Make a cooldown of 20 secs before someone can challenge you for mewtwo again

Dracosworn

Question

Yeah.. today I just found an damn kid, I beat him once, but when that was on his last poke he just afk'd and I won by afk, ok, but before I could do a single step, he challenged me again.. multiple times. thats so annoying, I made a topic about that on General Disussion, I was thinking if that could be botting since I COULD NOT GIVE ONE DAMN STEP BEFORE GETTING CHALLENGED. plz staff make this happen..

24 answers to this question

the very reason of it is because your suggestion is more self rewarding just because  some kid annoyed the hell out of you, i don't see how this will benefit the community, some people enjoy dueling endlessly... If you are somehow bothered to be challenged repeatedly, just release mewtwo and get over it...

No, I agree with the op.

If you lose to the mewtwo holder, you should be warped to the PC, and you get to run / be challenged by other people.

Forcing an afk timeout just to try again is kind of abusing the system.

You could just warp to PC after loss from an afk timeout too.

Yeah, when you "lose" then you back to pokemon center, but if you stall him till hes forced to end battle by AFK you stay on the cave, or they will do that or they will disconnect

Edit: also its used for other MMOs, to rebattle the Global Boss you must wait some seconds

I don't think it should force them to be warped back to the Pokemon Center. Although, if you don't do a tournament battle, you will be sent back to the Pokemon Center. That's already implemented. But it should have a cooldown that says something along the lines of this. :3.:

"You can only challenge the owner of Mewtwo once every 20 seconds. Please wait (time reamaining) more seconds. "

Chest thats not the same thing.. you suggested 15mins without any challenges, im suggesting just a cooldown while the same people must wait 15-20secs before challenging him again

so if i were to make a similar suggestion but say 30 secs instead, would it be different?

so if i were to make a similar suggestion but say 30 secs instead, would it be different?

They are verry different. If you made a suggestion like that, your suggestion would be locked pretty fast, since the only difference would be 10 seconds.

Chestbrah's suggestion suggested that the owner of Mewtwo couldn't be challenged by anyone for 10-30 minutes. Whether it means from the moment someone catches Mewtwo, or the moment someone challenges the owner, it's very unclear

This is suggesting a 20 second cooldown before one specific challenger can challenge them again. However, other players could still have a chance at challenging the owner. :3.

We could just say if you have your mewtwo dex entry you can't challenge someone for mewtwo. Then you can only worry about having mewtwo if you caught it yourself and people can't get it back by challenging you again.

I don't think that would go over too well. Mewtwo was implemented basically to give people something to do during endgame. There'd really be no point in implementing something that would only allow players to own it once. If you want to try suggesting that, though, you should try posting a suggestion for it. :3.