Language Support

I'm translating the game to spanish. and i have a question. Where is the battle strings? i mean. i cant translate the battle because the battle strings doesnt appear in the file Strings_en.xml if you can upload it to pastebin or something i will thank you so much from that work. Thanks for your patience. i'll be waiting for an answer  ;)

I think the battle moves are on the rom so you can't fully translate everything unless you translate the rom

I think the battle moves are on the rom so you can't fully translate everything unless you translate the rom

I believe Desu stated that they will have improved string support (including moves and stuff) next update, although that might not have to do with this particular thing.

And the post you quoted is from May so, you know totally still important and the poster has been waiting for a reply all this time.

I believe Desu stated that they will have improved string support (including moves and stuff) next update, although that might not have to do with this particular thing.

And the post you quoted is from May so, you know totally still important and the poster has been waiting for a reply all this time

Hehe sorry, just wanted to comment something :P

By the way I'm having a problem with spanish characters but I looked at other languajes and those characters weren't a problem... I'm not sure if I can talk about that here or if goes in other thread.. The xml headers were exactly the same

Just had a question. I know that you can change the In-Game Dialogs by addings strings using the dez-offset of the Dialogs. But now I have a question about dialogs like the rival dialogs. They don't just use words, they got calls in them to get the Rivalname or the Playername etc. How to write thoses "calls" in the strings?

Do we just need to use {0} {1} {2} {3} depending on the amount of different calls? Like 0 for rival 1 for player if it's the order the calls are popping in the dialog or how do we get the calls done? 

Working on a script right now to extract the offsets of ALL dialogs and to extract all the text of the dialogs. Working on EVERY language version.

It's at around 90% done. Might be done tomorrow. If some people don't trust me right away I'm ok with just running the script for them. Would just post the completed strings for the language-string files. Gonna tell you more about it tomorrow.

EDIT:

Ok my script is at around 98%. I just need to know how the calls for names work and then I could add this to my script. At this moment it just can't create the following characters:

[spoiler]
î
ï
ò
ó
ô
œ
ù
ú
û
ñ
º
ª
&
+
[/spoiler]

Reason for that is that I use a loop that replaces all the characters used on the firered table. Problem... It does it one by one. So if it finds a character that was already replaced but matches with another replacement that would be done later in the script, that character will be replaced again. So I had to delete those characters from my script for the moment.

I hope I'll get this done anytime soon. So that everyone can play Pokemmo with his or her own language in the dialogs.

Working on a script right now to extract the offsets of ALL dialogs and to extract all the text of the dialogs. Working on EVERY language version.

It's at around 90% done. Might be done tomorrow. If some people don't trust me right away I'm ok with just running the script for them. Would just post the completed strings for the language-string files. Gonna tell you more about it tomorrow.

EDIT:

Ok my script is at around 98%. I just need to know how the calls for names work and then I could add this to my script. At this moment it just can't create the following characters:

[spoiler]
î
ï
ò
ó
ô
œ
ù
ú
û
ñ
º
ª
&
+
[/spoiler]

Reason for that is that I use a loop that replaces all the characters used on the firered table. Problem... It does it one by one. So if it finds a character that was already replaced but matches with another replacement that would be done later in the script, that character will be replaced again. So I had to delete those characters from my script for the moment.

I hope I'll get this done anytime soon. So that everyone can play Pokemmo with his or her own language in the dialogs.

Are you including Japanese in this script you are making?

That would be awesome!

Speaking of which, is there a way to display japanese characters in the client? I translated some of the basic statements and they won't display :/

Don't know. But might be possible. As Exteriorito mentioned before there is the "coding" of the string file. If you change it to USC-2 Little Endian it might work. Don't know for 100% if this was the coding for asia characters.

About my script. I don't know if it'll work with asian languages too but it might be possible.

Btw it's at 99% now. As soons as I figure out how the calls of the dialogs work it's done. Seems like it isn't {0} etc. Tried it but it turned out as written directly into the chatbox.

Only problem besides the calls are 2 or 3 dialogs including scripts inside of the dialog. Might get it solved but if not it wouldn't be that much of a problem I guess.

EDIT:

Ok I just figured out that those strings "{STRING_0}" work in dialogs. But I don't think that I'm patient enough to make a dialog with like 200k Strings just to see that 80% of them are empty or something...

I would be very happy if the staff could tell me if the needed Strings (Rivalname, Playername etc.) are in those strings and if it's true which strings they are. Or maybe if they could give me a full list of all strings. I would try to get the dialogs of every language translated then and release them in this forum to save the staff and the player a lot of time to translate or anything.

• 4 months later...

Hello I am working on a complete German translation my Rom is now 100% and the string.xml is 98% done.

But how Vahritos say it missing a few of commands for dialogs, I've figured out some such as eg. Pokemon Name and Skill.

but be missing NameCalls for found items, rival Name, Player Name and more.

could please a DEV help us out  and say us what these are or may not yet possible!

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it not possible with this method to translate Pokemon emerald?

example

<!-- Petalburg City -->

<string id="1952547">WALLY'S HOUSE</string>

<string id="1952426">PETALBURG CITY POKéMON GYM\nLEADER: NORMAN\l["]A man in pursuit of power!"</string>

<string id="2567070">["]Rejuvenate your tired partners!"\nPOKéMON CENTER</string>

<string id="2567018">["]Selected items for your convenience!"\nPOKéMON MART</string>
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello!

I have some problem to access translate.pokemmo.eu

Account is createrd, i can get "reset password" link, but i can't activate my account, by following the link. Right now, it's saying, to me "Record not Found" and invite me to Atlassian service. Maybe it is problem, that i use [email protected] such type of E-mail.

I hope, someone will help me with that problem, because i want to help you with translation for RU-players.

Edited by Airnort
Add new info.
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...