Holiday Themed Substitutes

nickesco

Question

8 answers to this question

The substitute image is taken from the rom, not sure if they can put a sprite in battle from somewhere else without editing the rom.

Could just be a concept for next april fools then. To trick people into believing that the other person switched pokemon if they weren't paying attention enough. I know I don't constantly read the text in battles.

Uhm sure I guess that would be cool but I would rather they sorted out substitute in general first so you can see what is behind the sub.

I haven't played much past 3rd gen for pokemon games so I don't know if they ever did that in another pokemon game. I always remember sub just being there in place of the pokemon.

I haven't played much past 3rd gen for pokemon games so I don't know if they ever did that in another pokemon game. I always remember sub just being there in place of the pokemon.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/39386-subpassing-to-nicknamed-pokes/?p=710912
Darkshade said here in this thread that it was an issue they were looking into because at the moment you can subpass in say a Starmie named Blissey leading your opponent into believing you have a Blissey. It's neither here nor there though, I still think your suggestion is pretty cool and would make a nice personal touch if it was implementable.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/39386-subpassing-to-nicknamed-pokes/?p=710912
Darkshade said here in this thread that it was an issue they were looking into because at the moment you can subpass in say a Starmie named Blissey leading your opponent into believing you have a Blissey. It's neither here nor there though, I still think your suggestion is pretty cool and would make a nice personal touch if it was implementable

Well that could be considered a problem to some people. Although I find it as just another element to the pokemon game. Although if you wanted to do something about it then I think it'd be easiest to show the pokemon until it would get hit and then the picture would show the other poke hitting the sub. Probably would take some work if they even put it in.