/friend and /unfriend User Commands

Chibisaurus

Question

In addition to the user commands we have already, I think it'd be useful, IMO to add these commands:

/friend (there's a block command, I think its fair if we get a command that lets us add friends as well)

/unfriend

(others in this thread have suggested that /addfriend and /removefriend might be a better way to word this)

Edit: Even though this might seem "lazy", I agree to what Emlee has stated below, I personally like typing commands rather than clicking. As I am a relatively fast typer, I'd rather have this option than taking time to click things. 

@Asakano and Ryuko have stated that right click + add friend is faster but I disagree with this (I don't know about you guys but sometimes right clicking the name doesn't work for me on chat)

@TheChampionMike It might be, but personally, I'd prefer to just type it. As I said already, we have a /block and /unblock function so why not a /addfriend and /removefriend command?

Pros:

- Gives people who prefer commands instead of clicking/using the friend list hotkey another option

- Probably not hard to implement

Cons:

-  Can't think of any

Edited by Chibisaurus

8 answers to this question

In addition to the user commands we have already, I think it'd be useful to add these commands:

/friend (there's a block command, I think its fair if we get a command that lets us add friends as well)

/unfriend

Language commands can also be enabled to provide a faster way of switching languages, to (possibly) decrease the usual stray hispanic or frenchie that is on the [EN] chat. This could prove to be very useful for a person who is multi-lingual.

e.g.

/en

/es

/fr

/addfriend would be better in that topic, altho not really that needed.
english, spanish and french lang can be changed within chat, i don't see why there should be an extra command for that

english, spanish and french lang can be changed within chat, i don't see why there should be an extra command for that

Because I'm lazy and I'd rather not click the button every single time I have to switch languages

Also removed this suggestion from the OP because it's been suggested here: 

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/14642-chat-ui-suggestion/

Right click name + Click add friend

Or right click and select "Block User" at the bottom of the options. I don't really see this being very useful. Right clicking is far faster, and not many people know how to even whisper with /whisper /w. So this would probably just end up falling through the cracks. :3.

I don't think this needs to be discredited because it's "lazy" or not. A lot of people prefer user commands (myself included) so I don't think this is a bad suggestion.

I agree it should be "/addfriend <name>", and "/removefriend <name>" seems more intuitive.