Memoriam of Our Fallen Comrades

Almost every ex staff member I can think of has made some reaaally shitty calls in past tournaments, no need to still be mad over it

The ex-staff with the most knowledge of comp pokemon would be Dormira/Plizard/Spectre, outside of them I don't think there's much experience.

The ex-staff with the most knowledge of comp pokemon would be Dormira/Plizard/Spectre, outside of them I don't think there's much experience.

Comp experience doesn't necessarily mean good hosting skills. It has almost nothing to do with that and everything to do with PR.

Hosting skills kind of go hand in hand with knowledge of what you're hosting, no?

Not nessesarily. An understanding helps but I someone who is skilled in competitive play isn't necessarily a good tournament host.

A good tournament host is adaptable, covers all of their basis (via the thread, rules, etc), can present themselves in an unbiased manor, and can communicate well and respectfully with the community. None of those things really relate to comp experience. It's a people skill and logical reasoning thing. Yes, people make good and bad calls but often a call is made based on someone "covering their basis" and it enrages the community regardless. You can't please everyone all of the time. 

A knowledge of competitive play helps out in specific circumstances but in reality it's not like you can ever say "well this person was going to win so even though they disconnected and that counts as a DQ I am going to award them the win", etc. 

>Was winning a Doubles match he had 1-2 left against my 6
>opponent 'bugged out'
> Cipher: ' yeah rematch that'
>best GM best ref
>Still won

Best GM award can go to Tranz IMO

Not until he brings steelix back

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.