions, post them below and I would be glad to answer.

Oh ty bro

If you really wanna just use backgrounds just google "red background" or however much detail you need. You really should try using brushes, they are much easier to use once you get used to it, and they can fit your theme a lot better

Question about re-using renders. If I am correct, should you use PNG if you were wanting to use it again later? And what setting in photoshop should you save the completion of a signature when done? Starting to play with Photoshop more so it would be helpful to know these.

Thanks!