[Storyline Guide] Kanto complete walkthrough & Hidden item Guide

Good Call on Claydol. So for Hoenn we would need three HM/TM slaves though. For Kanto two hm slaves is enough. I don`t think there is much use for teleport in Kanto. Correct me if i`m wrong though!

I'm not sure if it will work, but actually teleporting out of PKMN Tower after getting Soothe Bell, or from Rocket Hideout, would save a bit of time :p I will try it out very soon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey , I really liked your guide, but as a new player I think I can provide some perspective on how to make it a little clearer. 

Again, I want to stress that I found this EXTREMELY helpful. 

MT Moon:

Head down the ladder and collect Antidote along the way. Go up. Collect the last hidden mushroom here and go out of the cave.
when you say "Head to the ladder, it implies there's an antidote before the ladder. In reality, the antidote comes after.

SSAnne:

I was confused with your descriptions, try replacing them screenshots. I made some as an example. 

http://i.imgur.com/k5mVogz.png

http://i.imgur.com/GPbgqmz.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZsLu8W3.png

Route 2:

When you will reach Route 2, cut the tree, grab the Paralyz Heal and Ether. if you don't specify to cut the tree, it implies the passage to viridian forest is where oak's aide is.

Route 9: Make sure to specify to exchange the bike voucher. I missed it.

Route 8: you mentioned there were berries, but you didn't specify where they were! Here is an example SS of what I would do.

http://i.imgur.com/AV676La.png

Celadon: - explain that the extra lemonade is for the memorial pillar. I drank mine on accident.

Fuscia City/ Safari Zone : I'm not sure if its me or If I missed that you should get the HM strength from the warden, and the rare candy in his house.

Cinnabar Island -  you mentioned that we should go immediately to the gym, skipping the pokemansion. I think it would be better to put the Gym sweeping part on the Cinnabar Island section of the guide. 

Pokemon mansion:  

Go down back, down the stairs now. When you go down again, there is alot of "down" in this sentence, some meaning "down stairs" and some meaning "south". maybe you could reword this to distinguish the two.

Calcium lays in the upper right corner of the area. Now go through stairs in the upper right left corner. Iron lays...

ISland 3 - Muk/Comp ... as a new player I didn't know what comp meant.

Island 5 - Rich ladies is slang for resort gorgeous? Also specify that we're going Northwest to resort gorgeous. Otherwise it could be confused as going east to resort gorgeous.

Island 7: you're missing a trainer. the one before the girafarig. 

Edited by PlayLikeNewbs

Hey , I really liked your guide, but as a new player I think I can provide some perspective on how to make it a little clearer. 

Again, I want to stress that I found this EXTREMELY helpful. 

MT Moon:

Head down the ladder and collect Antidote along the way. Go up. Collect the last hidden mushroom here and go out of the cave.
when you say "Head to the ladder, it implies there's an antidote before the ladder. In reality, the antidote comes after.

SSAnne:

I was confused with your descriptions, try replacing them screenshots. I made some as an example. 

http://i.imgur.com/k5mVogz.png

http://i.imgur.com/GPbgqmz.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZsLu8W3.png

Route 2:

When you will reach Route 2, cut the tree, grab the Paralyz Heal and Ether. if you don't specify to cut the tree, it implies the passage to viridian forest is where oak's aide is.

Route 9: Make sure to specify to exchange the bike voucher. I missed it.

Route 8: you mentioned there were berries, but you didn't specify where they were! Here is an example SS of what I would do.

http://i.imgur.com/AV676La.png

Celadon: - explain that the extra lemonade is for the memorial pillar. I drank mine on accident.

Fuscia City/ Safari Zone : I'm not sure if its me or If I missed that you should get the HM strength from the warden, and the rare candy in his house.

Cinnabar Island -  you mentioned that we should go immediately to the gym, skipping the pokemansion. I think it would be better to put the Gym sweeping part on the Cinnabar Island section of the guide. 

