Language Support

1. Make a copy of
    /data/strings/strings_en.xml

2. Rename the copy to
    strings_LANG.xml

3. Open your new file in a text editor.
  4. Edit the string information. Change the
    lang="en"

to your new language's lang code. (Should be two letters for consistency sake)

5. Mark the new string container as non-primary. Change
    is_primary="1"

to

is_primary="0"

6. Translate the various strings into the new language.
  7. Save the file.
  8. If you did this correctly, you should see the language option in the settings menu. (Note: You will have to restart the client if it was open when you created the language file)

Things to note:

The primary container will be loaded after the selected language container. This is to prevent issues with missing strings when we add new strings to the main strings_en.xml.

You technically do not have to use the language code in the filename or lang attribute, but it is recommended.

When making a post in the Customization section, be sure to preface the title with [Translation].

Just curious, will labels like "Party" or "Pokemon Summary" be added to the XML file at some point?

((Or trainer card stuff))

We didn't get around to getting all strings in the external files yet. There will be more added later.

Do you think this will be possible for the Mac Launcher?

I'm saying: the Pokemmo.app is just an app and I don't see it generate other files or directories in Mac's Application Support.

(I say this cause I would help with the Italian and Italian dialectal translation.)

Do you think this will be possible for the Mac Launcher?

I'm saying: the Pokemmo.app is just an app and I don't see it generate other files or directories in Mac's Application Support.

(I say this cause I would help with the Italian and Italian dialectal translation.)

I believe it should be compatible. Can't think of any reason it wouldn't work.

Sorry guys, I found the /data, I had to "show" with right click the PokeMMO.app.

So I confirm this is possible on a Mac.

I created a translation and the change language option shows up in my client, but after I click on it, the dropdown menu doesn't contain anything except EN - though I can highlight the empty space my translation is supposed to be at. But nothing happens after clicking it.

I created a translation and the change language option shows up in my client, but after I click on it, the dropdown menu doesn't contain anything except EN - though I can highlight the empty space my translation is supposed to be at. But nothing happens after clicking it.

I think you skipped this part:

lang="en"
[/CODE]

If you show me the file I can probably help you troubleshoot.

Giygas, I think I've solved the problem - no, I didn't skip it. It looks like an issue with the characters in my language - some of them are different than English ones. Upon removing them, the game sees the translation without any problem.

I'll try changing encoding and see if that helps or if I'll just have to remove those accents from the letters.

EDIT: It works after changing the encoding to iso-8859-2, but the letters with accents don't show.

Giygas, I think I've solved the problem - no, I didn't skip it. It looks like an issue with the characters in my language - some of them are different than English ones. Upon removing them, the game sees the translation without any problem.

I'll try changing encoding and see if that helps or if I'll just have to remove those accents from the letters.

EDIT: It works after changing the encoding to iso-8859-2, but the letters with accents don't show.

I can confirm this, although I changed the encoding to UTF-8 but unfortunately, the Spanish characters I used aren't showing which is kind of sad.

Also, a suggestion: Since we are getting more and more threads with translations, it would be good to make a thread with the list of links to those translation threads (or post the list in the first post of this thread) and make it sticky. Just so the threads don't get lost or get posted twice.

i used privatepaste, after i put in the code and clicked on xml at format, what now? sorry im new to this.

Lol, don't do that. Put your strings_(whatever you named it) file in a .zip folder and upload it to mediafire.com. You'll need to make an account by the way.

FYI: After the 20/10/12 update, all translations will need to be updated. Nearly all strings are now in strings_en.xml and available for translation.

disculpe alguien aquí me podría ayudar con eso del cambio de lenguaje para el juego es que lo trato de hacer pero no acepta la traducción solo em muestra números o si tienen el archivo traducido al español seria mejor :D de igual forma cualquier ayuda se agradece

disculpe alguien aquí me podría ayudar con eso del cambio de lenguaje para el juego es que lo trato de hacer pero no acepta la traducción solo em muestra números o si tienen el archivo traducido al español seria mejor :D de igual forma cualquier ayuda se agradece

Envíame un PM. Te puedo ayudar.

--

Send me a PM. I can help you

@Desu we seriously need global subforums D:

Well, I made a string translation from English to Portuguese(Portugal) for those that doesn't understand very much english. I hope you like it.

Fiz esta tradução do Inglês para o Português(Portugal) para aqueles que não percebem muito bem Inglês. Espero que gostem.

Download

I made translation English to Spanish.

He hecho la traducción del Inglés al Español.

[url="http://pastebin.com/G2iVpKer"]http://pastebin.com/G2iVpKer[/url]

(SPANISH)
Los nombres de objetos personalizados del juego (para los que donan) no están traducidos. Necesitaría fotos de los errores que encontréis y poderlos solucionar.

Falta:

-Nombres de objetos personalizados.
-Nombre de la mochila. La cual no cabe, estoy pendiente para hacer un cambio con ayuda de los administradores.
-Gráficamente cuando quieres devolver al pokemon a su bola (caminando)

Un saludo y espero haber sido de ayuda.

(ENGLISH)
The name of donator items isnt translated yet. I need photo if u find some bug.

Isnt fixed:
- Names of Donators Items.
- Spanish name of bag.
- Unssumon TXT

I'm translating the game to spanish. and i have a question. Where is the battle strings? i mean. i cant translate the battle because the battle strings doesnt appear in the file Strings_en.xml if you can upload it to pastebin or something i will thank you so much from that work. Thanks for your patience. i'll be waiting for an answer  ;)