Pokemon mansion:  

Go down back, down the stairs now. When you go down again, there is alot of "down" in this sentence, some meaning "down stairs" and some meaning "south". maybe you could reword this to distinguish the two.

Calcium lays in the upper right corner of the area. Now go through stairs in the upper right left corner. Iron lays...

ISland 3 - Muk/Comp ... as a new player I didn't know what comp meant.

Island 5 - Rich ladies is slang for resort gorgeous? Also specify that we're going Northwest to resort gorgeous. Otherwise it could be confused as going east to resort gorgeous.

Island 7: you're missing a trainer. the one before the girafarig. 

Route8: I said that I am not going to post screenshots for berries, they are marked on the ground and thus easy to find.

Island3- this is a joke from me, as during the old days I was owner of 11 comp Muks ;) It hardly matters.

Island7- I was pretty sure he wasn't worth the effort :v

Rest of shit got fixed, thanks!

Route8: I said that I am not going to post screenshots for berries, they are marked on the ground and thus easy to find.

Island3- this is a joke from me, as during the old days I was owner of 11 comp Muks ;) It hardly matters.

Island7- I was pretty sure he wasn't worth the effort :v

Rest of shit got fixed, thanks!

I hope i didn't come off too critical, it is clear you put alot of effort into this

• 2 weeks later...

0fc7cc2fe55b9be8a4cf98946f27f199.png

Might be some additional spoils :3 I'm not sure if only one holds them or both, first one died to a crit and didn't see. I managed to catch second one and it was holding leftovers, meaning we can get 3 (or maybe even 4) leftovers through entire storyline, making alts even more profitable. First I'll ask tho if it's intended or a bug just to make sure I won't get banned for bug abuse

E:

87498804fcb901a475c9448d68b2743c.png

E:

Alright, it isn't a bug. Snorlaxes now have a chance of holding Lefties, all of them, so it's not guaranteed. It's nice doe

Edited by RysPicz
  • 5 months later...

Spoils section requires an update. Unfortunately due to very tiny amount of time I can sacrifice each day, I won't be able to make it anytime soon, unless I will find a soul brave and noble enough to calculate the spoils using the current price trends.

Anyways, spoils got MUCH bigger with 90% of the stuff acquired in the game being sell-able through GTL, lots of TMs gaining value as well and many rising prices (such as pp ups for 20k and pp max for 60). That goes for both region alts.

Damn right. The gtl update is so awesome. I managed to sell for about 2mil of leftover alt run items and tms. Love the new update. I might post a price list, but don't count on it.

Ohhh welcome back =) Haven't seen you in a while :)

Update 14.02.2016

*Updated spoils section.

Edited by RysPicz

Thanks, been gone for more than 6 months, now i'm back!

Just finished a Kanto run with good old Alakazam. Took 8.88hours. Man i'm slow and rusty. Still, sold almost everything at Mart and GTL, and I am now sitting on 1.2mil, with another 200k expected to come in eventually. I did deduce the cost for my sweeper (23k poke + moves) and repels (34.5k). Averages out to about 150k/hour.

So your updated prices seem pretty spot on. I do expect a price drop though since it's so profitable, more people will do alt runs and supply/demand yada yada yada.

I'll need to practice a bit more to get back down to 5 hour runs. Not sure that`s even possible anymore, seems the game is slower? Or maybe I just suck that much....haha. 

Here is what I posted my stuff up on GTL for

Kanto Altrun items (All items up to E4)   

Item  Qty Price Total

Amulet Coin  1 39500 39500

Big Mushroom  4 7250 29000

Cleanse Tag  1 100 100

Everstone  1 20000 20000

Exp. Share  1 64999 64999

Leftovers  2 37000 74000

Macho Brace  1 17000 17000

Moon Stone  4 3000 12000

PP up  5 19500 97500

Soothe Bell  1 32000 32000

Tiny Mushroom  3 3000 9000

Total   395099

Listing FEE   19754.95

Kanto Altrun items (Sevii Ilses)   

Item  Qty Price Total

Dragon Scale  1 11000 11000

Heart Scale  4 7000 28000

Kings's Rock  1 6000 6000

Metal Coat  1 33000 33000

Moon Stone  1 2500 2500

PP MAX  1 62000 62000

PP Up  3 17500 52500

Silk Scarf  1 43000 43000

Sun Stone  1 5000 5000

Up-grade  1 5000 5000  

Total   248000

Listing FEE   12400

Tm's with no price next to them aren't picked up in Kanto (thunderbolt, hyperbeam ,etc...).

When the price is 100, it`s because i sold to merch. Those were TM's that sold for about 1k at GTL. Couldn't be bothered to post em up.

Kanto TM's (Full Run) 

TM Move Price

TM01 Focus Punch 9999

TM02 Dragon Claw 19000

TM03 Water Pulse 9000

TM04 Calm Mind 3000

TM05 Roar 100

TM06 Toxic 19000

TM07 Hail 100

TM08 Bulk Up 100

TM09 Bullet Seed 100

Hidden Power

TM11 Sunny Day 2500

TM12 Taunt 1750

Ice Beam 25000

TM14 Blizzard 15000

Hyper Beam

TM16 Light Screen 5000

TM17 Protect 23000

TM18 Rain Dance 2500

TM19 Giga Drain 19950

TM20 Safeguard 100

TM21 Frustration 100

TM22 Solar Beam 11000

Iron Tail

Thunderbolt

TM25 Thunder 29000

TM26 Earthquake 29000

TM27 Return 14000

TM28 Dig 7000

TM29 Psychic 24000

Shadow Ball

TM31 Brick Break 19000

TM32 Double Team 100

TM33 Reflect 2500

TM34 Shock Wave 9000

Flamethrower

TM36 Sludge Bomb 25000

TM37 Sandstorm 100

TM38 Fire Blast 28000

TM39 Rock Tomb 100

TM40 Aerial Ace 9000

TM41 Torment 100

TM42 Façade 11000

TM43 Secret Power 8000

TM44 Rest 10000

TM45 Attract 100

TM46 Thief 14000

TM47 Steel Wing 3000

TM48 Skill Swap 3500

TM49 Snatch 100

TM50 Overheat 12000

TMs Total 423899

Listing FEE  21194.95

Yeah I also feel like this game is slower. That's because of the must of battling so many trainers... Besides I still prefer Staryus as sweepers :p I also took a peek on the prices you posted. Pretty sure a lot of stuff (tms mainly) could go for more. But yeah, your post proves I'm still not that bad with prices .-D. Almost 9 hours is pretty legit tho, I usually make mine in around 8 as well.

Yeah the prices are a little on the blow side. As a general rule, I would match the lowest price on gtl and deduce 500 to 1000 from it. Didn't wait for prices to go up. So I'd say these are more minimum values with quits the potential to go higher. Also some tms go for a lot more on gtl than in the mart. People just don't know/ are too lazy I don't know, but stuff like tm26, I sold for 29k cuz mart sells for 30.
Alright 8 hours is good then. Might remake a staryu then;) .

• 1 month later...

The prices are too fluid for now. I will do it in the future

The berries used in comp will easily be worth picking up. Even if you don't add the price, it may help to say "pick this Lum Berry up" since it sells for 5k and the demand will never be going away anytime soon. They're hell to grow.

Hi,

Sorry if this a newbie question, but... how do you transfer pokes and items that you need to the alt run kanto account? You should transfer these to a friend and then your friend to your other character? Is that legal?

I only have 2 weeks in this game so i don't know how it works, thanks

Hi,

Sorry if this a newbie question, but... how do you transfer pokes and items that you need to the alt run kanto account? You should transfer these to a friend and then your friend to your other character? Is that legal?

I only have 2 weeks in this game so i don't know how it works, thanks

Just go to PC 1st floor and send it by mail. and your alt must not be the same account as your main. 1k per mail is compulsory. 

Edited by DeliZenan